Easier to get to Sukhumvit from Don Mueang or Suvarnubhumi

I will fly from Isaan next week to Bangkok and I am wondering which airport I should fly to.

My question is from which airport is it easier and quicker to get to Sukhumvit at around 3pm on a week day.

I am happy to either travel by train or taxi but would prefer train to Sukhumvit if possible.

Any helpful replies are much needed and appreciated.

Swampy is probably easier because you have the airport link. Swampy to makkasan then change to MRT then onto Sukhimvhit.

From DMK, you could take a taxi to Mo Chit (BTS)or Chatuchak (MRT).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Recycled from : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/741355-to-the-bangkok-forum-travel-from-suwarnaphoon-to-sukhumvit-are/ ('Cause I hate typing)

From Swampy (BKK)

If I'm not carrying luggage, it's the Airport Rail Link to Makkasan Station. The city line (35 baht) runs more often, but the Express line (90 baht) is faster, less crowded and a lot more comfortable. At Makkassan, follow the signs, walk downstairs to the MRT (subway) and get on a train headed toward Hua Lamphong (not toward Bang Sue). First stop is Sukhumvit (exchange station with Asoke BTS). Get off and follow the signs and go upstairs to the BTS (elevated train). Get on a train headed toward Mor Chit (not toward Bearing). First stop is Nana.

Probably takes longer than a taxi, but not as white knuckle as a ride with a bad driver (most are pretty good, but occasionally...)

With luggage, suck it up and just take a taxi. Too many flights of stairs and way too much walking between stations by rail. Taxi will be about 300 baht including tolls and airport's 50 baht.

Just made the trip last night- though I'm only close to Nana. Took rail to the airport to meet someone, and a taxi back with my friend who had luggage. No issues in either direction.

Edit: After about 11:00 PM, the rail option dries up. You may get to Makkassan, then not get down to the MRT in time to catch the last run around midnight.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1