Tell me about mentally ill foreigners

JesseFrank

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have just called up the guy and asked him about the remotes in a joking way and maybe he would say he just found them in his pant pockets and you can get them back from him. If not go to the shop you bought your equipment and buy some replacement remotes. Best not to get worked up about this as they are not remotes for hous security so the house is still secure.

• Like 1

JF, it's no fun to lose remotes, whatever the cause. My wife knocked one into bin without realizing it and another went through a washing machine cycle. Very frustrating, but nothing compared to what you've gone through recently. ND has been the cliche-master on this thread, but I think the one he left out, with all the stuff that's happened tou, is...it's always darkest just before it turns to shit.

Good luck in your quest, I really do hope things turn around for you.

• Like 1

JF, it's no fun to lose remotes, whatever the cause. My wife knocked one into bin without realizing it and another went through a washing machine cycle. Very frustrating, but nothing compared to what you've gone through recently. ND has been the cliche-master on this thread, but I think the one he left out, with all the stuff that's happened tou, is...it's always darkest just before it turns to shit.

Good luck in your quest, I really do hope things turn around for you.

.it's always darkest just before it turns to shit.

Thanks for the encouraging words, I really look forward to the future now

BGs used to do this and sell them to 2nd hand dealers so it looks like its catching on in the expat population who want to replace theirs

The strange thing is that they are unusable for anyone since they are hard-coded so tied to their specific receiver.

Here I thought I would get to participate in a discussion about what happens to mentally ill foreigners here in Thailand? How can they obtain assistance? How can someone seek help for a friend who they think is mentally ill, but refuses to seek aid? Can foreigners be declared mentally ill and institutionalized against their will? You know -- a reasoned and informative discussion on the forum topic, with the usual smattering of judgmental and snarky comments.

I thought the same at first. I thought, perhaps, I'd find some resources for my son.

But, it turns out that this thread is much more fun to read than that boring stuff. In this instance, I'm happy that it was not what it appeared to be at first glance. I needed some humor in my day. laugh.png

(I do hope you get your remotes back. I'm not a completely heartless lady, just one that enjoyed a good laugh at the comments.)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No it doesn't make my task of finding them any easier, especially since they aren't there to find , but it lightens up my heart a bit as it will cost me about 3K and a lot of work since one of the receivers is installed above the ceiling in a very difficult to reach location.

Jesse stop looking for them.

Just over a week ago I commented on a TV members photos and was surprised to learn he took them with a Lumix point and shoot camera, at that moment I reached onto the shelf to grab the Lumix point and shoot that I got for free and fixed but never got a charger for.

Guess what? Someone had stolen it, I don't care 1 jot about the camera as it might not even work when I manage to get a charger for it, and I have other cameras that are better than it anyway. However it was eating away at my soul, like a gang of Mexican hermaphrodite midgets poking me with cocktail sticks.

I had to let it go, a few beers more really helped with that.

If you fancy a beer I'm only a mile or so away from you I will shout you some beers in a bar somewhere.

I might be a bit late though as I have some ladders on the back of my bike, I do a lot of ceiling work and might have an outcall on my way there, should only take me 5 mins though............

I found my camera a week later hiding behind a box of painkillers.

• Like 1

maybe you should check your trash bin, maybe you throw them by accident.

I have a funny story about a thai friend. Few years ago this friend come to visit me, he live few kms near my place.

He was carrying a bag... full of garbage.

In fact when he left his home, he was carrying a bag with important document and another bag full of garbage.

When he reach the garbage bin, by accident he throw away the wrong plastic bag...... he throw the bag of document!

He was not insane, it was mostly due to anxiety, and personal life problems.

112 Replies

Hot!

Not bad for a lost remote control (OK two).

Jesse, you know we all feel for you really. Things like this are just so !@#$%^&*() annoying, even if they weren't stolen / hidden :(

• Like 1

To be perfectly honest after observing some of the care in the community cases and detritus who make their way to these shores having the remotes nicked by a westerner who was viewing your house is completely inside the realms of possibility.

Although I will admit to cursing myself blue after turning the house upside down for my British driving license when I wanted to apply for a Thai one and only coming across old 7-11 receipts etc in the drawer and not something as completely unimportant and nonessential as my bloody driver's license.

As an aside my best pal in Thailand sold his car to a fellow expat and a year after buying it the bloke phones my pal and asked that seeing as the tyres were wearing up would me friend like to contribute to buying a new set as part of some sort of goodwill gesture. Tore my mate of a strip when he said " No"

They're definitely out there.....

112 Replies

Hot!

Jesse, you know we all feel for you really. Things like this are just so !@#$%^&*() annoying, even if they weren't stolen / hidden sad.png

By now every square mm of the house has been searched. Every drawer and cabinet has been emptied twice and restocked. Every shirt and trouser in the closet has been taken out and checked the pockets twice.

Couches have been opened underside and checked, mattresses have been lifted out of the beds, I've even searched the loft and the garden-shed.

Anyone still thinks I'm paranoid or misplaced them ?

Those who do should have their head checked.

112 Replies

Hot!

Jesse, you know we all feel for you really. Things like this are just so !@#$%^&*() annoying, even if they weren't stolen / hidden sad.png

By now every square mm of the house has been searched. Every drawer and cabinet has been emptied twice and restocked. Every shirt and trouser in the closet has been taken out and checked the pockets twice.

Couches have been opened underside and checked, mattresses have been lifted out of the beds, I've even searched the loft and the garden-shed.

Did you check the back pocket of the trousers you're wearing?

Ok, I'm convinced now the weirdo stole them.

Can't you contact him? He must have phoned you or emailed you.

112 Replies

Hot!

So now that you are 100% sure they are not in the house and no one else could have taken them it's time for a phone call or visit to the visitor!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did you walk him outside? Bushes and shrubbery check. If he took them he threw them away somewhere. 99% positive he never would have taken them back to his place.

Oh, by the way.... he IS LOOKING FORWARD to you confronting him. He really wants to torture you further. Take my advice and don't do it.

'nuff said

~

Edited by 'nuff said

112 Replies

Hot!

Did you check the back pocket of the trousers you're wearing?

Ok, I'm convinced now the weirdo stole them.

Can't you contact him? He must have phoned you or emailed you.

Of course I can call him, but if he says he doesn't know about them what I'm gonna do, get a search warrant ?

Tie him up and ransack his house ?

This thread is not even remotely funny..

Would you believe that isn't supposed to be funny ?

In fact it is sad, very sad, that there exist people like this out there.

I think anyone (or most) people in here can relate to your situation. Your frustrations and everything. That said. in this case.. no one got hurt, no one got robbed (badly) or worse.

Anyone who dealt with mentally ill persons, either in family, as victims or maybe even suffering from issues themselves, knows this could have been much worse.

I sincerely hope, despite all your recent troubles, that someday you will be able to let it go and maybe even laugh a bit about the whole thing.

Edited by vento
  • Like 1

just phone him and tell him he must have forgotten to give the remotes back after you showed them to him as they are missing so could he please check his pockets. You are not accusing him of stealing them and it gives him the opportunity to give them back without guilt, either that or tell him you are going to have someone re arrange his face if they are not returned asap as your security cameras show him quite clearly removing them, sometimes a little bullsh*t goes a long way

Edited by seajae
  • Like 2

just phone him and tell him he must have forgotten to give the remotes back after you showed them to him as they are missing so could he please check his pockets. You are not accusing him of stealing them and it gives him the opportunity to give them back without guilt, either that or tell him you are going to have someone re arrange his face if they are not returned asap as your security cameras show him quite clearly removing them, sometimes a little bullsh*t goes a long way

A little BS does go a long way...

Except in this case the perp was there to tour the house with the prospect of buying it so the OP would have pointed out the CCTV cameras as a selling point. He didn't so there aren't any.

The loony wants the OP to call and say ANYTHING so he can play the maligned innocent. The units in question are long gone and prolly dumped within 100m of the house.

Confrontation is exactly what the loony wants. Don't do it.

'nuff said

~