A brutal attack and praise for the efficiency of the Samui police force

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear, such a sad incident. I hope Jack will recover fully and lead a good and meaningful life.

Full moon was mentioned but it appears this incident happened on Samui, not Phangan...? Chaweng?

I lived on Phuket when it was beautiful, and left soon after it was ruined.

Samui same.

Now I feel very much at home in Nakhon Nowhere and still enjoy Bangkok and all the other provincial capitals whenever I want to.

Sometimes it really does seem like tourism ruins everything.

I wish the unfortunate chap a quick recovery.

• Like 2

I had the pleasure of meeting an Aussie rules football team (East Perth) in Chaweng beach about 6 years ago. They I mean some striped off and preceded to hassle any female including my wife. I asked my wife to move seats when this arrogant 20sh boy came over and asked me did I have a problem and if I did lets go outside. I pointed out that maybe I was old enough to be his father and maybe he was a brave man with all his mates around as they were all watching. I would not have liked to have been in my twenties as I would not been able to talk myself out this bad situation and you could feel these guys were just waiting to rock. It was by the way a full moon party week on Kho Phangan .

Get well Jack and I hope your star will shine bright for you again soon.

I hope the young man will get well soon , the point I wish to raise was that the incident happened on Koh Samui and with that in mind has nothing to do with the full moon party as that is held on the next island some 40 minutes boat ride. Sadly in the world we live in there seems to be total disregard for others and thugs will go out of there way to cause trouble no matter where you live on the world I am glad that the police have managed to arrest the two who carried out this attack however as in all parts of Thai

And and the rest of the world money talks whether it be by paying back handlers or lawyers I hope for your sons sake these two thugs get there just rewards and spend time in the newel built prison on the island.

I took the liberty to forward the news link to Cornell and Purdue admissions.

Maybe they will reconsider admitting Mr. Chang and Mr. Wang. Your additional emails may help.

[email protected]

[email protected]

Crap loads of Chinese students at Purdue so I would assume lots of Wang's and Chang's. I know some people at my former University if I had the full name of the one who is going there I would throw up a red flag.

Almost sounds like a knuckle duster or bottle was used. Its far from normal to get this degree of damage from a fist.

Agreed. Sounds like a knuckle duster from the description in the complete article. Nasty. The lad sounds as if he has the strength to put this behind him

Difficult to avoid "Trouble spots" at that age, which is anywhere in the early hours with a multitude of people with 8 to 10 hours drinking in them . Can happen to you at any age , I'm sure he'll be fine , he's had a result if he cannot remember anything

I agree with mihalis but holiday resorts no matter where get lager louts visiting and spoiling.

I can remember when Rhodes/Greece was a pardadise and young Brits couldn't afford to go but were causing pure havock in Spain.

Parts of Bali are everybit as dangerous as the Costa Del Sol once was.

Nowaday yobs have so much money they can just about go to any place in the world

Edited by Tanlic

Alcohol, drugs and testosterone are a volatile mix.

Likely to be the problem but then again those who committed the assault actually have no balls at all! sad.png

You wish.......Try telling the poor guy who was attacked that.

They got too much balls, don't give a hoot about anyone, are most likely extremely vicious and that is a problem victims face everyday

Edited by Tanlic
  • Like 1

Regrettably, young guns fly to an exotic island to let their hair down and release all their stress and frustrations at Home but let their guard down when they have a few too many beers.

Number 1 rule in a foreign county and at home:

Trust no one and watch your back!

Thankfully, Jack shall recover but l doubt he'll ever forget or even wish to return to Paradise.

What a shame!

As for the cowards who struck and fleed, they will get their just deserts sooner or later: it's called Karma!!

Jack from Downunder!

That last post from Axact is offensive and disgraceful. Only an xxxxx would make such speculative and unfounded slurs on a victim of crime and his innocent father !
It matters not how affluent the victim or his family may be! What matters is that no one deserves to be attacked whilst trying to have a good time in Paradise!
Shame on you!!

Edited by Rooo
flame removed
  • Like 1