Frenchman suspected of killing his son then committing suicide in Jomtien

webfact

Frenchman suspected of killing his son then committing suicide in Jomtien

dead-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Monday afternoon, Police were called to a Condominium Complex in Jomtien where a suspected murder and suicide had taken place.

Police were directed to room number 415 on the 4th floor of the Park Lane Jomtien Resort, known to be occupied by a Frenchman, Mr. Yonatan Kerner aged 28 and his 2 year old son. Inside were the bodies of both individuals who are thought to have been dead for approximately 3 days. Police were alerted by cleaning staff at the complex who noticed a foul odor coming from the room.

Forensic Police were called in and began by examining the body of the 2 year old boy. His head was wrapped in a plastic bag and evidence of severe blows to the head were documented. The boy had also been cut across his neck and it is believed he was administered an injection of Nembutal 100ml, which is a powerful anesthetic and can induce death if a high dose is administered.

The body of Mr. Kerner was found next to the bed in a separate bedroom. It appeared he also suffered from a major laceration to his neck and he also had a plastic bag over his head. In the bathroom Police saw evidence of a failed hanging which they assume involved Mr. Kerner who, Police think, intended to initially commit suicide by hanging, which was unsuccessful.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/134249/frenchman-suspected-of-killing-his-son-then-committing-suicide-in-jomtien/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-07-08

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a tragedy. RIP. I hope the police will do the proper investigation and find out if the man was depressed or mentally ill.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The investigative abilities of the BIB is notoriously lacking. There are so many ways this tragedy could have played out. My own (MY OWN) guess would have been more on the lines of a Thai woman doing this and making it look like murder suicide (Thai boyfriend involved) There has to be a nasty Thai woman involved at some level in this ugly deed, surly? w00t.gif

• Like 2

How often such abhorrent acts occur there. Do people from all around the world wake up one morning and think to themselves "I'll go to pattaya to commit suicide" or is it just possible this place may corrupt the sense and sensibilities of humankind, time and time again...

• Like 2

Truly shocking. I hope he has some family who insist on a thorough investigation. There must have been easier and less painful ways to end 2 x lives. The choices that this guy made ( allegedly ) seem violent and difficult - and if nothing else, that should make the police / family sufficiently suspicious to investigate this further !

How often such abhorrent acts occur there. Do people from all around the world wake up one morning and think to themselves "I'll go to pattaya to commit suicide" or is it just possible this place may corrupt the sense and sensibilities of humankind, time and time again...

Not everything is that straight forward! What gets written on a death certificate is not always correct - it's just convenient !

• Like 2

I am not a forensic expert but, a plastic bag over your own head in order to commit suicide? Weird. Sad story.

A common and painless method of suicide. Add a can of nitrogen and even faster.

What a sad story, a little boy a victim of his own father!

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 2

RIP, both of you. But if the wife complained of physical abuse and left him, why didn't she take the boy with her??? She should know that the abuse dealt to her can easily transfer on to the son... Or didn't she care?

What a tragedy. RIP. I hope the police will do the proper investigation and find out if the man was depressed or mentally ill.

Yes,....quite a tragedy.

Seems like just a day ago I read of a fellow, whose wife left him for her former Tom, and he killed himself and 2 sons,....sort of a complete divorce. Maybe better for the sons that way. But it will take many more suicides before wives emotionally pledged to their Toms take notice.

I am not a forensic expert but, a plastic bag over your own head in order to commit suicide? Weird. Sad story.

A common and painless method of suicide. Add a can of nitrogen and even faster.

What a sad story, a little boy a victim of his own father!

Plastic bags with a drawstring or taped on? Maybe painless if used with an inert gas but without the increased carbon dioxide leads to panic and struggling. He would have had to immobilize his hands to prevent the natural body reactions from ripping it off. Instinct kicks in. Not that common either compared to hanging, shooting, jumping from heights, drowning or self poisoning / drug overdose.

This is a very sad tragic case. Two young lives lost. Hopefully the RTP will actually investigate this thoroughly and carefully rather than assume the answer that's easiest for them must be correct and declare case solved.

A failed hanging, knife wound to the throat and plastic bag - should raise some red flags for the police that might require some further investigation.

Hopefully the French authorities will put some pressure on them to find out the truth.

• Like 1

The investigative abilities of the BIB is notoriously lacking. There are so many ways this tragedy could have played out. My own (MY OWN) guess would have been more on the lines of a Thai woman doing this and making it look like murder suicide (Thai boyfriend involved) There has to be a nasty Thai woman involved at some level in this ugly deed, surly? w00t.gif

Why ? just why?

I think that the answer is (obviously) "both"... How could any sane person do that to a two year old little boy? And at this point, what difference does it make? If he was merely depressed, will you suggest counseling, or if mentally ill confine him to an institution so as to prevent it from happening again?