Extension of Visa exemption

Hi guys, been trying to scroll the websites finding updated information regarding the visa situation. Maybe someone can advise me of the following. I have an Italian friend here in Thailand with a 30 day tourist visa exemption stamp. Can he extend this in Thailand? Reading some information i think he may be able to increase by 7 or 10 days at any immigration but i'm not sure if this is still the case. Alternatively is he still able to leave the country and get a tourist visa in a neighbouring country? What documents are needed? Advice would be appreciated.

Maximum he can get is an extra 7 days to leave the country. (Sometimes proof of onward travel is required, but haven't seen reports in a long time they asked for that).

A tourist vis would be available in a neighbouring country. No special docments required, besides passport and pass photo. But a ticket out of Thailand after 60 or 90 days might help.

Maximum he can get is an extra 7 days to leave the country. (Sometimes proof of onward travel is required, but haven't seen reports in a long time they asked for that).

A tourist vis would be available in a neighbouring country. No special docments required, besides passport and pass photo. But a ticket out of Thailand after 60 or 90 days might help.

Yes i thought so. Thanks for the confirmation