Why No Dancing At The Blues Factory ?

Dave why don't you increase you drinks by 11% and keep the dance floor open. Most bars put there prices up just because its quite season.

A dance floor is a must with live music.

Its impossible as if we did have to pay that tax it would the monthly bills going up by over a million baht. I'd resent giving the bastards the money. :o

Putting my drinks up 11% would mean a beer would cost the customer 145bht and a Vodka 150bht which is too high. :D

If it would increase your monthly bills by over 1 million baht you must be buying nearly 10 million bahts worth of booze per month, which with your mark up of over 200 percent would then put your turnover at over 1 million baht per night.

Sorry i'm typing siht, It would push my monthly tax bills to over 100000bht a month. :D

the dance prohibition is a big drag as I had intended to visit dave's club my next visit to Pattaya...I had anticipated watching with delight the suggestive wiggling of scantily clad young wimmin while abusing myself under the table...

heh, heh... :D

Ah that explains it! Last time I was there I thought I kept hearing a knock at the door. :o

It's ALL about the money the BOYS in the run can make, kinda like the charge for having a biz sign in English. Pay the right people and you can do ANYTHING in this country. SAD

On the outside wall of the bar i had the logo painted on the black ground, about 3-4 metres long. The council measured it and said you have to pay tax on it. :D I said yes "for the lightboxes but that wall is mine" .. "No matter" they said..."ok" i said and we painted the wall black that afternoon. :o

It's ALL about the money the BOYS in the run can make, kinda like the charge for having a biz sign in English. Pay the right people and you can do ANYTHING in this country. SAD

On the outside wall of the bar i had the logo painted on the black ground, about 3-4 metres long. The council measured it and said you have to pay tax on it. :D I said yes "for the lightboxes but that wall is mine" .. "No matter" they said..."ok" i said and we painted the wall black that afternoon. :o

Considering how long you've been dealing with these pricks, you must have the patience of a saint!.

There is a sign-tax-law that specifies the tax payable on any publicly displayed logo or sign.

I have my comappny's name on a small wall INSIDE, the building's compound and did pay a fine of ~ Baht 10,000. Since during daytime the gates are open, the sign is in public.

Calculation for the tax is not the size of the sign but the size of the background. So if you put a logo on a wall, the size of the wall is considered, if you put the logo in a frame on the wall than the size of the frame is the basis for tax-evaluation.

Ever wondered why, e.g. Robinson's put a retangle around their company's logo?

No it does'nt. :o

As Noodles says its because of the law, Basically I did it because of the new inventory laws that were introduced, We were told that we were a Danceclub so we'd have to pay 11% tax on all purchased alcohol! This law was brought in to affect clubs like Hollywoods & Xcyte that sell whiskey etc by the bottle (100 pipers etc), of course by doing this the other alcoholic distributors etc are'nt selling other products like beer etc, The bar buys in Pipers etc at 220ishbht a bottle, sell it for 600-700bht ?? with mixers, make a nice profit easily, thats why the law was introduced.

I was visited by the Eastern Seaboard tax inspectors and tipped off that if we were seen to have a proper dancefloor then we could be liable for this. No problem IMO as we are not a danceclub.

Of course this does'nt stop people from making a spectacle of themselves by air guitaring around the tables.

To be honist if you have more room for people to sit, its better for me

As i have walked in and walked stright back out because i can’t find enough seats for the party im with.

So its a good thing.

Yes some times i do say good things, butI promiss not to make a habbit of it.

:D