Have Sunk A Bore, Need a Filter Badly!

DavoTheGun

I have sunk a bore in Issan, the water if reasonably clear but has a smell need a Sand Filter or Ceramic, I think just for general use washing etc, later will install a RO Filter for Drinking,

Does any body know of a Company in the Buriram Area who can help with this problem.\\

On a different topic when you buy Turps in Bottle or Can it is only half full! What is that all about?

On a different topic when you buy Turps in Bottle or Can it is only half full! What is that all about?

Solvents expand and vapor pressure increases when they get hot, so a full can or bottle may see enough pressure to burst if it gets warm.  Like in the tropical sun.

hi if its a new bore hole i would just let it settle for a bit, i only have the non return valve filter at the bottom of our pipes, i know im not in issan, but i think it will settle down, and start to run clear,

give it a try, youll still need your filter if going to drink, mind you ive drunk mine when ive been at the pigs and hot, never done me any harm,

how deep did you have to go?

i was at 18 mts or so till they hit the 3rd water,

did they stop at the first water they hit? if so youll have to watch that you dont run dry in the dry season, thats why i was told to keep them drilling till they hit 3rd water,

jake

• Like 1

I think you likely just need to let it settle for a couple of days, and then the water should be better.

After they dug our bore, they initially let dirty muddy water just flow out onto the ground for ages, and then afterwards they said we still couldn't use the water for another couple of days after they'd finished, as they need to let it all settle.

Alternatively of course, it could be an actual problem with the water, but I'd say it's likely just that boring into the the water has created the smell etc, and a little time will likely do wonders for it.

There's a Dutch guy called Reubens that has a business in Satuk. Very friendly and knowledgeable. He's got everything you will ever need. If you want more details please pm me. Edited by watso63
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Too bad I read this topic a little late.

but, "the Dutch guy" in Satuk, thats me. (Ruben)

Thanks  watso 63 for your kind words,,,,

I together with my wife have experience in waterfiltration in the province of Buriram since 2006.

Since that time among others we installed with our foundation "HOAT" at more than 10 schools  in the area drinking water systems and in the following line of those activities we started our business a couple of  years ago.

Our business is called H2O and as said we are located in Satuk, 40 km. north of Buriram city.

DavoTheGun allready visted us in our showroom where we discussed his well problem and enjoyed a nice cup of coffee,

For everyone else who might be interested to have a talk about any water related issue (wells, village water, purification, whole house systems, drinking water,rain water harvesting etc.) please feel free to contact me.

We also can help you with swimmingpool and spa filteration systems and chemicals .

It's not my intention to promote us here in this way,,,, but it might be helpful to others.....smile.png