Can a company have 2 addresses?

Hi,

I wonder if its possible for a company two have 2 registered offices without opening a branch for the second office? Just learned there are lots of extra paper works for opening a branch so if that's the only way i would stay with only one office. Eventually someone will have a work permit on the second address. Tried to Google but didn't find much info except for opening a branch. Opening a branch seems very much like opening up another company.

Must be other ways around, or?

It is technically possible to open a second office but without either registering it as a branch or as a new company you cannot have a work permit registered there. The company would also not be able to credit the rental payment as company expenses for the second location.

Opening a branch is less complicated than opening a second new company. Setting up a branch location would require would be similar to those used when you apply for the VAT of the Head office ( ie a letter of consent, lease agreement, landlord’s documents (ID card & house registration), house registration and title deed of the lease premises, maps and pictures.

Opening a second company would require all the same paperwork that you submitted opening the first plus you would also need to do two sets of accounting with two annual audits, two half yearly accounts etc.

If you would like to set up a free consultation with one of our legal experts in Bangkok to go over your options please feel free to send me a PM.

[sunbeltlegal][/sunbeltlegal]