Pizza

Jiimmy

Pizza Italy Pattaya!

https://www.google.it/maps/place/PIZZA+ITALY+RESTAURANT+AND+GUEST+HOUSE/@12.92823,100.88343,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x335a3a5257fa758c

post-37101-0-79322200-1411221629_thumb.j

Crust was delicious.

OK ... this version probably too many toppings.

Once cut the crust got soggy of course.

So order a more basic topping to fully experience the excellent crust.

Edited by Jingthing

Pizza Italy Pattaya!

https://www.google.it/maps/place/PIZZA+ITALY+RESTAURANT+AND+GUEST+HOUSE/@12.92823,100.88343,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x335a3a5257fa758c

attachicon.gifpizza.jpg

Crust was delicious.

OK ... this version probably too many toppings.

Once cut the crust got soggy of course.

So order a more basic topping to fully experience the excellent crust.

That's not italian style so why are they calling themselves pizza italy? Already false advertising. Also everytime I walk by that place it's always empty. Doesn't look like they are doing any delivery service either. At least I never see any delivery guys coming and going. Surprised they are still in business.

Edited by lapd

I agree all those toppings isn't really traditional for Italian pizza.

The crust on the other hand had good char and excellent flavor.

It was indeed a European style crust that an American could love ... not a cracker.

BTW, it is low season. I have seen it rather crowded before. I wouldn't judge by the crowd.

The particular pizza shown is kind of a gimmick item ... designed like the FLAG of Italy. I doubt it is typical for their pizzas in the massive toppings. The spinach was really tasty but like I said it's too much and the crust becomes soggy.

It really was one of the better tasting crusts I have had in Thailand.

Edited by Jingthing

I agree all those toppings isn't really traditional for Italian pizza.

The crust on the other hand had good char and excellent flavor.

It was indeed a European style crust that an American could love ... not a cracker.

BTW, it is low season. I have seen it rather crowded before. I wouldn't judge by the crowd.

Crust is the easy part. Most pizza places in Pattaya can do good crust. It's all about the cheese and tomato sauce. You gotta import that stuff if you want to make good pizza and most places don't. This place is an italian restaurant so maybe they do import it. I've never tried the place because it's always empty so there must be some reason for that.

I don't agree about crust. To me, the crust is the key to a good pizza.

BTW, this place does use a wood fire oven.

post-37101-0-35653800-1411233684_thumb.p

I haven't tried the wood fire oven place in front of the "Irish restaurant" at Royal Garden, 2nd road.

I don't like the touristy vibe there, but they may well have excellent pizza.

Any comments?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Lots and lots? I don't think so. coffee1.gif

To expand on that, these are the local places I know about that have wood fire pizza ovens:

Forno Pizza (at Dicey Reilley's 2nd road)

La Bocca Jomtien

Pizza Big Naklua

Pizza Italy

Hopf Brew House, Pattaya Beach Road

Please list others. Thank you.

Edited by Jingthing

Nice little covered outside pizza shop in soi arunothai open mon-sat 6pm to midnight,and also wood fired oven, owner french but you dont need to know that,very reasonably priced.

Locaton head towards sukhumvit road along pattaya klang at the traffic lights at bigC make a right into soi arunothai continue for 200 yards premises set back from road on the left hand side,downside is no parking area nearby so motorbike/baht taxi or leg power being the only option.biggrin.png

Been there a few times, great value for money, also the french onion soup is awesome.

• Like 1

I like the one on soi Dianna opposite Areca Lodge...something Diner or Diner something? and another on soi baukow on the corner soi going to The Avenue.

You must mean Volare.

There is this other place called Diner but not on soi Diana.

http://brooklyndinerpattaya.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d3948817-Reviews-Volare_Rest_cafe_friends-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Edited by Jingthing

To expand on that, these are the local places I know about that have wood fire pizza ovens:

La Bocca Jomtien

Pizza Big Naklua

Pizza Italy

Grottinos, Soi 33 off Pattaya Naklua Road (see my earlier post in the thread). Italian owner and probably a clincher for many will be that he ends the meal with a free glass of limoncello for customers. Currently my favourite Italian restaurant in Pattaya, better than Pizza Big by some margin for me.

• Like 1

I like the one on soi Dianna opposite Areca Lodge...something Diner or Diner something? and another on soi baukow on the corner soi going to The Avenue.

You must mean Volare.

There is this other place called Diner but not on soi Diana.

http://brooklyndinerpattaya.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d3948817-Reviews-Volare_Rest_cafe_friends-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Volare's correct...the other place is opposite Areca Lodge next to the Pharmacy on the corner of LK Metro. I was staying at Areca and grabbed a early morning snack on my way home one night.

La Bocca Jomtien

Pizza Big Naklua

Pizza Italy

I'm not going to walk around making notes of wood fired ovens...lol

All I know is in my travels walking around i see them all over the place. Must be some guy who goes around to all the pizza places selling them. I think Pizza Big was the first but everyone seems to have them now.

Just like the chicken shwarma places. First one popped on 2nd road near Pattaya Tai a few years back and now they are all over the place.

Edited by lapd

Me too, which is why I find most Italian style pizzas mediocre. However, I don't know even one American style pizza with really good crust, like is so common back home. A lot of places do decent sauce and toppings, but that is not what makes pizza so good.

Me too, which is why I find most Italian style pizzas mediocre. However, I don't know even one American style pizza with really good crust, like is so common back home. A lot of places do decent sauce and toppings, but that is not what makes pizza so good.
Next time you're in Pattaya try Pizza Italy. I expect you'll like the crust flavor.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nice little covered outside pizza shop in soi arunothai open mon-sat 6pm to midnight,and also wood fired oven, owner french but you dont need to know that,very reasonably priced.

Locaton head towards sukhumvit road along pattaya klang at the traffic lights at bigC make a right into soi arunothai continue for 200 yards premises set back from road on the left hand side,downside is no parking area nearby so motorbike/baht taxi or leg power being the only option.biggrin.png

Hi

It`s called simply " Pizza and Pasta", I have been going there from time to time for about a year.

Basic down to earth place, good pizzas, easily a selection of about 30 different topping combinations.

Somewhat limited with the range of pasta dishes but covers the basics.

The first time I ordered the lasagne there, at either 160 or 180 baht, was quite surprised what a large portion they managed to serve for that price.

I`d say the place is using quite good ingredients.

I do go to other Italian restaurants as well but must admit like this place.smile.png

I was thinking of the wrong place regarding "Pizza Italy". The place I was thinking of is on Buakow, Pizza Italy is a little hole in the wall place tucked in off Soi15ish off Buakow on a dead end Soi. Actually kind of hard to find. There are no signs on Buakow directing you into the Soi and you cannot see it from Buakow. Will give it a try. Will also try "Pizza and Pasta" on soi arunothai.

Edited by lapd

I was thinking of the wrong place regarding "Pizza Italy". The place I was thinking of is on Buakow, Pizza Italy is a little hole in the wall place tucked in off Soi15ish off Buakow on a dead end Soi. Actually kind of hard to find. There are no signs on Buakow directing you into the Soi and you cannot see it from Buakow. Will give it a try. Will also try "Pizza and Pasta" on soi arunothai.

Yes it is a weird location.

There is another access path now from the road running from the Avenue Mall to Soi Buakow. Turn left at the restaurant bar with the load girls ...

I've only been there twice.

First time had a soup and pasta.

The soup was pretty good and homemade.

I didn't think much of the pasta, a gnocchi w/ basil pesto.

But that time it was packed with Italians and most tables had pizza.

So the second time had pizza.

They have a full Italian menu but I know better places for not pizza.

I noticed also they were dealing with pizza takeaway orders.

Hint: PIZZA!

Edited by Jingthing

You are all right.

The secret for an unforgettable pizza stays inside the type of water(please never put beer)you use and how long you let the pizza grow before do it.

Yes......the Owen is important,but Is not vital for a good taste pizza.In Pattaya I find good pizza at "Al Porto" and LA Mimosa

• Like 1

You are all right.

The secret for an unforgettable pizza stays inside the type of water(please never put beer)you use and how long you let the pizza grow before do it.

Yes......the Owen is important,but Is not vital for a good taste pizza.In Pattaya I find good pizza at "Al Porto" and LA Mimosa

Obviously it isn't only the oven. Ingredients and cooking skill as well of course. The thing about the crust at Pizza Italy is not only did it have a pleasing char and texture, it had that certain pizza crust flavor that I find incredibly rare in Thailand. It's subjective. Perhaps some don't want any flavor from the crust.

Tried that "Pizza and Pasta" place on soi arunothai. It's that road that goes past Nurun Condo. It's an open air thai place. That can only mean one thing. Yup, flavorless cheese. I asked them where they got it and the guy said he got it from an Italian food distributor on the other side of sukhumvit. I asked if it's imported cheese and he said yes. So I suspect just being imported is not good enough. It needs to be the right type and the right quality. That must be why a lot of places like the good italian restaurants import their own cheese.

Good crust and sauce, flavorless cheese. So just like every other Thai pizza place in town I've tried. My advice is stick with Pizza Company or go to a good Italian restaurant if you want good cheese like I do. Thais don't seem to know what good cheese is supposed to taste like. Maybe that's one of the reasons they like to put that chili powder and ketchup and that chili oil on their pizzas. I find I like to do that too but only in Thailand and only because it helps to compensate for the missing flavor in the cheese.

Edited by lapd