Reason You Moved To Thailand

Sometimes I wonder why YOU moved here because every single post of yours that I have seen is all negative things about LOS.

So whats your story?

Monochaser ,

I really would like to know that too....

anyway here is my reason

I moved here because of my Wife....having said that i also like the Thai People , Asian Food (not only Thai), and the way of live here . I am close enough to BKK to enjoy the City for a one day trip and far enough out to have it quiet ....i really like it that way.

rcm :o

I moved over here in 1991 because of a job offer. When the economy crashed I went back to the US. I came back because I WANTED to. I'm now retired and here to stay.

Hi all,

I came to Asia 3 years ago.

First stayed in Singapore for two years and then my company decided to place me in Thailand.

I am travveling 3 weeks per month within Asia Pacific and have no time to learn Thai.

I know when I could speak and understand Thai language this place is wonderfull.

On the other hand Singapore is a very nice place to live, it is clean and everything is well organised.

Good internet connection , good banking and good place to go out and havefun if you know where to go.

My company recently offered me to come back to SG but now I am thinking.

Would my live be better in SG ore Thailand?

Please give me your thoughts.

kind regards,

Alex

You mentioned the advantages by yourself already. Go SIN-lah, very good lah.

I mean it, BKK is fun, but Singapore is more so.

Good living, most things work. Nightlife, if you like it, by far better than Thailand, which has none anymore.

Language capabilties? International training? Job-performance?

Chose SIN. While I am still in BKK? I like the unpredictability.

I will be there next year because I love almost everything Thailand has to offer.

The girls are easy on the eyes, the food is great. I love the warm weather and the nice beaches down south, the night life is great.

The people are friendly. Everything is cheap. I just love it all

Originally for a job, but increasingly for the lifestyle, weather, cheap leaving and general sabai-sabai ness.

I was recently offered a job in HK, but turned it down. Why leave, I thought. This is home now. I have no desire to go anywhere else.

I think the answer that the OP is looking for is that I couldn't get laid back home as I am a loser so I came here to get my end away in the Land of Smiles. :D:o

come on monochaser, dont be so hard on yourself :D

I think the answer that the OP is looking for is that I couldn't get laid back home as I am a loser so I came here to get my end away in the Land of Smiles. :D:o

I was slagging myself off and not Monochaser. :D Honest guv'nor! :D

I was slagging myself off and not Monochaser. :D Honest guv'nor! :D

Ok, well Moonchaser, what is your reason

Ok Ok, yes indeed I came here for the hot chicks. This was the sole reason. If they were not here, I would never have come. They are a major asset. After my 1st year here 4 years ago, I met the one I have been with for the last 3 years. Having all the other chicks around is a good thing to keep said chick in check. You like that? chick in check. LOL. So bottom line here is that the chicks are such an overwhelming reason to be here that they offset the great many negatives associated with living in Thailand. I will examine those below

UG is a real comedian I tell you, moved here for the beer. LOL, good one UG

OK, not reasons I moved Here:

Cost of Living: I live in BKK and my cost of living is far higher on almost everything than in the states, including: rent, food, electric, BEER, clothes. I used to eat the street food (which is obviously cheap) but then I did one of my famous experiments of laying off it for a month, then going back on. Well it seems that my body had built up a tolerance to it so that after buying groceries and making my own food for a month detoxed me. After going back on the street food for a day, I had some serious stomach problems. So, not wanting anymore of this, I stick with self food prep, which is a lot more expensive here than in states. Rent in prime locations for large Apts in BKK is expensive, more than I would pay in US. This I do because prime location and luxury APT is very important to me. Electric here is much higher than US. Clothes are a lot more and much lower quality. In fact, you really cant find anything suitable for a 6' 3" man with size 12 feet.

Net Connection: No did not move here for that. I can crawl a block faster than a Thai Visa page will open. LOL

Friendly Folks: meaning friendly natives, I mean genuinely, sincerely friendly. I've met countless expats who fit that bill but not locals.

Edited by monochaser

Ok Ok, yes indeed I came here for the hot chicks. This was the sole reason. If they were not here, I would never have come. They are a major asset. After my 1st year here 4 years ago, I met the one I have been with for the last 3 years. Having all the other chicks around is a good thing to keep said chick in check. You like that? chick in check. LOL. So bottom line here is that the chicks are such an overwhelming reason to be here that they offset the great many negatives associated with living in Thailand. I will examine those below

Cost of Living: I live in BKK and my cost of living is far higher on almost everything than in the states, including: rent, food, electric, BEER, clothes. I used to eat the street food (which is obviously cheap) but then I did one of my famous experiments of laying off it for a month, then going back on. Well it seems that my body had built up a tolerance to it so that after buying groceries and making my own food for a month detoxed me. After going back on the street food for a day, I had some serious stomach problems. So, not wanting anymore of this, I stick with self food prep, which is a lot more expensive here than in states. Rent in prime locations for large Apts in BKK is expensive, more than I would pay in US. This I do because prime location and luxury APT is very important to me. Electric here is much higher than US. Clothes are a lot more and much lower quality. In fact, you really cant find anything suitable for a 6' 3" man with size 12 feet.

Net Connection: No did not move here for that. I can crawl a block faster than a Thai Visa page will open. LOL

Friendly Folks: meaning friendly natives, I mean genuinely, sincerely friendly. I've met countless expats who fit that bill but not locals.

Fair enough you're here for the chicks....did you ever consider to take the one you have back to the states. Seeing that anything else is not to your favor(or too expensiv?) this might bring an end to the misery.

While i find Thai woman attractive i also found woman attractive in South America , Russia and other parts of Asia....and if it is just for the chicks than i would consider those places too. Except you found "the One"(as many of us did- including myself) this changes the situation somewhat. But then still relocating with "the One" is an open option....

rcm :o

This forum wouldnt be the same without you :o