I won't ride in Thai Shuttle vans anymore

flyingsaucersarereal

So I am in a shuttle van going from Pattaya to Bangkok and I paid for my ticket. During the course of my trip the taxi driver is constantly honking his horn slamming on his brakes and picking up new hitch-hikers we must have crammed 20 people in that van. If that wasn't bad enough the driver was weaving in and out of lanes totally recklessly. I can deal with a lot of things but the driving was bad even for Thailand norms. From now on I take private Taxis (who cares if it costs more) lesson learned.Has anyone else had a experience like this?

• Like 2

Just last week from Siam Reap to Bangkok, the driver was a maniac... Honestly a Maniac, if anyone overtook him, he. Basically chased them and tried to run them off the road, ,

He was a complete,nut job...

Driving here, or even being a passenger is terrifying , but the Thais take it in there stride.

Life is cheap here that's for sure..

• Like 1

I will be utilizing one of those vans today. I look at like an amusement park ride. Why tip-toe through life? After all we do reside in Thailand.

edited because I can

Edited by rucus7

I had a hell trip, cambodian border checkpoint (surin) back to surin bus station. Jammed packed with my bag on lap, must have been 20 or so in there, the driver would make stops & get out & talk to friends or checkpoint? with everyone uncomfortable, sweating,children crying, only about 1 hour but seemed like 6.

cheers S.S.bah.gif

Just last week from Siam Reap to Bangkok, the driver was a maniac... Honestly a Maniac, if anyone overtook him, he. Basically chased them and tried to run them off the road, ,

He was a complete,nut job...

Driving here, or even being a passenger is terrifying , but the Thais take it in there stride.

Life is cheap here that's for sure..

Before bandying those analytical terms such as nut job. Lets remember those that self medicate, occasionally drive somewhat more aggressively than the norm.

Edited by rucus7