Know Any Cattery, Kennel Or Other Cat-boarding Place In Bangkok?

Hi there!

I'm coming to Bangkok in late August (I've got a 2 year teaching contract) and I'm bringing my cat. So far so good. I've got somewhere to stay for a week myself when I arrive, while I'm looking for a flat to move into - but the problem is that the place I'm going to be put up won't take cats.

I urgently need to find a vet or animal shelter that will take my cat for a week or so, while I'm flat hunting, because I definitely can't bring the cat to the hotel with me.

PLEASE help?

::bats eyelashes hopefully::

Hi there!

I'm coming to Bangkok in late August (I've got a 2 year teaching contract) and I'm bringing my cat. So far so good. I've got somewhere to stay for a week myself when I arrive, while I'm looking for a flat to move into - but the problem is that the place I'm going to be put up won't take cats.

I urgently need to find a vet or animal shelter that will take my cat for a week or so, while I'm flat hunting, because I definitely can't bring the cat to the hotel with me.

PLEASE help?

::bats eyelashes hopefully::

...oh dear. This isn't sounding terribly hopeful. Anybody?

...Bueller?

Cheers!

Further Adventures In Google has led me to find details for the

Ari Pet Hospital 42 Soi Aree 5, Pahonyothin Rd, Tel: 0-2271-3182.

Apparently they do (or did - don't know how up-to-date this info is) boarding and will collect pets from the airport.

...have any of you folks ever heard of them, by any chance?

Sophie,

It might cost about the same to stay at a hotel or serviced apt that allows pets as to stay in a less expensive place that doesn't but pay ofr kenneling.

I had a list of hotels in Bkk that allow pets but it's at home & I'm not. I will be by third week of July so if still interested then PM me & I'll let you know. I do seem to remember Ramada Inn was one.

Sophie,

It might cost about the same to stay at a hotel or serviced apt that allows pets as to stay in a less expensive place that doesn't but pay ofr kenneling.

I had a list of hotels in Bkk that allow pets but it's at home & I'm not. I will be by third week of July so if still interested then PM me & I'll let you know. I do seem to remember Ramada Inn was one.

Bless you for the thought - it's a sensible suggestion, but the thing is that my employer's providing accomodation for a week (yay!)...but unfortunately the hotel is adamantly NOT pet-friendly.

I've decided to go with the Ari Pet place - fingers crossed about it being a kindly environment for my poor unsuspecting moggy.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the similar problem.

I need a place (a good one!!) to keep my cat for 2 weeks or so. We want to fly to Bangkok and then to Phuket for 2 weeks right away, then come back and go to Pattaya, live in pet-friendly hotels together and look for a rental. So I'd really like to find a kennel or someone to take care of my cat for those 2 weeks.

I don't want her to sit in a cage surrounded by other cages. Do you happen to know good, comfortable cat-hotels in Bangkok or Pattaya?

Are there no people who take pets to their homes for decent money and look after them? I don't know Thai language...

I'm eager to take my cat with me - she's small, neutered and quite (Russian Blue, btw) - but though we're gonna to live in Pattaya, we still want to travel and surely need a good reliable place or people to take care of our cat from time to time.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I haven't tried it myself but have seen it from the outside and it looks great...Cat Society Open daily 10am-9pm, 02-259-2788. Daycare and sleepover services available located @ Ozono, 307 Sukhumvit Soi 39 (Phrom Phong). Lots of happy cats hanging out freely in a room with artificial trees. def worth a look.

Hello Sophia,

I recommend you to go to Ozono (Sukhumvit 39). There is a cat soceity there and you can leave your little friend there. Be careful, there are just a little expensive though. (not too much though) I kept my cat there overnight, he enjoyed his stay with all the other cats.

Don't hesistate to contact me for more information.

TV

(perfect username I got, lol)

• 1 year later...
Hi, I haven't tried it myself but have seen it from the outside and it looks great...Cat Society Open daily 10am-9pm, 02-259-2788. Daycare and sleepover services available located @ Ozono, 307 Sukhumvit Soi 39 (Phrom Phong). Lots of happy cats hanging out freely in a room with artificial trees. def worth a look.

Anyone actually tried this place & have any feedback? We usually leave our cat with the vet but the last couple of times she didn't do well as the cat and dog cages were in the same room. Looking for some place that will make highly-strung moggly a bit happier during our next trip.

There's a place at sukhumvit 33/1, called FurrPurr, a store for cats. They do have boarding by reservation only.

from their namecard, "we provide special groom and a complete seperate section for cats to make sure your cat will not get nervous or frighten from dog"

i only have the price for dogs though, but according to the owner, she gives more time and care to each individual cats instead of just leaving them inside the cage.

the phone is 083 77 000 49, close on wednesdays

the owner runs their own cattery too and is a dedicated cat lover.

hope this helps~

Clare

I usually leave my cat at Pet and Vet Animal Hospital. The staff and the vets there are very nice. It is located at Sukhumvit 24. The price for boarding is not expensive. I think it is around 150 a day plus food (unless you bring your own), and you can buy litter there. IT is very clean and they usually keep boarding dogs away from the kitties. So no stress for the furball!!!

Check it out. Tel 662 259 0418 or 662 259 0419

Good luck

Thanks will have to check these out before the next trip. Our strange and highly strung animal has never taken to my Thai partner but according to him she started mewing and talking loudly and positively leapt into his arms after her 3 day stay at the clinic this past weekend. Then I found him asleep on the sofa that evening with the cat curled up on his chest watching TV. Seems the scary clinic was good for their relationship :o

• 1 month later...

Coincidentally we happened across FurrPurr on the weekend and I picked up a rate sheet. It is in the same soi as the Robin Hood (one sub-soi down from Villa Suk 33) and up the back opposite the Japanese supermarket. I came here to post about it but see that TiggerClare had beaten me to it. Great minds think alike and all that!

Their rates for caged cats are baht 550 for the first night, 350 for subsequent nights including food. They also have actual rooms 2.5 x 1 x 2.2m these are 700 baht per night (first night) and 500 for subsequent night, including food. Cats and dogs are housed in different parts of the building.

They also do 'cat day care' at a rate of 50 baht/hr.

There is a place called "Pet Paradise" outside of Bangkok maybe 10 minutes from Pinklao Area. Has a website. No personal experience with it.

Other tip -- as all us cat lovers now, cats HATE being caged or put in unfamiliar surroundings away from their owners and it can traumatize them. I stayed recently at the following place which is both lovely and allows pets (dogs and cats). I think you can get lower rates if for a stay of a week or more and when you consider the savings on pet per boarding and eating out (place provides fully equipped Kitchen) it's likely to not be that much more than a regular hotel. Free shuttle service to nearby skytrain and walkinmg distance to plenty of shops and eateries

Oakwood Apartments (google for their website)

Altho I do fear that a weekend with my Chihua and Pomeranian in residence may have pushed the envelope a tad...if they susbequently rescind the policy of allowing dogs you'll know why :o