Rape-Murder Suspect Exposes State Railway's Shortcomings

Lite Beer

According Mr Wanchais testimony, he took two amphetamine tablets at the train station in Nakhon Si Thammarat province before starting his shift, and took another tablet while was working onboard the train.

Mr Wanchai told police today that he first noticed the victim when he and three other employees were drinking beer together in car number 3. Mr. Wanchai said he was sexually aroused by the girl and plotted to rape her.

Where on earth do you get that conclusion that he was off duty?

From another article which indicated his shift had ended and he was drinking after his shift.

I was hopeful you could shed light on the nature of his job but I now see you are quite hung up on this.

He was the bloke who put out the bedding . either way he's an SRT employee on a train, drunk and high. I don't see much relevance to whether he's on duty or not.

If the SRT rules allow him to get drunk on a train "between" shifts I suggest they revisit this idea. Wouldn't he be expected to have a role during an accident? Or does that type of thing not extend to all employees?

Thanks for that information. I wondered if he was a conductor or cabin attendant with an active responsibility throughout the night since I had read one report which indicated he was off shift. Whether he was "on duty" or not would likely have some bearing on his right to consume alcohol.

The woman who sold him the drugs was domiciled immediately adjacent to the rail station and I would hazard a guess that a fair share of her customer base are employees of the railway. I don't think the SRT will be making any suggestion they intend to drug test all their employees because they would be working short staffed after the results are returned.

Cheers

first step would be: drug test for all personell and those positive, fired on the spot

rip the poor girl

Purely speculation but jobs that require long service hours, offer low wages, require a minimal skill set and are staffed by younger people most likely have a high percentage of meth users. The same is even true in the US.

From another article which indicated his shift had ended and he was drinking after his shift.

I was hopeful you could shed light on the nature of his job but I now see you are quite hung up on this.

Which "another article". Please enlighten me.
Providing you with enlightenment might be a more difficult task than you realize.

I recall reading it in one of the first news reports after his arrest. There are actually several threads on TV and some of those have slid into disuse--best to start there.

And godspeed, my young TV co-member.

Edited by ClutchClark

rape-murder Suspect?

------------------------

Yes, suspect.

Like it our not he has not yet been proven guilty and therefore until he is he must be a "suspect".

That's what it means to be, "presumed innocent until proven guilty".

Would you rather have it the other way?

As in "presumed guilty until proven innocent"?

who confessed to raping and murdering a girl on an overnight train