Two female Thai students brutally killed at a flea market

webfact

@monkeycountry

You

I think you will find that many if not most muslims generally follow the "laws" of Islam, it is not just a splinter group - and even worse, unlike ordinary laws, many muslims follow those laws blindly, without even asking themselves why they do it. At least ordinary laws are open to debate and can be changed if the general populace does not agree with them. Try going into the local mosque and suggest changing some of Allahs rules, and see what happens smile.png

Me

My point was that those who use violence to further their warped views are not followers of mainstream Islam but splinter groups.

I think were we disagree is the definition of "splinter groups". As an example, when the mohammad cartoons were published some years ago, it was not just a splinter group that took to the streets all over the islamic world, burning cars and buildings and killing each other, or if it was indeed a splinter group, it was a very very large one.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jacky54: To quote you "Most of today's Muslims exercise a personal choice to interpret their holy book's call to arms according to their own moral preconceptions about justifiable violence". You then go on to say it's not bad people but ideology. Ideology, true enough manipulated by "bad people", mostly based upon sectarianism. Is not the real underlying reason for Muslim violence to try and gain political power for minority extremist groups or retain power in the case of Islamic dictatorships.

As you know there are many hadiths and verses in the Koran that talk to the paths to peace, the extremists and dictators choose to not follow, for self-serving reasons.

@monkeycountry

You

I think you will find that many if not most muslims generally follow the "laws" of Islam, it is not just a splinter group - and even worse, unlike ordinary laws, many muslims follow those laws blindly, without even asking themselves why they do it. At least ordinary laws are open to debate and can be changed if the general populace does not agree with them. Try going into the local mosque and suggest changing some of Allahs rules, and see what happens smile.png

Me

My point was that those who use violence to further their warped views are not followers of mainstream Islam but splinter groups.

I think were we disagree is the definition of "splinter groups". As an example, when the mohammad cartoons were published some years ago, it was not just a splinter group that took to the streets all over the islamic world, burning cars and buildings and killing each other, or if it was indeed a splinter group, it was a very very large one.

I would say it was a minority of muslims who took part in the more violent protests, but most were angered at this insult to their religion. That does not mean they will go out and murder people for some warped version of their religion.

1. Fortunately we, at least in the western world, became wiser over the past 500 years or so.

2. I was not aware the wars in Vietnam and Iraq were related to christianity, please enlighten me?

1. Tell that to the millions of families the Western world destroyed in the last 50 years, I'm pretty sure they will disagree.

2. I was not aware that the Thai seperatist movements attacks were related to islam, please enlighten me?

Avoiding answering by counter questioning or changing the subject is too childish for me. Lets just agree to disagree. If it makes you happy, we can even say you won the argument smile.png

@monkeycountry

You

Me

I would say it was a minority of muslims who took part in the more violent protests, but most were angered at this insult to their religion. That does not mean they will go out and murder people for some warped version of their religion.

True, but still quite a bit more than just a splinter group, and unlike your average splinter group, it happened in many muslims countries simultaneously. Further I would say millions of muslims support those "few" that do go out and murder people who have offended their religion.

I'm glad they worked out the suspects' motives without any kind of investigation.

Because no-one ever gets killed in Thailand over domestic or business disputes, do they?

rolleyes.gif

No, I do not think 2 innocent schoolgirls have ever been killed outside their home over a domestic or business dispute in Thailand. If it has indeed happened, I bet it is an extremely rare occurence. On the other hand, innocent schoolgirls killed in the name of Islam happens daily in this world. Check out Nigeria if in doubt.

You have a slightly different definition of "schoolgirls" to the one I use.

The two victims were identified as Ms Sutheera Petchan, 29, a native of Songkhla and Ms Kulradee Petmark, 21

But hey, don't let little things like facts get in the way of your judgmental tirade.

Edited by Chicog

4re these two women Muslim or Thai?

Oh, and not every Muslim is a terrorist.

You are correct that not every Muslim is a terrorist. But I think it is safe to say that the majority of terrorists in recent times are Muslim.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

The first thing you do in any murder investigation is look for EVIDENCE, and a motive for killing those particular victims in a busy market.

Why not an old lady and a schoolboy?

Or a somtam vendor?

Otherwise anyone could pretty well settle any dispute in the South by killing someone, safe in the knowledge that it would automatically be blamed on "separatists" without a single shred of evidence to prove it.

Added: Although translation of this Thai report paints a different picture:

"Wednesday, 07/09/57 .. (Savage! Bandits under heavy fire killed two young students, Yaha district, Yala)."

Edited by Rimmer
graphic content removed

@monkeycountry

You

Me

True, but still quite a bit more than just a splinter group, and unlike your average splinter group, it happened in many muslims countries simultaneously. Further I would say millions of muslims support those "few" that do go out and murder people who have offended their religion.

And I would disagree.

I've pointed this out before and will post again, about Malay-Muslims and the Perfect Religion Syndrome:

http://dinmerican.wordpress.com/2010/09/17/malay-muslims-and-the-perfect-religion-syndrome/

"[Malay-Muslims] feel that their religion is the best...non-Muslims are kafir and therefore the sworn enemies of Islam. Malays also feel that it is their jihad, or solemn responsibility, to protect Islam at all costs. Everyone who is not Muslim is suspect and especially so if they are non-Malays. I think this sums up pretty much how Malays generally feel in this country."

Applies just as well to Malay-Muslims of S Thailand and many I've met from places like Pakistan and India. Sure there are nice people anywhere but strange that they get so much sympathy when, as a whole, they do seem to tolerate terrorists/extremists in their community.

There is no compulsion in religion (Quran 2:256)

Christ! On a thread about two young women murdered by Islamic terrorists, with have an apologist quoting the Koran at us. How low can you get?

This isn't Islamic

It's so Islamic. To anyone who hasn't got his head buried in the sand, that is.

Oh, and not every Muslim is a terrorist.

Right, right. Try showing these non-terrorist Muslims a cartoon of Mohammed and see the reaction

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Poor you. Can you see who is a muslim and who not when you are walking on the street in Bangkok? What do you do when you know someone is a muslim? Torture him or run away, are you scared?

Do you have some perverted feelings, perhaps tingles, when you show a muslim a cartoon of their Holy Prophet? Or do you enjoy to provoke people.

How about them showing you a cartoon of your naked mother? Perhaps you would like that too.

You are some weirdo, calling 2.000.000.000(two billion) people in the World terrorists. Why don't you go live in Myanmar instead? They're likeminded.

You don't quite understand rhetorical statements, do you?

I'm not sure how you managed to draw a parallel between cartoons of Mohammed and cartoons of my naked mother, but I guess that's just the way your mind works.

Now try to understand dear boy, if a Muslim shows me a cartoon of my naked mother (how he drew it is anyone's guess!), I'd laugh and look upon him as the retard he is. If I show a cartoon of Mohammed to a Muslim, he'll try to kill me. See the difference?

Edited by H1w4yR1da
  • Like 1

I'm glad they worked out the suspects' motives without any kind of investigation.

Because no-one ever gets killed in Thailand over domestic or business disputes, do they?

rolleyes.gif

No, I do not think 2 innocent schoolgirls have ever been killed outside their home over a domestic or business dispute in Thailand. If it has indeed happened, I bet it is an extremely rare occurence. On the other hand, innocent schoolgirls killed in the name of Islam happens daily in this world. Check out Nigeria if in doubt.

You have a slightly different definition of "schoolgirls" to the one I use.

The two victims were identified as Ms Sutheera Petchan, 29, a native of Songkhla and Ms Kulradee Petmark, 21

But hey, don't let little things like facts get in the way of your judgmental tirade.

The headline says:

"Two female Thai students brutally killed at a flea market"

The first couple of lines say they are college students. To me that is school girls - those girls (and boys) who usually run around in school uniforms. But yes, maybe we have different definitions, not sure why that matters anyway.

And I would disagree.

And you are of course entitled to disagree, one of the most important milestones of modern society smile.png

]I'm no apologist. I'm an aetheist. I just find mindless religious bigotry from all sides as being the real cancer in society.

For me, the real cancer in society are the ones who defend the indefensible under the guise of tolerance, multiculturalism and diversity while slamming anyone who dares to criticise Muslims as bigots, racists and fascists. All designed by the left to silence any debate on Islamic terror. Take a look at the UK. Appeasement brought them 7/7, Lee Rigby, various child grooming outrages and Arjem Choudry.

True (well no nonsense really) but sometimes the one accused of bigotry is a bigot. Now there's a thought.

Avoiding answering by counter questioning or changing the subject is too childish for me. Lets just agree to disagree. If it makes you happy, we can even say you won the argument smile.png

It's not about winning an argument, it's the hypocritical statements being made about billions of people without any knowledge but prejudices you've learned by your western media, which is at the same time a supporter of killing millions of those same people they claim to be terrorists, what bothers me. I couldn't digest that horrible ignorance.

I wish people were all peaceful and left each other alone but sadly might and money blinds people.

The headline says:

The first couple of lines say they are college students. To me that is school girls - those girls (and boys) who usually run around in school uniforms. But yes, maybe we have different definitions, not sure why that matters anyway.

Yes, so they're not schoolgirls are they, they're adults.

It matters because adults are more likely to be involved in domestic or business disputes than schoolkids, which was the point you jumped on when you made your initial ill-informed remark, because you hadn't even bothered reading the article before you started shouting "MUSLIM TERRORISTS" at everyone.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Chicog

The headline says:

It matters because adults are more likely to be involved in domestic or business disputes than schoolkids, which was the point you jumped on when you made your initial ill-informed remark, because you hadn't even bothered reading the article before you started shouting "MUSLIM TERRORISTS" at everyone.

rolleyes.gif

So the images of 9/11, the murder of Lee Rigby, the kidnapping of young school girls in Nigeria, the blowing up of various embassies around the world ( just to name a very few ) - these are not real then ? All these are conspiracy stories made up by the government and Media just to let us believe that we have Muslim Terrorists trying to kill us ?

Really ?

The headline says:

rolleyes.gif

As you said yourself, we have different definitions of school girls. To me a schoolgirl is a girl who goes to school, to you it seems to be a girl of a certain age.

As for the rest, you seem to know an awful low about me, what I read, don't read etc. good for you smile.png

It's not about winning an argument, it's the hypocritical statements being made about billions of people without any knowledge but prejudices you've learned by your western media, which is at the same time a supporter of killing millions of those same people they claim to be terrorists, what bothers me. I couldn't digest that horrible ignorance.

I wish people were all peaceful and left each other alone but sadly might and money blinds people.

So the images of 9/11, the murder of Lee Rigby, the kidnapping of young school girls in Nigeria, the blowing up of various embassies around the world ( just to name a very few ) - these are not real then ? All these are conspiracy stories made up by the government and Media just to let us believe that we have Muslim Terrorists trying to kill us ?

Really ?

• Like 1

Really ?

You forgot 7/7 in London, plus maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany more, but you and I know this stuff, the excuser who have not been affected is in my opinion a shit head. Sorry..

Edited by transam

The headline says:

rolleyes.gif

Really ?

Sorry, but why on earth are you rambling off topic?

I specifically refered to these two adult homicide victims in a country where domestic and business disputes are often settled with firearms.

And pointed out that pointing the finger at Muslim separatists without a shred of evidence is premature, no matter if it might be the more plausible outcome.

Whatever makes you automatically link this to Lee Rigby, Nigerian schoolgirls or embassy bombings has absolutely no relation to what I am discussing, so kindly get off your high horse and stick to my comments, not some imaginary ones you read in your head.

You forgot 7/7 in London, plus maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany more, but you and I know this stuff, the excuser who have not been affected is in my opinion a shit head. Sorry..

It's people like you that shouted "Muslims!" when they heard about the Oklahoma bombing.

I am more than aware of muslim terrorist bombings, given that I live in the Arab World.

It's people like you that shouted "Muslims!" when they heard about the Oklahoma bombing.

I am more than aware of muslim terrorist bombings, given that I live in the Arab World.

Tell me about the Oklahoma bombing. So not me, I know nothing of the details, please tell...?

The headline says:

rolleyes.gif

Really ?

Sorry, but why on earth are you rambling off topic?

I specifically refered to these two adult homicide victims in a country where domestic and business disputes are often settled with firearms.

And pointed out that pointing the finger at Muslim separatists without a shred of evidence is premature, no matter if it might be the more plausible outcome.

Whatever makes you automatically link this to Lee Rigby, Nigerian schoolgirls or embassy bombings has absolutely no relation to what I am discussing, so kindly get off your high horse and stick to my comments, not some imaginary ones you read in your head.

Chicog,

I apologize - I replied to the wrong post.... Not sure how that happened, but it did. I was trying to reply to another poster.

We can battle later !

The invention of "true - personal" god is to blame for all these political discords, uprisings, killings, murders based on religious beliefs. It was the biggest scam of all time. All religious peoples are fanatics to some degree with no tolerance for any other except their own. How misguided those peoples are, who are brain washed from birth.

The old good Sun god could unite, not divide. Now obviously this doesn't make sense at all. Education of cosmic evolution, biology, zoology, genetics, animal evolution, separation of all religions from state official affairs is the only road to peace, common understanding and cooperation.

It will happen one day, when people start using their brain to logically separate tales of dogmas from reality of truth and logic of science.

Who would have guessed :-)

But you are right. Technically it could be a business dispute where two school women (hope that expression is ok?) were shot in the head at a local market for all their shady after school business dealings. It could also be that the shooters deliberately used the MO of the muslim terrorists, to divert blame, instead of using the usual method in business disputes and kill them in some field or dark alley or similar where noone sees it and noone will ever find out.

In fact, thinking about it, I think the 7000 or so murders down south over the past 10 years have nothing to do with the muslim terrorists, they just have a whole lot of business disputes in the south :-)