3bb in rawai

stevehaigh

I too have been having problems in Chalong with the 10 meg package. Pity as has been real god for the last few years - only last 4 weeks or so.

hum, well i just got the 13mb package and according to speed test i am now getting 13 down 1 up, but the problem was never speed, its more timeouts when going to web pages. sounds like Thailand internet sucks at the moment.

I too have been having problems in Chalong with the 10 meg package. Pity as has been real god for the last few years - only last 4 weeks or so.

hum, well i just got the 13mb package and according to speed test i am now getting 13 down 1 up, but the problem was never speed, its more timeouts when going to web pages. sounds like Thailand internet sucks at the moment.

Been having the same problem with TOT so have just given them the a###. It seems as if they are being throttled and it may have something to do with recent events in Bangkok. To solve the problem, I am now using my phone as a hotspot and am getting more reliable and similar internet speeds (at a lower price incidentally!!) than using TOT 6mb. My pocket is now 800+ baht per month better off as a result!

I also had some problems last few days, today is ok again.

Yep. There was definitely a problem over the last few days. I was experiencing the exact same thing. Pages partially loading, timing out, needing to reload 3-4 times before they would load properly. 3BB 10M down 512k up in Rawai. Today the router showed connected to the internet, computer showed "connected to internet" but nothing would load. I restarted the router and ever since smooth sailing again. I suspect a problem at the local hub.

I do notice a difference between the 13m down 1m up I had at the house I just moved from. Worth the extra money. i will be upgrading. Torrents hum nicely with the upgraded package but basic is not too bad either, but surfing while torrenting suffers.

Edited by NomadJoe

I have had 3BB now for a year, I pay for 10 MB but never get more than 1,5Mb if I am extremely lucky. The speed test says well around 10 MB, but when I down load security or software updates it goes never ever above 1.5 MB. Downloaded a software update of around 65 MB, took 30 minutes. But don't worry, just came back from Singapore today, not much better there toogiggle.gif

I also had some problems last few days, today is ok again.

I also have the "9 Mb" package which is now 17918 / 1278, according to the modem.

I had to call them out last week - first time in years - as the Internet went off for 15 minutes or so several times during a few days. The two guys couldn't find a problem so I assumed it was an intermittent fault that would become permanent one day soon. But it hasn't yet. I've got the local guy's number and said I would call him back if it failed permanently. He actually called me after a couple of days and asked if it was OK.

My IP address has been changing quite often the last few days so it may be a problem with a box in the street.