Native IPv6 ?

nullx8

does anyone have some sort of experiences about getting native IPv6 connections in thailand ?

Native stands for physically routed ip6 networks to your endpoint!

i read quite a number of messages from TOT .. claiming they do have ..

but there is no offer .. nor does the callcenter know anything about it (no suprise there)

anyone have better experiences or something worth sharing ?

Check if Hurricane Electric have endpoints in Thailand (he.net i think)

IPv6 however is mostly only used for edge and backbone equipment - i've not heard of any consumer endpoints "just yet"...

My personal view is. whoever invented IPv6 should be shot in the face, they are an absolute ballache to remember :(

TOT Fiber Modem Blocks Google/Open DNS
Started by angryfarang, 2013-08-05 12:17

Posted by gosompoi

Posted 2013-08-06 14:34:46
Okay I have TOT fiber at two locations and I have fiber transceivers not modems which go directly into my routers. [...]
Posted 2013-08-09 16:59:41
Update,
TOT Just updated the routers for my area two days ago to support IPv6 and now the DHCP is supplying authoritative DNS with DNS masking. But I was still able to ignore their authoritative by using static/manual static IP settings on our main incoming routers wan settings.
I would not have noticed their equipment swap except they made a gateway setting error which took one of our networks down temporarily. In diagnosing the error and correcting wan IP settings manually I noticed all my routers and computers were getting IPv6 information populated from the new upstream TOT equipment.
I had TOT FTTx installed two months ago. IPV4 over PPPoE support only. I'm just happy they didn't force Carrier Grade NAT on me as they seem to be doing with some of the new aDSL circuits. w00t.gif

No native ipv6 in Thailand, just like several other countries (including my home country).

However He.net tunnel broker ipv6 works like charm with my True online.

I get better pings to several locations using ipv6 tunnel.

However, most of the internet don't have ipv6 so it only useful if you have vps / dedicated server with ipv6 and you want to utilize he.net's superior routing via ipv6.

true ... i do run a he tunnel via Singapore .. and i do agree, the routing is alot better that it is straight out via v4.

my own infrastructure runns completly on ipv6 as there are some more advantages besides the facts of having public Ip's on ALL hardware in my home which pretty much eliminates all the nat and routing problems.

also ip based security is already worth using v6.

but yes you right .. besides of google, facebook and yahoo ... there is not so much to get use from.

unless you seed a debian torrent, then things look alot different wink.png

post-10896-0-93810000-1405492025_thumb.p

true ... i do run a he tunnel via Singapore .. and i do agree, the routing is alot better that it is straight out via v4.

my own infrastructure runns completly on ipv6 as there are some more advantages besides the facts of having public Ip's on ALL hardware in my home which pretty much eliminates all the nat and routing problems.

also ip based security is already worth using v6.

but yes you right .. besides of google, facebook and yahoo ... there is not so much to get use from.

unless you seed a debian torrent, then things look alot different wink.png

Can you elaborate advantages of having ipv6 in each device? When using 6in4 tunnel, is there any real world advantages of no NAT? Perhaps sip/voip?

Can you elaborate advantages of having ipv6 in each device? When using 6in4 tunnel, is there any real world advantages of no NAT? Perhaps sip/voip?

tunnel or not makes very little difference in this matters ..

the only thing you gain with native ipv6 is latency.

the tunnel'ed ip's are just as public as the native routed ones are.

you mentioned one key word already "SIP" ... Nat operates protocoll based. so everything using tcp/udp may work fine on a transalted envoiment. but the router also has a job in translating the entries and make sure they reach the destination (specially this start to produce problems if you require 2 way communication via the same socket)

thats why services like skype use temporary tunnels to establish the voice communication .. to bypass the nat problems.

the security implementation is that you can base authentication on a assigned IP more clearly .. and even disallow the connection if there is somethings between ..

i for example have on the production servers a set of v6Ip's in combination with my rsa keys.

so even you get my key ... its impossible to get on the machine .. unless you are using my computer .. since the ip is assigned just to one physical device.

a router doing adress translation is defently somethings in between.

also most commercial hardware just sucks in doing this things (everyone know the rituals of unplug/plug routers/modems for the very same reasons).

• 1 year later...

Archived