Why do young people with better opportunities relocate to Thailand?

^^ Samran, exactly. I can't find the link right now, but I believe PriceWaterhouseCoopers had started taking kids on straight from school and training them to Chartered Accountant level themselves. Times will change, they have to, because the firms aren't getting the skills they need.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in contact with appellate lawyers in the USA that earn $4-600 per hour. Lawyers are on both sides of any appeal case so that, when the case is decided, one of the clients paid at that rate only to lose in court but that's how it is played.

And that is relevant here because?

You get to post here about the people you know and how much they make; I posted here about the people I know and how much they make even when they screw up.

The people I was talking about are young people in Thailand - which is rather the point of the thread. Lawyers in America, not so much.

And I was talking about the better opportunities that the young people in Thailand are passing up as in the title of the thread.

Of course. Because loads of people spend years in pre-law and law school, then work their way up through the ranks of a law firm to the point where they can charge up 600 bucks an hour, then jack it in to move to Thailand.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Well you maybe know loads of people; I don't. When you know loads of people, people tend to let you know about them what they want you to know about them which is why I don;t pay much attention to observations which start with "I know someone/people who ..."

Everyone here knows people who are financially better-off and worse-off than themselves. Not really the point I guess. On the other hand, I've been rich, and I've been poor.

Rich is better, but it's not everything.

Depends on your values. The most challenging and rewarding thing I ever did was raise three children to adulthood. My profession was challenging and rewarding as well, but pales in comparison.

Oldest child is a PE, probably makes 3X what I ever made and he is only 29 yo. Middle child is an artist, struggles financially. Youngest is a brilliant young man interning at Intel and still in school.

You attend a university for a lot of reasons. It has never been a guaranteed path to happiness or wealth.

There used to be many other opportunities in residential construction in the US, but except for the electricians they now make crap for wage. But the other skilled trades are still very sturdy occupations and always will be. Challenging and rewarding work.

Again, thanks for all the civil responses. Gives me food for thought about something I was curious about.

• Like 1