Reason You Moved To Thailand

Reason You Moved To Thailand

:D

So that one Kan Pick his own Nose in public, the same as most do here and not feel ashamed to do it. :D

Opps.. :o Sh*te wong Fred me tink :D

Edited by Kan Win

I first came her for the drugs, illegal and prescription over the counter, and the cheap whiskey and wild nights. Getting laid easily by beautiful women was an added bonus, as were the beaches and laid back atitude of the Thais, and able to get work easily. I'm not embarassed to say this as now I don't touch any drugs or alcohol and stick with my wife. :o .

oh.. and the weather and temples to detox in!

Edited by Neeranam

my wife is thai, and as I expect to have to live close to her family living anywhere else was not an option. I'm not particularly happy with my Suphanburi circumstances; I prefer a big city to a sleepy little cow town in central Thailand with terrible food and etc. but the wife's family have made it livable. I can see that my modest contribution has made a significant difference in their standard of living and is appreciated and it's nice having lots of kids around. The neighbors, shop keepers and food stall ladies all know me so it's a comfortable life when I'm down at the ranch.

a nice pied a terre/condo in BKK would complement the arrangement quite nicely...my excuse is that access to better schools in the smoke would be a benefit to those kids that display academic promise, also access to better English language instruction...

I am prepared to spend whatever is available to further our mutual best interests...you can't take it with you...I'm gonna probably work 'till I drop anyway...

Fair enough you're here for the chicks....did you ever consider to take the one you have back to the states. Seeing that anything else is not to your favor(or too expensiv?) this might bring an end to the misery.

While i find Thai woman attractive i also found woman attractive in South America , Russia and other parts of Asia....and if it is just for the chicks than i would consider those places too. Except you found "the One"(as many of us did- including myself) this changes the situation somewhat. But then still relocating with "the One" is an open option....

rcm :D

Taking said chick back to the US would be far too risky for monochaser. Once the chick sees her typical “competition” in the US monochaser will instantly loose what helps to keep the chick in check here in BKK.

Seems to me the extra expense, and misery, monochaser subjects himself to here in LOS is simply the cost associated with keeping his chick in check. :o

Fair enough you're here for the chicks....did you ever consider to take the one you have back to the states. Seeing that anything else is not to your favor(or too expensiv?) this might bring an end to the misery.

While i find Thai woman attractive i also found woman attractive in South America , Russia and other parts of Asia....and if it is just for the chicks than i would consider those places too. Except you found "the One"(as many of us did- including myself) this changes the situation somewhat. But then still relocating with "the One" is an open option....

rcm :D

Taking said chick back to the US would be far too risky for monochaser. Once the chick sees her typical “competition” in the US monochaser will instantly loose what helps to keep the chick in check here in BKK.

Seems to me the extra expense, and misery, monochaser subjects himself to here in LOS is simply the cost associated with keeping his chick in check. :o

This may be sensible advice, but, of of course, this also applies to the vast majority of us expats.

Not just monochaser. :D

1st came 15 years ago to train as had been doing Muaythai in U.K for a couple of years and wanted to train at a proper camp and see the fights at Lumpini and Ratchadamnern. Came for a month and fell in love with a lot of other things here and have been coming back and forth ever since. Have been here nearly 5 years now and have as many others here have done, got involved with a Thai girl so looks like could be here to stay.

Having had male friends who were posted here for years...

1. Intrigue. All of "IT"

(wimmin included but there are great women everywhere...Haven't you clicked on that?)

2. Not hearing people talking bo**ocks in English all day and night!

3. Being introduced to my Thai wife. Not a slut aswell! But a "showroom condition" (vergin on the ridiculous) Woman...Who tells it Like it is.

Nibbo (child) number two just arrived.etc,etc..

4. This will sound weird, and I can't see anyone else flagging it up...BUT...It is the defining reason why I felt I HAD to visit Thailand.

I was riding my Harley down to the local hel_l's Angels clubhouse. I was in discussion doing some work for them.

Some knobhead did their best to kill me. They were fatally injured but I received massive facial forte

injuries. Try lobbing some scaffolding at someone's face blatting along on a Harley!! My life was saved by West Coast **** and Windsor ***.(names witheld)

24 days of coma...every 24 hours with a nurse sitting by my bed...

In COMA LAND...

I went from England by ship (why?!) south. Around Southern Africa. Constantly sun coming off the waves, looking out to sea with the heat of the tropics belting down. I stopped at Australia...but ended up in "China".

EXCEPT It was hot and dazzlingly sunny...And the "Chinese" were brown skinned...and there were palm trees! and it was "smiley". >THIS< I FOUND OUT...WAS THAILAND.

THE REST - As many of You will contest by your own unique paths - "Is history!"

Best thing I have ever done! If you've got the emotional reserves and are willing to create a new

perspective on What can be...

Remember.

If You stay.

You are the W.O.G.

(Western Oriental Gentleman)

" Clothes are a lot more and much lower quality. In fact, you really cant find anything suitable for a 6' 3" man with size 12 feet. "

I'm 6'5, also with size 12 and I have no problem finding business clothes as well as jeans, t-shirts, dress shirts and casual wear. Have you been to Siam Paragon, MBK, Central World area?

GOOOD Question!!! My significant other is 6'4" size, 13 or 14 I forget. and he will have to find that type of stuff after we move there.

Wow. So much to think about...

I'm with tutsi on this one. I met my husband here as a tourist and only live here to be with him. Island life is nice but not the "Paradise" everyone assumes it to be. Everywhere has its pluses and minuses. For me, the only major plus is my husband. I am not, at heart, a country girl, and have (over the years) sacrificed alot of my own personal lifestyle choices to live here with my husband but he's been worth it. :o

quote "not hearing people talking bo@@ocks in english all day"

i'll second that.

sometimes it's conforting to know that you can find somewhere in thailand where you can reside, without having to hear the same sh@te,you feel youve heard 1 million times before.

& yes,i know i'm a miserable git. :o

i'll second that.

sometimes it's conforting to know that you can find somewhere in thailand where you can reside, without having to hear the same sh@te,you feel youve heard 1 million times before.

& yes,i know i'm a miserable git. :o

NEVER EVER TRY TO LEARN/UNDERSTAND THAI!

I think the answer that the OP is looking for is that I couldn't get laid back home as I am a loser so I came here to get my end away in the Land of Smiles. :D:o

How about I couldn't get laid enough...? :D

Can't believe that, Ulysses G.

All them hippie chicks in SF w/the free love-dove :D

QUOTE(thankuverybig @ 2006-07-01 18:20:13) *

i'll second that.

& yes,i know i'm a miserable git. biggrin.gif

NEVER EVER TRY TO LEARN/UNDERSTAND THAI!

" Clothes are a lot more and much lower quality. In fact, you really cant find anything suitable for a 6' 3" man with size 12 feet. "

I'm 6'5, also with size 12 and I have no problem finding business clothes as well as jeans, t-shirts, dress shirts and casual wear. Have you been to Siam Paragon, MBK, Central World area?

Im 6'0 and i wear size 13, you guys have small feet for your height. :o

Nah mate.... you got it wrong.. Oh wait.. you are being sarcastic.

Mods can you move this to the Height and shoe size thread????

It´s somewhere near the Nose Booger size thread.

Ok Ok, yes indeed I came here for the hot chicks. This was the sole reason. If they were not here, I would never have come. They are a major asset. After my 1st year here 4 years ago, I met the one I have been with for the last 3 years. Having all the other chicks around is a good thing to keep said chick in check. You like that? chick in check. LOL.

Well at least you admit that. :o

Ok Ok, yes indeed I came here for the hot chicks. This was the sole reason. If they were not here, I would never have come. They are a major asset. After my 1st year here 4 years ago, I met the one I have been with for the last 3 years. Having all the other chicks around is a good thing to keep said chick in check. You like that? chick in check. LOL.

Well at least you admit that. :D

How refreshing! :o