SRT governor sacked

Lite Beer

He should have been sacked a long time ago, he's absolutely useless.

Well done NCPO.

Chicog, you are usually spot on with your commentary so I wish you would provide your insight for your statement above.

I have read that he was a capable leader. Besides, he only held the position for a year so how could he have been sacked a long time ago?

Was his record over the year brilliant ?? look at the railways, for god sake if he was that good (who told you he was good ??? why have they had bad publicity over this period ???

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done NCPO.

Chicog, you are usually spot on with your commentary so I wish you would provide your insight for your statement above.

I have read that he was a capable leader. Besides, he only held the position for a year so how could he have been sacked a long time ago?

Was his record over the year brilliant ?? look at the railways, for god sake if he was that good (who told you he was good ??? why have they had bad publicity over this period ???

Show me something negative that started in the past year with the SRT. Everything wrong with the SRT has been that way for decades.

He held the position for one year. Negative headlines this year focused on derailments. The subject has even been brought up by Chicog. Do you understand how chronic derailments occur? It is the result of many years of neglect, i.e. Failing to perform proper inspection and maintenance.

In this past year, the line from BKK to CM was out of service for 2 months while they performed track maintenance.

Perhaps alot of people with limited experience of Railways don't understand that fixing rails is not a quick process. First you have to locate the problem areas, identify the reason they are a problem, coordinate materials such as rail, ties, fasteners, ballast (bridges take even more time) and you have to coordinate work trains, plan for the slowest season so loss of ticket revenue will be least, etc, etc..

Everything with railroads takes time and look at the number of rail lines in Thailand.

Again, he was in office for one year and there was progress during that year . Track maintenance is just one of his many responsibilities. Only one.

But he is canned. Now everyone can feel that everything is right in the world again. The next CEO looks to be competent--and his arrival portends that the SRT will soon become a privately operated corporation in much the same way as the Thailand Post has been the past decade.

Anyway, I sure hope that the new method of dealing with negligence within Thai organizations is not to just start getting rid of leadership because they will be going through candidates every week . Thailand is one huge accident waiting to happen. Scratch that--Thailand is one huge accident happening all the time. Negligence is systemic to this culture.

Edited by ClutchClark

Well done NCPO.

He held the position for one year. Do you understand how chronic derailments occur? It is the result of many years of neglect, i.e. Failing to perform proper inspection and maintenance.

In this past year, the line from BKK to CM was out of service for 2 months while they performed track maintenance.

Perhaps alot of people with limited experience of Railways don't understand that it fixing rails is not a quick process. First you have to locate the problem areas, identify the reason they are a problem, coordinate materials such as rail, ties, fasteners, ballast (bridges take even more time) and you have to coordinate work trains, plan for the slowest season so loss of ticket revenue will be least, etc, etc..

Everything with railroads takes time and look at the number of rail lines in Thailand.

Again, he was in office for one year and there was progress during that year .

But he is canned. Now everyone can feel that everything is right in the world again. The next CEO looks to be competent--and his arrival portends that the SRT will soon become a privately operated corporation in much the same way as the Thailand Post has been the past decade.

Anyway, I sure hope that the new method of dealing with negligence within Thai organizations is not to just start getting rid of leadership because they will be going through candidates every week . Thailand is one huge accident waiting to happen. Scratch that--Thailand id one huge accident happening all the time. Negligence is systemic to this culture.

So we take it back 3 years, how many checks were made to the lines in this period ??? if little why ?? If the said government did checks why then were the repairs not carried out ??? you are forgetting the points made out of his non action over the term. The blunders he made, He was not the top man for the job, he was the same as the rest of the selected ministers etc, water, rice, tablets---these are the persons that ran Thailands ministries.

Not forgetting the memorable P.M. who had a hand in appointing these persons. Says a lot for her knowledge of running a good ship. Her ship was the Titanic.

Something bad happens down the line, the top guy falls on his sword. As it should be.

This wouldn't have happened before the coup. No matter how high you are, if you screw up, you will be held responsible. Well done!

Except he refused to fall on his sword. The General had to provide the 'exit permit'! Good riddance.

• Like 1

Something bad happens down the line, the top guy falls on his sword. As it should be.

This wouldn't have happened before the coup. No matter how high you are, if you screw up, you will be held responsible. Well done!

Except he refused to fall on his sword. The General had to provide the 'exit permit'! Good riddance.

Aren't they all falling under the same umbrella ??? as stated before, water-education-defense-rail-highways-policing-scams/tourism/corruption/law and order. we could go on forever, my point being they were all as good as the government governed. bleeding useless.

Oh yes, the noble falling on ones sword.

Please do show me all the examples of someone in Western Culture that fell on their sword.

Aren't they all falling under the same umbrella ??? as stated before, water-education-defense-rail-highways-policing-scams/tourism/corruption/law and order. we could go on forever, my point being they were all as good as the government governed. bleeding useless.

The irony of your statement is that he was just replaced by someone equally as "useless"--or as you call them "another of the selected ministers". Only this new one climbed the ranks of another gargantuan Thai 100-year old Institution--The Thailand PostOffice.

So what did you just accomplish? Nothing. Except that the less affluent Thai can all be told that a cleansing has taken place and now the SRT is "good as new" and safe to travel.

Cheers

Edited by ClutchClark
  • Like 1

Please do show me all the examples of someone in Western Culture that fell on their sword.

Your agenda to defend useless officials, why do it. He got big money to do his job correctly, it was not voluntary. my last post shows you how good they all were. Have a good day.

Your agenda to defend useless officials, why do it. He got big money to do his job correctly, it was not voluntary. my last post shows you how good they all were. Have a good day.

I am not defending useless officials. I am pointing out all the flaws in your logic.

This guy is gone. He was replaced by someone just like him.

There was nothing gained.

You were duped.

Cheers

The irony of your statement is that he was just replaced by someone equally as "useless"--or as you call them "another of the selected ministers". Only this new one climbed the ranks of another gargantuan Thai 100-year old Institution--The Thailand PostOffice.

So what did you just accomplish? Nothing. Except that the less affluent Thai can all be told that a cleansing has taken place and now the SRT is "good as new" and safe to travel.

Cheers

Give the new guy a year, and see how useless he is. if so I will bash him. Why call him useless-he has only just took office ?? is it sour grapes as the PTP are demolished ?? or what is your problem.

I am not defending useless officials. I am pointing out all the flaws in your logic.

This guy is gone. He was replaced by someone just like him.

There was nothing gained.

You were duped.

Cheers

Quote. "he was replaced by someone like him.".....show me --give me reasons why he is the same.?? how do you know ???

Quote." flaws in MY logic" ?? how come ??? I said if he was not up to the job--as in near all PTP appointments. Then out.

I was duped ??? you said the other one had no time to do anything about bad rail service over the years and he had a year. NOW you are saying after days we have a similar guy in the job meaning he is as bad as the last one you defended. This guy has yet to prove himself.

Now where is your logic.