Bt10.3 billion allocated to tackle drug abuse

Lite Beer

more money down the toilet, i dont know the answer but all i see is billions being spent by MANY Countrys for at the end of it ......NOTHING .......as drug use in EVERY COUNTRY is increasing

There are not many “drug dependent” users; most users are recreational, the majority of users have no drug addiction their intent is the same as in drinking alcohol to have fun. Like alcohol trying to stop it is impossible, governments are not stupid they know it.

Drugs are an enormous income generating business for governments, they earn tax free cash from sales, the tax revenues funneled into suppressing drug crime provide the drug enforcement complex their jobs, and they generate revenue and provide jobs through the court and prison systems.

All governments’ tax revenues are skimmed by the connected, 10.3 billion is a nice target of opportunity the more revenue streams they have pouring in the more opportunities they have.

The drug laws were not created help or protect, it’s a product, a service, a business that makes money, and it’s a win/win for government money and control. The governments are not going to lose the drug complex cash cow, nothing is going to change.

There are bugger-all "non-dependent recreational" heroin users, and I daresay yaba users....and several other addictive drugs.

As for the rest of your post.....did you forget to put your tinfoil hat on today?

I see from your remarks you are a refined individual, a person of breading and sophistication, someone invested in education and information, I’m sorry I’m being sarcastic.

I recognize most good people can’t imagine that governments would try to manipulate people in a bad way but history proves it is done. I’m sure you have heard of the opium wars fought between Great Britain and China, there are many more examples throughout world history of these manipulations by governments for profits and control.

I think you find it’s easier to classify me a tinfoil hat rather than actually spend the hours to get educated and then mentally deal with the reality that the research reveals.

Your very trusting to have an opinion that there is no drug corruption in government but personally I believe that is a flawed assumption and I don’t share that conclusion.

PS The vast majority of drug users are recreational users, they use drugs like you use beer and they are not interested in heroin or yaba. Heroin and yaba users have a disease they are not the same.

IT IS BETTER THAN DOING NOTHING! Thailand has many problems , not just street drugs ! Alcohol is a major issue out there . Also meth amphetamine is a chronic abuse in Thailand .. It ruins peoples life , if the the young can be court early enough and the correct course of action taken , then all well and good! It is better for someone to go to a drug clinic then to a Thai prison .. There is a temple not far from bkk that has 97% success rate . The inmates for want of a better expression have one chance and one chance only to detox and once the monks have finished with the person they are clean.. The only thing that really is of concern is there is no follow up! Which should be the next step, helping people understand their illness and preventing the person from sliding back into drugs again , should be a priority ! Addiction is an illness and before anyone comments with their bile! If you have never had an addiction or never had a friend/member of your family in such a situation then you would not know what you are talking about , so don't bother ! Thailand is like any other caring country , trying at least! Better than nothing!