First reports of new overstay crackdown

What about some of us who have children here without the correct visa, me being one of them? Yes, I know I should of done things properly, but due to unforeseen circumstances we both ended up on tourist visas, him on a visa exempt and me on a single entry, so please no lectures!

I am going to Laos on Monday to get a new Non-B visa along with my sons Non-O. Does anyone think I will have any problems getting him back into the country?

There is no reason why there would be any problem for him to enter that I can think of.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you make an extension of stay being Retirement,Married with thai lady etc.Between the paper work you have to have a map pointing to where is your house.

It have been for ages this requirement

No. It's a requirement for extension based on marriage not for an extension based on retirement.

Any idea if this Google Maps thing will have to be done when applying for an extension of stay for a Non-Imm-B visa?

Do they do it now in your case ? If not most likely not

But I actually do hope they do it me, going to be some very confused immigration people if they stick my work place into Google maps :lol:

What about some of us who have children here without the correct visa, me being one of them? Yes, I know I should of done things properly, but due to unforeseen circumstances we both ended up on tourist visas, him on a visa exempt and me on a single entry, so please no lectures!

I am going to Laos on Monday to get a new Non-B visa along with my sons Non-O. Does anyone think I will have any problems getting him back into the country?

There is no reason why there would be any problem for him to enter that I can think of.

Sorry. I didn't make myself very clear. He is on overstay

Sent from my Z130 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The same kind of strict "need permit for this and that" visa systems were in place in western European countries in the 1970's. It was no good for anybody except for the army of useless government officials, stamping metric ton of permit papers every day. What makes you think this strict system is good for Thailand when it certainly was not good for western Europeans?!

Do you actually have a point your trying to make Timwin ?

• Like 2

I have to laugh at some of the frantic questions, like "will I need a map for this visa"; it takes around 10 minutes to draw so just do it and take it with - if they don't need it you won't be in trouble, I promise. biggrin.png

Sorry. I didn't make myself very clear. He is on overstay

Sent from my Z130 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I took that into consideration when I did my reply.

The overstay will not be a problem because if was not his decision to overstay. He is not old enough to make the decision on his own.

Sorry to go off at a slight tangent guys, and apologies if this has all been covered elsewhere, but here is my question.

I have a retirement extension from Chonburi (Jomtien) and currently report my address in Pattaya. I intend to move to Bangkok soon.

Where do I do my 90 day reporting in future? At the office that issued the visa extension or the nearest office to my new address?

I can cope with either situation, but don't want to make a long treck and then get 'bounced'.

All information/advice gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

You can do your 90 day report at any office BUT you need to advise the "new" Immigration Office of your change of address in a timely manner or they will fine you for failing to do so.

• Like 1

When you make an extension of stay being Retirement,Married with thai lady etc.Between the paper work you have to have a map pointing to where is your house.

It have been for ages this requirement

In 8 years of applying for extension of stays I have never been asked to show a picture of my property or a lease agreement or house book or even a map it sounds like every immigration office has its own interpretation to the rules

It depends on what your extension is based on, marriage, retirement, whatever.

How is this post a report on the crackdown on overstay ? NONE of the people going to immigration had overstay or am I missing something here ?

They were simply asked to indicate where they stayed which isn't new.

Not a single report of someone leaving with overstay and getting blacklisted for the said amount of time then ? blink.png

I will wait for the first actual overstay report before I believe the warnings.

Read the form in the OP

Is the penalty for an overstay from 0-3 months still 500B / day with a max penalty of 20,000B?

I am fine with these more pronounced penalties. If you can't follow the rules, truly, Thailand doesn't want you anyways. Its fair.

• Like 1

Is the penalty for an overstay from 0-3 months still 500B / day with a max penalty of 20,000B?

I am fine with these more pronounced penalties. If you can't follow the rules, truly, Thailand doesn't want you anyways. Its fair.

People are not 100% sure on that one yet. Best is to wait and see and do no overstay.

Sent from my iPad so Please excuse any typos

To obtain a Non-Imm "O" visa based on marriage, you've always had to provide a map of your house and photos of yourself and wife outside it, clearly showing the house number. Morons on this site do not read the post properly. LEGAL stay is allowed, OVERSTAY is not. How difficult is this to understand???

It's far too early to worry or speculate on the exact ramifications of the new rules.

In a different thread someone was suggesting an accident on the way to the airport could get you banned for 5 years because of one day overstay.

There is no sense whatsoever to start discussing the details of implementation, as Immigration probably hasn't got much more clue than we do.

Just try to remain within the rules as we understand them. There are very few valid reasons to overstay with exceptions, of course.

It's far too early to worry or speculate on the exact ramifications of the new rules.

In a different thread someone was suggesting an accident on the way to the airport could get you banned for 5 years because of one day overstay.

There is no sense whatsoever to start discussing the details of implementation, as Immigration probably hasn't got much more clue than we do.

Just try to remain within the rules as we understand them. There are very few valid reasons to overstay with exceptions, of course.

You'd probably be surprised how many long term posters on a travel forum I frequent consider it OK to overstay and actually advise newbies that it is all right to overstay their visa.

I want to extend tourist visa for 30 days in jomtien.

Wonder u have to sign new forms for it as well?

You certainly do. complete with a reason for extending your stay in Thailand and a 1900 baht fee. Its easy once you have the photos, the completed form and the copies of your passport.

I want to extend tourist visa for 30 days in jomtien.

Wonder u have to sign new forms for it as well?

Of course, all extensions of stay will have to sign.

Why do you think it's different for Tourist Visa's ?

I just came back from getting an extension of stay for retirement purposes. from the Sakon Nakhon office. I was asked to read the form mentioned and sign it. It was obviously a rushed job as the form was printed on the back of paper already used. I was not asked for a map or to show him where my house was on Google maps, but he did fill out an extra form that was all in Thai that I believe was stating my address. He also took a picture of me that went right into the computer. I don't remember that happening before.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Issangeorge

So what happens if you just overstay for 3 days, due to travel delays or some unforeseen circumstances? Can you still pay 1500 baht fine and re-enter?

Or is a 1 day, or 2 day overstay deemed as a major issue and results in a 1 year ban?

Good question. I have asked this question on other threads and forums, haven't had an answer yet, despite all smug guys saying stuff like íf you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Easy to imagine an emergency situation where you can't get that flight on a Sunday or a Friday, I see no appeals process, and nobody has seen fit to answer this matter either, if there was I can imagine that if there were you would find yourself in an immigration cell for at least a few days, if you didn't have any money (which would be another reason why some people are on over stay) even longer, no bail. So some people on overstay will be in constant dread of betrayal, not wishing to get a 5 or 10 year ban obviously, leaving their lady, home, children, animals, life style behind from one day to the next.

I am thinking that more crack downs are on their way and that a lot of hitherto smug people aren't going to like them very much.

Looking at the document: If I had 10 years overstay and I surrendered myself, I would be barred from entering for life. But if I i got apprehended with 10 years overstay then I would only get a 10 year ban? blink.png

That's what it looks like. So if you are over 10y of overstay, better to wait until you get caught blink.png

Looks like it's a product of one or only a few officers. A mistake like that should have caught someones eye.

My wife and I have 3 properties in Thailand.

One in Bangkok, one down the south and one in the north.

I am named on the documents of all 3.

We tend to move around, as I get bored easily.

How will this work for me?

Can I nominate all 3 for the purposes of the google mapping

Easy. The house where you stay the most, and where when Immigration comes to look for you you can be easily found ;)

And immigration will definitely need an address in the province you apply, so because (if) you apply in BKK, you need to provide the address in BKK

Edited by MJCM

Easy. The house where you stay the most, and where when Immigration comes to look for you you can be easily found wink.png

And immigration will definitely need an address in the province you apply, so because you apply in BKK, you need to provide the address in BKK

Wish it was so easy.

I do tend to stay 3 months at a time at one of the houses.

Think I'll need to get a lawyer on the case

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

So .. looks like they've started requiring more paperwork for retirement extensions. I saw that one coming.

The marriage extension is a bit of a hassle with all the paperwork, but luckily the papers needed don't change that often. I expect photos of the house, same day copies of bank books, etc come into the retirement regime as well.

Now it seems just a matter of time before they start cracking down on the schools used to get an ED visa. The army is putting on the squeeze.

@makkam

No, why??

In which immigration do you apply and in which immigration you do 90 day reports..

The address nearest to that office (same province though) should be the one

Ps: we have 2 houses in different provinces, we spend a lot of time in both houses, however I report to Pattaya immi and so every 3 months I have to be there, in the other house people know how to contact us incase immi is coming ;) but immi only has the address of the house in Patters

Edited by MJCM