First reports of new overstay crackdown

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How is this post a report on the crackdown on overstay ? NONE of the people going to immigration had overstay or am I missing something here ?

They were simply asked to indicate where they stayed which isn't new.

Not a single report of someone leaving with overstay and getting blacklisted for the said amount of time then ? blink.png

I will wait for the first actual overstay report before I believe the warnings.

• Like 2

When I did my 1st Marriage Extension, I gave them a detailed map I had drawn using Microsoft Publisher. Woman told me it was the best map she'd every seen. Couldn't do Google, as at the time, where I lived wasn't on Google. When I switched to Retirement, they never asked for it.

How is this post a report on the crackdown on overstay ? NONE of the people going to immigration had overstay or am I missing something here ?

They were simply asked to indicate where they stayed which isn't new.

Not a single report of someone leaving with overstay and getting blacklisted for the said amount of time then ? blink.png

I will wait for the first actual overstay report before I believe the warnings.

"How is this post a report on the crackdown on overstay ?

Since there is a form that (some) applicants for extensions are required to sign, it indicates that people are being given formal notice that the "crackdown" is not just a baseless rumor. Therefore, it's a report about the legitimacy of the things that have been considered speculation on social media recently.

Had it said "reports of people being deported in shackles" then we would have proof that it was being enforced and all the tinfoil hatters would be too busy packing their bags to make trollish posts.

According to the reports, this is the additional form individuals have to sign when applying for an extension of stay.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Looking at the document: If I had 10 years overstay and I surrendered myself, I would be barred from entering for life. But if I i got apprehended with 10 years overstay then I would only get a 10 year ban? blink.png

• Like 1

Sorry to go off at a slight tangent guys, and apologies if this has all been covered elsewhere, but here is my question.

I have a retirement extension from Chonburi (Jomtien) and currently report my address in Pattaya. I intend to move to Bangkok soon.

Where do I do my 90 day reporting in future? At the office that issued the visa extension or the nearest office to my new address?

I can cope with either situation, but don't want to make a long treck and then get 'bounced'.

All information/advice gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

So what happens if you just overstay for 3 days, due to travel delays or some unforeseen circumstances? Can you still pay 1500 baht fine and re-enter?

Or is a 1 day, or 2 day overstay deemed as a major issue and results in a 1 year ban?

What about some of us who have children here without the correct visa, me being one of them? Yes, I know I should of done things properly, but due to unforeseen circumstances we both ended up on tourist visas, him on a visa exempt and me on a single entry, so please no lectures!

I am going to Laos on Monday to get a new Non-B visa along with my sons Non-O. Does anyone think I will have any problems getting him back into the country?

• Like 1