China seeks visa-free privilege for its tourists to Thailand

webfact

The Chinese tourists coming to Thailand are the new middle income earners. They are no better off than European low end tourists in monetary terms. The ones with serious money are travelling to France, Germany and when they can get a visa the UK. Today there are 5 flight just to Shanghai from CDG. A lot of 2 and 3 star hotels in BKK now depend on the Chinese trade.

I know they can be noisy and rude but travelling abroad is new experience for them.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the Chinese tourists I see are on a whistle-stop tour and the only benefit are local transport and hotels that have no doubt been agreed at a very special low price. They arrive late at night, leave early in the morning spending very little.

The free visa on the other hand is something that I would very interested in, naturally in the interests of equality for all.

this will end in tears ....thai tears, the huge mass of low end chinese that basically are not welcomed by many countrys (no manners, cheapness and basically rude ignorant people) will just flood here

Not much difference from the hoardes of low life Farangs who have come here in the last two decades

Wrong, the low class Chinese "tourist" is a lot, lot worse. Its true that they have zero manners, when they eat together its like some crazy tea party, and they love to shout. Most of them appear uneducated, at least the low life farang have been to school.

this will end in tears ....thai tears, the huge mass of low end chinese that basically are not welcomed by many countrys (no manners, cheapness and basically rude ignorant people) will just flood here

Sorry to say that that's the class of Chinese that have invaded Pattaya already.....and your saying it will get worse, yes?

I think wifey and I will move up country full-time!

As Thailand is looking for new friends, and new income, so is China looking for new alliances within ASEAN. China is already including Laos and Myanmar in its sphere of influence and would love to add Thailand to that list.

Now, what's going to happen to Thailand after 20-30 million Chinese come to the country, especially as it tries to get rid of visa-runners, that's up to anyone's imagination, but for sure it will not be a pretty picture. At a minimum, think Maldives, for every extra Chinese tourist they got, they lost 2 tourists of other nationalities. At a maximum, think about 10 million Chinese overstaying visas and residing illegally in the country. The Chinese are not like other tourists. Traveling away from home means "escape" to them.

Some nasty, racist stuff here. It seems to have escaped the bigots' attention that Chinese Thais make up a substantial portion of the population and are the engine of the Thai economy.

They tend to be sophisticated and cultured - and, in deference to those among you who have an eye for the ladies, mixed blood Chinese/Thai women are the most intelligent, beautiful and sexy. I know because I am married to one.

Most of the low life I come across in Thailand are beer-bellied falang bar flies whose manners and general behavior make those of the average Chinese peasant look polished by comparison.

People in glass houses. . .