Olympics: Four arrested in Slovenia over Vanessa Mae scam

roamer

Mister toad,

I do not understand your comment about me not speaking English.

I speak and write English.

With an E, not an e.

But I am not a native, if that is what you mean, but what's your point?

Oh, and there is nothing wrong with having a dream - mia noi.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mister toad,

With an E, not an e.

I am still preplexed from your original post. I have no idea what point you were trying to make, if it was a flame it was a crap effort.

As for grammar, keyboard probs.

Off you go and eat cheese.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mister toad,

With an E, not an e.

I am still preplexed from your original post. I have no idea what point you were trying to make, if it was a flame it was a crap effort.

I have no doubts that you speak more languages than me.

I have no doubts that you speak them perfectly, unlike me.

I am however willing to learn from the grammar police.

Even if it might be slightly off topic.

Back to topic.

You defend that woman by stating that she might not have been aware of the corruption that went on in her fafour.

You describe her qualities.

You are preplexed (your word) that I jokingly conclude that she is your dream woman.

Have a singha. (get it?)

Mister toad,

With an E, not an e.

I have no doubts that you speak more languages than me.

I have no doubts that you speak them perfectly, unlike me.

I am however willing to learn from the grammar police.

Even if it might be slightly off topic.

Back to topic.

You defend that woman by stating that she might not have been aware of the corruption that went on in her fafour.

You describe her qualities.

You are preplexed (your word) that I jokingly conclude that she is your dream woman.

Have a singha. (get it?)

No, i don't get it.

I have absolutley no.idea about the rest of the drivel you have written, or personally care.

Enjoy your evening.

As for Singha, ta will give it a miss.

RC, that video got me drooling again, lol. Took me back 18 years ago, Colston Hall, Bristol.

Notice she has no "Bristols" wink.png

Amazing. I wondered if someone would arrive on the thread with the necessary high class, tact, discretion and respect to finally bring up this crucial point.

What are you, 13 years old? First time in the pub, son?

I guess everybody is entitled to your opinion but, others are not entitled to their perceptions of reality.

An attempt to disparage someone just reflects on the person who carries it out.

No, I am not 13. Just not desperate as most drooling netizens here are. I pointed out the obvious.

She looks skanky in that picture. As far as her questionable talent. She is a pop-ish fiddle player dabbling in classical to impress those who lack proper couth or never have (or cannot) enjoy an Itzhak Perelman, David Oistrach or Heifetz, all of whom I saw and enjoyed live rather up close.

Her version of classical music amounts to quick and short pop-ish classical for lightweights. That is how she has made millions. No wonder there.

On that last paragraph I am completely in agreement... a post with some content. The puerile titty-bum humour of much of the crew on Thaivisa gets rather tiresome.

RC, that video got me drooling again, lol. Took me back 18 years ago, Colston Hall, Bristol.

Notice she has no "Bristols" wink.png

Amazing. I wondered if someone would arrive on the thread with the necessary high class, tact, discretion and respect to finally bring up this crucial point.

What are you, 13 years old? First time in the pub, son?

I guess everybody is entitled to your opinion but, others are not entitled to their perceptions of reality.

An attempt to disparage someone just reflects on the person who carries it out.

No, I am not 13. Just not desperate as most drooling netizens here are. I pointed out the obvious.

She looks skanky in that picture. As far as her questionable talent. She is a pop-ish fiddle player dabbling in classical to impress those who lack proper couth or never have (or cannot) enjoy an Itzhak Perelman, David Oistrach or Heifetz, all of whom I saw and enjoyed live rather up close.

Her version of classical music amounts to quick and short pop-ish classical for lightweights. That is how she has made millions. No wonder there.

On that last paragraph I am completely in agreement... excellent, a post with some thought and content. The puerile titty-bum humour of much of the crew on Thaivisa gets rather tiresome.

Heh, I remember the olympic thread, I was with a couple other posters quite doubtful about the way she managed to qualify (finishing dead last 15s behind a bunch of teenagers in the slovenian national junior championship, nothing fishy there) while pretty much everybody was applauding her for her fair and square qualification and showing great olympic spirit... Not really.

There's no way she wasn't in the loop with this scam. As suspected it was just a rich girl's whim.

Maybe they should try to do a DNA test as well? She looks a bit katoy-ish on those pictures :

Vanessa+Mae+Jaeger+LeCoultre+Party+Arriv

Vanessa-Mae_3070006.jpg?20140120153144

• Like 2

Ha Ha Ha. After viewing her results. I said this was the case when I read she had met the FIS Olympic standard.

No surprise here. The surprise is that anything was done about it. The junta seems to be having a profound effect. thumbsup.gif

And yes I posted this on TV. whistling.gif

its not a sports venue, its a money maker for all involved

There is a lot of money involved with putting on a world class sporting event, but the corruption level of the Winter Olympics is far below what some folks assume. I can think of several other sporting events with much more comparative corruption.

2 years before the Sochi Olympics, I had met two world class athletes. They were best friends, and were young attractive American women from Oregon, about 20 years old. One had competed against and beaten world class slalom racers. The reason she wasn't on the US Olympic team was she had a spill which injured her knee and wasn't in top form for try-outs. When I met her she had healed. The other girl was a top knotch speed skater, but perhaps not world class.

I was asked the girls, half-jokingly, if they wanted to compete for Thailand. They said they were open. I contacted a high-up Thai sports official. He hemmed and hawed, but wound up not staying in contact with me on that topic. Opportunity lost.

It's not uncommon for countries to use athletes from other countries to compete for their side. Danes, English, Americans, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanese (used a Korean to win a marathon) and many other countries do it. Why not Thailand? Even the Dominican Republic once used an American on their wrestling team.

She's an english citizen with Thai origin by her father.

Just hope she didn't know that her results were manipulated in her back !

Because if she's convicted of being a comparse of this fraud, her name should be stained.

In all cases, the prejudice isn't big because she don't get any awards or medals she could lose !

I hate to say it, but there is no way she didn't know about it. I also wonder about the other Thai who competed. He comes from money as well with his father walking with the team in the opening ceremony as well. Since when do parents or people not on the olympic team allowed to participate in the opening ceremony?

• Like 1

she fiddled her nationality to get a place when she would never get near qualifying in England so why the surprise she would fiddle a few results? if she had honour she would not have pressured Thailand to include her in her 'lost cause' or should I say 'ego cause'

Do you seriously think she has been the only one in sport that has done that? Flags of convenince dear boy. At least shes not responsible for over 2500 extra judicial killings unlike your hero.

typical toad brings in 'extra judicial killings' into a thread about a violinist, pathetic!

• Like 1

Because if she's convicted of being a comparse of this fraud, her name should be stained.

In all cases, the prejudice isn't big because she don't get any awards or medals she could lose !

I hate to say it, but there is no way she didn't know about it. I also wonder about the other Thai who competed. He comes from money as well with his father walking with the team in the opening ceremony as well. Since when do parents or people not on the olympic team allowed to participate in the opening ceremony?

The other Thai had been training for races 5 years ago and started racing through FIS since 03/01/2012. His father is one on his coaches, the other being ex-French national ski team. While Vanessa had her manager and her husband walking in the parade of the opening ceremony.

she fiddled her nationality to get a place when she would never get near qualifying in England so why the surprise she would fiddle a few results? if she had honour she would not have pressured Thailand to include her in her 'lost cause' or should I say 'ego cause'

Do you seriously think she has been the only one in sport that has done that? Flags of convenince dear boy. At least shes not responsible for over 2500 extra judicial killings unlike your hero.

typical toad brings in 'extra judicial killings' into a thread about a violinist, pathetic!

No its just normally your MO. Enjoy Merchant.

British citizen, England is not a country

What is somewhat mind boggling is the fact that Thailand entered the ski contest in the first place there is hardly an abundance of snow hereabouts let alone ski slopes and ardent Thai ski experts.

One is led to wonder whether she had certain parts sticking out like ''chapel hat pegs'' with all that cold air?whistling.gif

Edited by siampolee

British citizen, England is not a country

It was the last time I looked! Great britain is made up of Northern Ireland, Wales, England and Scotland.