Survey shows Thai's mental health is in good shape

webfact

" The outcomes are likely to be used as a guide for national development."

This must be the whole point of the report.

My wife, who is a woman and..from the central part of Thailand, could be entitled for the national development scheme to be implemented by the coup leaders. I'm thinking this will occur after they finish turning Bangkok streets into square blocks.

As this may take some time, I think I'll have to print this out to keep in my wallet so that I can show her these results every 2 weeks to point out that she is wrong again to trust our 3 year old son to pick the winning lottery numbers.

Wait... Isn't Yingluck Shinawatra a woman from the central region of Thailand and the coup leaders are men from Bangkok? clever.

Edited by Head Snake

"Thailand’s mental health appears to be in robust condition, receiving 33.16 points which is considered excellent."

33.16 points based upon exactly what? Something created in a Thai university, and surveyed ONLY on people seemingly well dressed?

My thoughts also.

What are they using as a base line for healthy and non healthy.

The baseline is the crazy farangs on here. Everyone else looks i good mental health compared to them. Just have a read of some of the crazy rants on here. Some people have real issues. Never seen an Thais as bad as some of the worst people on here. On another post some foreigner is calling Bangkok Bank racist because they won't lend him money. Crazy. What are these people on?

You seem to be having a little rant yourself

Perhaps they can share their secrets for good mental health with some of the crazy farangs on here. biggrin.png

How about,don't take yaa ba,don't drink lao kao, don't shoot someone if he toots his horn at you, stop being insulted so easily,stop believing in the power of amulets, stop believing in ghosts,take responsibility for your own actions,stop blaming everybody else for your bad situation,support your wife and children,face up to difficulties instead of running away from them,things like that you mean.

“When defined by gender and area, Thai) men tend to have slightly better mental health than women. . . "

Could this be, one wonders, because Thai men are cheat on by their wives marginally less than their wives cheat on them?. I ask because a Durex survey named Thai men as the most unfaithful lovers IN THE WORLD. But don’t waste any sympathy on their wives and girl friends. Because Thai women come second in the cheating stakes only to the insatiable nymphos of Nigeria. Even if cheating doesn’t cause Thais any mental angst, I imagine being cheated on must.. But why let a little detail like reality spoil the fantasy conclusions of this utterly meaningless survey that seems to have overlooked a few relevant indicators of the true state of the nation's psychological health. Like. . . Thais are the fourth biggest drinkers in world. (What’s that about drowning one’s sorrows?). Thai men rape at the official rate of 87 times a day. (So there’s nothing wrong with a rapist’s mindset?) Deaths on Thailand’s roads are five times as high as the UK, with a comparable population. (Obviously never heard of road rage here). This partly explains why. . . Thailand is the most dangerous holiday destination for British visitors, many of whom have been raped, mugged and murdered. (With a murder rate five times that of the UK, Thailand seems to have its fair share of psychos). Animal abuse is “widespread” according to WickiPedia, and including elephants “tortured” for tourists. (Hands up all those who think it is “normal” to ill-treat animals?) Oh, almost forgot. If Thailand's massive drugs problem is not an indicator of a nation in danger of going off its head, why is the government lashing out billions of baht to clamp down on abuse?. Honestly. . . !
  • Like 1