Residence Certificate

mystic1

Does anyone have the latest info on obtaining a "Residence Certificate" at Chiang Mai Immigration???

The last time I was there, I saw they were taking the applications around the back of the building and someone told me it was free.?.?.?

I've always paid 500THB in the past.....

If I remember correctly I needed the following;

The application itself ( does anyone have a link for a downloadable application ?)

Copies of my passport,non-immigrant visa stamp, etc..... from passport.

Copy of a rental / lease contract where I'm living.

Photographs ( how many and what size I don't remember)

What am I missing ??? Is it necessary to get a Que number or make an appointment ???

the mystic1 in a quandry

Here in pattaya i recall the residence cert officer sits in a side room with only 2 desks,all you do is wait at the doorway until the office is clear,no queue # was required.

The documents you have listed are correct,as for the passport pics only 1 is used but if you go to a photographer you will get 4 anyway for 100 baht or so maybe a little more in your region.as for the fee involved was at the time 200 baht or so.

This may have been amended as i havent required one for about 7 years.

But anyway just go along to your immo office with the nescessary docs and enquire as to whether # is required.

I have found that the desk clerk is very helpful ty thailand.w00t.gif .

Edited by Brit_Doggie

OP, Read the relevant thread. it is up-to-date about the location if you wish to do this personally. You do not need to make an apointment. Read the pinned thread about the documents and procedures. it is all there.

Edited by Mapguy
  • Like 2

Here in pattaya i recall the residence cert officer sits in a side room with only 2 desks,all you do is wait at the doorway until the office is clear,no queue # was required.

The documents you have listed are correct,as for the passport pics only 1 is used but if you go to a photographer you will get 4 anyway for 100 baht or so maybe a little more in your region.as for the fee involved was at the time 200 baht or so.

This may have been amended as i havent required one for about 7 years.

But anyway just go along to your immo office with the nescessary docs and enquire as to whether # is required.

I have found that the desk clerk is very helpful ty thailand.w00t.gif .

Seven years ago? Pattaya? Is this helpful to someone today in Chiang Mai?

• Like 1

Yes it could be helpful to someone unsure in another region, hence i recall,and yes i do have a good memory and would not presume myself to attack other posters comments who are only trying to help.

And your post was extremly helpful wasn't it not Mapguy Amen.tongue.png

Edited by Brit_Doggie

Yes it could be helpful to someone unsure in another region, hence i recall,and yes i do have a good memory and would not presume myself to attack other posters comments who are only trying to help.

And your post was extremly helpful wasn't it MapGuy Amen.

Apologies. No personal attack intended or made. The concern was that people can be misled by the kindest of people. Procedures change from time to time, and seven years is a long time! Also, procedures and all the details of where and how to do things do change from place to place.

Fortunately, in Chiang Mai, we have very recent information available and a lot of discussion about where the appropriate office is (It has changed recently), price and procedures, so I referred OP there. To repeat all that would really be redundant and possibly confusing or inaccurate.

Taking a look again, I think I may have made one error in a rush. Without looking, I don't think that there actually is a pinned thread, but the information is in recent threads, even illustrated with pictures !!

Be well!

Edited by Mapguy

Mapguy no problem but i did point out it was pattaya and for the OP to ask at the helpdesk.

I see no reason why things would be changed in any region for such a straightforward document.

As you know this document is used for opening bank account/buying motorbike blah blah

so many more of these are issued i should imagine more so than visa extensions, but hey i could be wrong again lol,