Bhumjaithai party proposes death penalty for vote buying and selling

webfact

That's nevin's party, the most corrupt of all political parties, whoes the only purpose is getting into ministries and being bribed to switch sides. For joining the abhisit government they were paid up to 50mln per head.

And they had to lock them together into hotel rooms without mobile phones, because Pojaman, wanted to pay them more and they knew themself that when she buy a few out of it the others don't get anything.

Please elaborate. Don't know what Pojaman has to do with it. They were bribed by the coup makers and the Dems. Or do you really think Pojman bribed them so that they can join a government of the Dems?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

not been here at this time?

In the night before the event they had to give their mobile phones away and had to stay together in one room, as the PTP (Pojama) tried to bribe some of them back. With some going back all would have collapsed and the other wouldn't got any money. Actually the complete group was bought years before from Thaksin......

Since decades MPs and parties sell their votes. They need the money for the next vote buying. All do it, just Thaksin had way more money than the others are the Democrats are pretty poor.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the general consensus from all scribes here at TV is that this party is full of B/S , I am inclined to agree, I think as in any country a politician found vote buying rigging an election , the seat is declared vacant, the person concerned drummed out for good and taken to court on corruption charges any member of the public found doing this is automatically charged with corruption and band from a political party for life, end of story. coffee1.gif

One way or another, all five political parties have been buying votes for years -- some used polulist parties, some pandered to elitism, and some just bought off the village chief. This is not a colored problem, this is a Thai problem.

Please, BJT, can you tell us about the new effective trick you have found out to ensure cheepish voting in the areas you control with an iron fist? You woudn't throw away the tools you successfully used for quite some years without having new and better ones ready, would you? Will be nice anyways for PTP to hear that kind of stuff coming from its traditional ally and coalition partner, while it is going under in the dire straits we know... Ouch! Another family of rats jumping off the S.S.Thaksin ship, so it seems, not a good sign for the Shins, IMO. Anything we need to know about? Like the two 'befriended' leading sharks Thaksin and Newin having a, new, fight, BJT wanting to hide for the thunderstorm going to hit PTP, BJT going to court DP soon, or...? When BJT could really be a national (not regional) party, it could IMO be worse, and even more corrupt, than PTP/TRT/PPP...

Absolutely. He is poking fun at some of the ridiculous and rather ludicrous "kiss ass" suggestions that came flying out after the junta assumed power. Notably from the EC and Khun Jaran. They say some of most the bewildering things.

Seems many believe that the side they picked is righteous. You only forgot to mention dj-lame-ee and his brigade of four that try (hilariously) to label any criticism of the news, and any criticism of the junta as having worn "red tinted spectacles" and being "red apologists" and choking on "ear medicine" and being "Dubai caddies"/

Blah. Drivel.

cheesy.gif

Well prepare for a mass execution of most politicians.

"and voters' (this will reduce the population in one foul swoop)

The worrying thing is that it was proposed by an MP and it demonstrates the majority have a lesser / lower IQ than a gnat.

Cheap and tacky advertisement for a corrupt party. Like Thaksin, always trying to weazle their way into the news to hope they're not forgotten about.

passifier.gif me me me me me me me me passifier.gif

Edited by Cuchulainn

In certain countries votes are invalid, if less than xx% of the total electorate went voting. Would assume that if above is applied then Thailand deals with some one digit percentage of eligible voters which might invalidate the exercise.

Why not sell lottery tickets at, say THB 500 a piece. Depending on Goddess Fortuna Khun Somsak becomes Prime Minister while Khun Daeng will no longer sell noodles but head the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Equally stupid but definitely more entertaining, considering Khun Yai from the hill tribes will be heading the Ministry of Education and Khun Sakchai the ever growing Ministry of Inactive Posts!

On a side note, why do they spell the party's name with a B? is pronounced "P".

The phoenetic spelling of many thai words is a complete mystery. The English spelling of the name of Bangkok Intl airport plus even the correct full name of he-whom-we-must-not-mention are there to confound anyone trying to learn to correctly pronounce them and few of us can read & pronounce Thai script.anyway.

The problem with many laws in Thailand is that they are not thought through, but just knee jerk reactions by incompetent politicians to a given problem. No research will be done before implementing a law, and no research will be done after it has been implemented.

He is right though, the death penalty will likely stop vote buying, so by that logic I propose the death penalty is also introduced for shoplifting, littering and driving a bike without a helmet.

Good move. In medieaval England, hanging was the penalty for pick-pocketing, & attempted suicide. Life was cheap in them days!

"Bhumjaithai party has proposed that buying and selling votes should get death sentence"

Did they also suggest if Mr Suthep will name an unelected citizens group, or perhaps the prestigious National Anti-Corruption Commission to determine the guilty parties?

"Bhumjaithai party has proposed that buying and selling votes should get death sentence"

Did they also suggest if Mr Suthep will name an unelected citizens group, or perhaps the prestigious National Anti-Corruption Commission to

determine the guilty parties?

I'd prefer if the happy people of Thailand focus more on the death penalty for elephant poachers.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/07/11/world/asia/india-crying-elephant/index.html

Actually, it was the populist policies that bought the votes.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So it worked the same way it does in most democracies. The idea that there can be something criminal or morally wrong with being brought to power as a result of so called populist policies just underlines how undeveloped Thailand is politically. How do they think it works?

In any event, it will be tough going forward with expected decentralization and back to coalition governments. I do expect (and hope) several political parties form upcountry. That will be the seeds to democracy.

What is your view?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Bhumjaithai is lead by Newin Chidchob, who is currently banned from politics due to vote-buying.

So basically, this MP is suggesting that his own boss should receive the death penalty and be executed.

cheesy.gif

Well Shannon . The facts are that Newin is no longer banned . Thai law states a five year ban and that was completed more than a year ago.

cheesy.gif

Well prepare for a mass execution of most politicians.

I wonder is they can extend this policy to the United States and Britain, then it would get my vote.

Although this all sounds extreme, I suppose this would be one sure way to keep out all the corrupt politicians and stop Governments from buying their way into power.

On a side note, why do they spell the party's name with a B? is pronounced "P".

Transliteration of Thai into English is a very flexible thing. There are 5 'k' sounding letters in the Thai alphabet and only one 'g' sound, yet the ministry in charge wants that 'g' sounding letter to be spelled with a 'k'. Chakrapong Road (near Khao San Road) is spelled three different ways, on the street signs, along its less than ten block length. Sri Nakharin is spelled five different ways along its route and there are many other examples. In another thread on this forum is a story of the brothers of the second richest man in Thailand and they each spell their family name differently. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/742652-thai-brothers-emerge-as-billionaires-with-cp-group-stakes/

The Thai language has no words ending in the 'l' sound yet they use the 'l' at the end of many Thai names when, in actuality, they are pronounced with a final 'n' sound. (In Thai, only the initial 'l' is pronounced 'l' and all following 'l' are pronounced as 'n') The King of Thailand's name is a good example of that. Bhumibol Adulyadej is pronounced 'Pumiphon Adunyadet' http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Bhumibol_Adulyadej.ogg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhumibol_Adulyadej

To more directly answer your question on the 'p' and 'b' sounds, there is a Thai letter that is a combination of 'p' and 'b'. The Thai word for 'fish' is 'pbla' and Ms Yingluck's nickname is 'Pbuu'. Both are generally transliterated to 'pla' and 'Puu' as most non-Thai speakers have difficulty with the 'pb' sound. Again, to use the King of Thailand's name, it begins with a Thai letter that always sounds like 'p' but when they transliterate it, it becomes 'b'. Why do they do this? 'TiT'; 'This is Thailand', they don't do things here like they do back home. Remembering to say/think, 'TiT' will help with acceptance of the Thai way when

'understanding' is not possible.

Edited by rametindallas

There is a simple solution to this problem.

If anyone is caught buying votes they should be convicted, fined and banned from ever holding any elected office in future.

If someone is caught selling their vote then remove their right to vote for some period of time like 10 years.