US Transit Visa

Hello All,

I did a search but couldn't find any updated info.

I am looking for any up to date personal feedback regarding a Thai obtaining a US transit Visa.

I will be back in BKK for a vacation mid July and returning to Haiti end of the month and we both wish she comes to Haiti for a while.

My wife and I understand she will need a transit visa if we travel the more direct route through JFK but are wondering how difficult the transit visa is to obtain.

Will it be possible to get it during my 2.5 weeks vacation while in BKK.

Thank you in advance,

BR.

James .d

I'd bet you'll not have a lot of luck finding people who've obtained a U.S. Transit Visa, mainly because it's just not all that common. However, take look at some background:

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/niv_visa_classification.html

The C-1 is the Transit Visa: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_4383.html

The the paper shuffle starts: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/niv_howtoapply.html

Mac

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All,

A belated thank you for the info, we finally got our act together and filled in the online Transit Application (C1), paid and my better half will attend an interview next week as the US Embassy.

I will be back over there but the papers we have got are the following:

1. Passport. (New and Old)

2. Bangkok House Book.

3. Land Document in the North.

4. My passport copy showing entries via US to Haiti.

5. My work contract.

6. Bank book will be updated on the date of interview.

7. Thai Marriage Certificate.

8. Wifes ID.

Would anyone be so kind to inform if any other documents may be required/handy?

Many thanks as usual,

Best Regards.

James.

James

\

If you're going to be here interview time, suggest your wife take along your original passport, not the copies.

Include some documentation showing your status in Haiti, resident, working, etc. I assume your work contract is for Haiti. Flag your passport with their visa page, too.

Mac

James

\

If you're going to be here interview time, suggest your wife take along your original passport, not the copies.

Include some documentation showing your status in Haiti, resident, working, etc. I assume your work contract is for Haiti. Flag your passport with their visa page, too.

Mac

Mac,

Thank you very much for your suggestion, sadly i am leaving tonight (my fault i left it too late) and the interview is scheduled for next Wednesday 6th August. My wife will take my current contract which is up to 31st December 2014 in Haiti.

How to "flag" my british passport?, i maybe couldn't see how do this on their site.

Thank you again,

James.

James

OK, if not your passport, then a good xerox of it, put paper tags at your Haiti visa page. Tesco-Lotus has some nice small colored sticky tags, absent those, how about just a cut piece of paper with a note on it indicated the visa page, scotch tape it in.

Perhaps in your SHORT cover letter, include a sentence that you had to depart prior to the interview to get back to work, which is why only a copy of your passport is included in the package.

Tell your wife to have this note and your passport copy right on top of her submission.

Good luck! And, please let us know how it goes.

Mac

Mac.

Many Thank-you's for your valued input, I shall have every single page of my passport copied and include the stickers highlighting the stamp via the US and Haitien entry stamps too.

The short cover letter shall be printed in colour on company letterhead and the final outcome posted as maybe helpful to others.

Best Regards

James.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All,

Update, we provided all documentation and Thanyaburi Macs great advice of putting things in order with indicators to allow the US staff locate info easier. My wife was told during the interview that the application for C! Transit visa was successful. C1 Visa for 5 yrs was received in the passport.

Will do the B1 visa from here in Haiti. I guess she will need all the info translated into English.

Thank you all again.