Frenchman suspected of killing his son then committing suicide in Jomtien

webfact

For the conspiracy theorists, 2 letters has been found, one for his family and one for his thai wife. So you might just think they jumped to conclusion so they could have an early coffee break, but that is so typical some of you commenters in here.

To those who condemn the father, you have no clue what pushed him this far. No saying what he did can be justified, but there might be reasons for his actions which is beyond mentally disturbed.

May both R.I.P, such a terrible story.

Being skeptical and suspicious can keep people alive in Thailand, being naive will certainly get you in to trouble here !

Nothing wrong by being skeptic, but blind hatred as a some got towards the law enforcement here is ridiculous. While we can agree that not every case is being handled in an optimized way, but some try to claim that the police jumped to conclusion, which we really don't know if they did yet. And those who claim this are actually the ones jumping to conclusion.

I am just getting tired of reading hate comments for what seem to me to be hypocrites.

I agree about the hate comments - those of you who are so unhappy here - why not return to whence you came and see the inperfection in what you left behind before blurting judgement! I agree there are many things that as 'farang' we would do differently, but we have chosen to be here in full knowledge !

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't seem really logical to assume a murder suicide this early. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't. The info from the article doesn't give enough info to know. In addition, it depends on whether or not the police aren't lazy on the case. Fingerprints and DNA, background info and lots more stuff should be looked into before automatically making the final call on the case.

This is the Pattaya police, as much as you are right I have not heard of any follow up investigations on any of these as yet. I suspect they will find out what they need to in order to support their theory and leave it at that.

A tragic story, where is the mother i wonder? Or any other relatives?

May be the time for open a hotline just for expats and foreigners in crisis....

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed again. Please stop using bold font when posting.

Doesn't seem really logical to assume a murder suicide this early. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't. The info from the article doesn't give enough info to know. In addition, it depends on whether or not the police aren't lazy on the case. Fingerprints and DNA, background info and lots more stuff should be looked into before automatically making the final call on the case.

Forensics perhaps?

• Like 1

For the conspiracy theorists, 2 letters has been found, one for his family and one for his thai wife. So you might just think they jumped to conclusion so they could have an early coffee break, but that is so typical some of you commenters in here.

To those who condemn the father, you have no clue what pushed him this far. No saying what he did can be justified, but there might be reasons for his actions which is beyond mentally disturbed.

Being skeptical and suspicious can keep people alive in Thailand, being naive will certainly get you in to trouble here !

Nothing wrong by being skeptic, but blind hatred as a some got towards the law enforcement here is ridiculous. While we can agree that not every case is being handled in an optimized way, but some try to claim that the police jumped to conclusion, which we really don't know if they did yet. And those who claim this are actually the ones jumping to conclusion.

I am just getting tired of reading hate comments for what seem to me to be hypocrites.

I think the police have done themselves no favors in gaining a bad reputation. Everyone knows of the corruption, many have seen it, me included (mine jus by the roadside but still corruption).

The Pattaya police chief made a "public" statement that he was extending the police station with his own money? How arrogant can you get, bordering on unbelievable and of course it sends a message to all that he is corrupt.

Also, I have read a few cases of terrible incidents being swept under the carpet such as the Red Bull heir driving his Ferrari drunk, crashing and killing a Policeman.. So far no trial, its gone very quiet. This isn't the only one, so people get the impression that the police don't really do anything unless there is a financial reward.

It may be unfair to think this way but its what people do isn't it? They form opinions based upon what they have seen or know.

I hope in this case that they do investigate properly, it is so sad to see not just the father but an innocent 2 year old die under such circumstances and it certainly warrants a close look. But I suspect and fear that we will not hear anymore of the incident after today..

I would like to re proved wrong..

Assuming the information posted is close to correct you seem to be contradicting yourself in your last paragraph or you have taken leave of your senses. What possible justification can there be for such a vile ,brutal and abhorrently callous act. Any person who could perpetrate such an act would have to be seriously mentally deranged.

The only thing worse than this kind of death is to have it dubiously summed up in a report by an incompetent simian. That has to be the grossest tragedy of all. I am emphatically convinced that much was overlooked or simply did not register on the consciousness of the anthropoids on the scene after they and their tag-along lackeys loped in and befouled the crime scene with their shuffling clumsiness and cameras and video recorders rolling. It disgusts and angers me that much!

That little two year old taking the heat for someone elses problems really gets me in the soft spot. Bless him to bits regardless of the truth of what happened.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

How often such abhorrent acts occur there. Do people from all around the world wake up one morning and think to themselves "I'll go to pattaya to commit suicide" or is it just possible this place may corrupt the sense and sensibilities of humankind, time and time again...

There is, of course, a third possible explanation - that a lot of these " suicides" are not suicides at all. Far too often the Pattaya police are reminiscent of the Brazilian police who discovered the charred bodies of a man and a woman in a burnt bedroom. Premilinary investigation revealed BOTH had been shot to death. The police investigators quickly declared it a case of a lovers' quarrel resulting in a murder suicide. Aside from the obvious problems of plausibility, the fact that the dead man was the notorious PC Farias, the bag man for impeached president Collor de Mello, and a person whom many wanted dead. The police investigators did not consider these factors, and the case was closed.:)

What a tragedy. RIP. I hope the police will do the proper investigation and find out if the man was depressed or mentally ill.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Or murdered. Seems to me someone went to allot of trouble to make sure these two were dead.

RIP to you young nipper.......

Hell to you Frenchy!!!!

Hey Dude, wait the conclusion of the investigation before to accuse the French guy to have killed his son !

Suicide seems very strange, we all know how about Thailand, things could become nasty when some bad people are involve in the story.

Here you can die for a few box, your life value is cheap.

I feel very sick about this, on Saturday I was in the Flying Dolphins Jomtien, and a Farang carrying a small child looked in the door and just stared, the child was wrapped in a blanket, this was about 1am, I went to the ATM a little later and he was walking further down the street near Country Road, just wandering around

Back in the bar about 30 minutes later he walked past again, I mentioned to a few people this was seemed odd, perhaps we should call the police just to check him out, and it was met with shrugs

Has to be the same guy, and I feel so sorry I did not do more, the ages are just right as is the timing, many many people must have seen him

RIP to you young nipper.......

Hell to you Frenchy!!!!

You dont know for sure he even done it, thats just what the cops are putting it down too, there could be alot more to this than you know mate? Sounds a bit sketchy to me he would kill himself with a bag over his own head.

There are many other easier faster ways to do such a thing, i recon dont lets be too hard on him just yet..

R.I.P to the both of them.. sad.png

I feel very sick about this, on Saturday I was in the , and a Farang carrying a small child looked in the door and just stared, the child was wrapped in a blanket, this was about 1am, I went to the ATM a little later and he was walking further down the street near Country Road, just wandering around

Back in the bar about 30 minutes later he walked past again, I mentioned to a few people this was seemed odd, perhaps we should call the police just to check him out, and it was met with shrugs

Has to be the same guy, and I feel so sorry I did not do more, the ages are just right as is the timing, many many people must have seen him

If its really the same man and child, I would be very sorry to and ask myself, why I not tried to make contact with the guy.

I looked now the two places, Condo building and the Bar you mentioned, that is far, no walking distance.

But surely could have been driven, but, good possibility was only another man who tried to calm him son down, who did not like to sleep. whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

I am not a forensic expert but, a plastic bag over your own head in order to commit suicide? Weird. Sad story.

A common and painless method of suicide. Add a can of nitrogen and even faster.

What a sad story, a little boy a victim of his own father!

Plastic bags with a drawstring or taped on? Maybe painless if used with an inert gas but without the increased carbon dioxide leads to panic and struggling. He would have had to immobilize his hands to prevent the natural body reactions from ripping it off. Instinct kicks in. Not that common either compared to hanging, shooting, jumping from heights, drowning or self poisoning / drug overdose.

This is a very sad tragic case. Two young lives lost. Hopefully the RTP will actually investigate this thoroughly and carefully rather than assume the answer that's easiest for them must be correct and declare case solved.

A failed hanging, knife wound to the throat and plastic bag - should raise some red flags for the police that might require some further investigation.

Hopefully the French authorities will put some pressure on them to find out the truth.

So very true. To commit suicide with a knife, slashing of veins under warm water excepted, requires special training and is unlikely to succeed if you don't have it. Similar to the suicide by plastic bag (without the inert gas) and to pressing a pillow on yourself, survival instincts will kick in long before you can do any serious harm to yourself. If the knife wounds are really self-inflicted, this would point more to a desire to torture and cause pain to yourself, which is a certain type of mental illness, but those people in general want to stay alive so that they can feel more pain, rather than to kill themselves. With so many far more sure and painless methods of suicide readily available, I am really wondering about the possibility of foul play here. The presence of the letters would indicate elaborate planning. What were the hidden aspects of the victim's life?

They came to there conclusion pretty quick " Suicide " I hope the little boy did not suffer can never understand why someone would kill there own flesh and blood R.I.P

Possibly revenge against unempathetic local S.O.

There are very few that ( to use your words ) " have a blind hatred " towards the law enforcement authorities. Let's face it - they are pretty incompetent and the majority are corrupt. I think most of the negative comments towards the police are just pointing out these facts. There is no way that all the deaths in Thailand that are classed either as accidents or suicides are all correctly classified. I suspect that a good chunk of these are incorrectly classified. If you have had any personal dealings with the police, lawyers or even the courts, I think you would be also more cynical. Just putting this particular case to one side, for a moment, let's also not forget that there are also some quite elaborate scams and mafia networks in Thailand which are quite well thought out and deeply networked. IMO - keep an open mind until science proves beyond a reasonable doubt that he took his sons life and that of his own. Suicide notes and botched initial attempts at suicide can also be part of a more elaborate cover up - it's all possible !

There are very few that ( to use your words ) " have a blind hatred " towards the law enforcement authorities. Let's face it - they are pretty incompetent and the majority are corrupt. I think most of the negative comments towards the police are just pointing out these facts. There is no way that all the deaths in Thailand that are classed either as accidents or suicides are all correctly classified. I suspect that a good chunk of these are incorrectly classified. If you have had any personal dealings with the police, lawyers or even the courts, I think you would be also more cynical. Just putting this particular case to one side, for a moment, let's also not forget that there are also some quite elaborate scams and mafia networks in Thailand which are quite well thought out and deeply networked. IMO - keep an open mind until science proves beyond a reasonable doubt that he took his sons life and that of his own. Suicide notes and botched initial attempts at suicide can also be part of a more elaborate cover up - it's all possible !

I did have my encounters with police and also been in need of lawyer and been to court (though not in a criminal case). But you actually make my point, by trying not to jump to conclusion before we know much more about the case. We don't know if is case closed with the conclusion that it was suicide. We don't know much in this case so far, YET there is some who already stated that the police did in fact make that conclusion. Another states that he is sure his thai wife must have been behind, and a 3rd states that the man is without a doubt mentally ill.

What is funny and a bit of hypocrisy is those who claim police jumps to conclusion, because such statement is jumping to conclusion.

As i did state before, then i know not all cases are handled in optimized way. I know how things can work in this country, i am not new in Thailand, and i knew how things was before i actually moved here. I can only hope that things can and will become better, i am not here to tell people how they are ought to do things. I know a whole bunch of the "BIB" shouters in this forum, does one way or the other "benefit" from corruption too.

If things are as bad as so many people try to make it seem, why are they still here then?

• Like 1

And so we have another case that leaves more questions than answers and doubt there will be any updates. So no point in commenting or making assumptions because we don not know and guess we never will know the full facts of this case.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I feel very sick about this, on Saturday I was in the , and a Farang carrying a small child looked in the door and just stared, the child was wrapped in a blanket, this was about 1am, I went to the ATM a little later and he was walking further down the street near Country Road, just wandering around

If its really the same man and child, I would be very sorry to and ask myself, why I not tried to make contact with the guy.

I looked now the two places, Condo building and the Bar you mentioned, that is far, no walking distance.

But surely could have been driven, but, good possibility was only another man who tried to calm him son down, who did not like to sleep. alt=whistling.gif>

I do feel really bad about it, he just stood staring into the bar holding the child it was almost like he was looking at me, at one point he was walking in the middle of the road, I knew it was not right, I was even thinking about it later that night.

He could have easily jumped on a Baht bus to get back to the condo, it was him for sure, no doubt in my mind

Even France losing to Germany in the World Cup should not provoke such a despicable act.

" Time and a Place " spring to mind ??

I think that goes beyond what I could laugh at - to be honest ! I love humor - but that stretches beyond it pal - particularly where a nipper is involved!!

• Like 2