Want to rent Honda Wave

alekth85

Hello,

This is 3rd day of my quest to find a Wave or "Wave" like bike for rent. By "wave like" I mean small motorbike with gears such as Wave

All of the websites I found are usually either renting just scooters or scooters and bigger bikes like klx or sport bikes.

It's amazing that I can't find it for rent, considering the amount of Honda Waves in Bangkok. I guess if I could find thai bike rental shop I would find wave too. So far no luck.

Any ideas about the shops that rent motorbikes likes this ?

From a business owner standpoint I wouldn't want newbies crashing the bike from shifting distractions or destroying transmissions so I would only rent automatics too.

Bigbike riders generally know how to shift gears already so less chance of destruction renting those.

I have never seen a shop rent Wave-like bikes.

Do you want to just rent it or are you researching buying one?

If you are researching perhaps you can go to a dealer with cash or your passport as collateral and see if they let you ride one.

Or just ask a neighbor if you can rent it for the day.

Edited by ttakata

They don't have it. Nobody has it it seems. It's probably cuz the main clientele is Farangs.

I just wanted a bike for 2-3 day excursion out of town, wave seemed perfect. I don't need a big bike for it and I don't want to pay 1000 baht a day for rent.

They don't have it. Nobody has it it seems. It's probably cuz the main clientele is Farangs.

I just wanted a bike for 2-3 day excursion out of town, wave seemed perfect. I don't need a big bike for it and I don't want to pay 1000 baht a day for rent.

Then just get a scooter 125 cc and up.

why would you want a wave just to have those horrible gears under your foot ?

riding a honda wave is really an annoying thing. Scooters are automatic, but you will get more torque and a less annoying riding experience.

as well you should rent a decent scooter like a Yamaha Nuovo or a Spark with mag wheels.

Ok... You want real gears, then look for a Suzuki Raider.

why would you want a wave just to have those horrible gears under your foot ?

riding a honda wave is really an annoying thing. Scooters are automatic, but you will get more torque and a less annoying riding experience.

as well you should rent a decent scooter like a Yamaha Nuovo or a Spark with mag wheels.

Ok... You want real gears, then look for a Suzuki Raider.

semi auto gears are clunky sure. still you can get utilize the torque better with gears more than an elastic auto on scooters. Sure more torque with gears too if same cc.

Op, yeah, get a scooter though if you ride for a short time here. Easier for you.

I was thinking wave because:

- It doesn't consume much fuel

- It's popular which means repair (in case of a problem) should be cheap and I guess every shop in Thailand has parts for it, since it seems every Thai owns a wave.

- It does have gears and I can control in which gear I'm gonna be driving, as opposed to fully automatic scooters

- I actually don't like automatic vehicles. All my cars and bikes were manual and I find driving automatic vehicles outside of city to be boring. Wave doesn't have a clutch.. but still more fun to ride, at least for me.

I'm gonna be going to kanchanaburi then to erawan np and then up to sangkhlaburi and back to bkk. I don't want to rent a bigger bike because the rent is 1000 baht and more for anything bigger than a scooter. I'm not willing to spend that much on renting a motorbike. I would rather purchase a new bike and pay 3k baht a month until I pay it off, then to give somebody 4k baht for 4 days of driving.

Anyway.. it seems it's not possible to rent a wave in BKK, so I decided to get a Honda PCX. Seems decent enough for my trip.

The PCX 150 is 1000 times better than a Wave .I have one and went to Pai on it from Chiang mai .That route has aprox 760 bends and sharp ones on a sharp gradiant .It sliced through it like butter.

Anto, might be better.. but.. automatic bikes don't appeal to me and I don't have enough experience to ride a bigger bike. I actually want a small bike with gears that I'm actually considering buying second hand wave now. I'll not be driving in BKK - if I did I would buy a small scooter like a Click or Mio.

AndrewRooney, oh.. thanks friend. I'm gonna go to Erawan for one day camping first (if possible, not sure cuz of the rainy season starting) then to Sangkhlaburi. I heard it's a beautiful ride yeah. Was actually thinking about doing mae hong son loop but will keep that for November and in the mean time do the "local" tours. A lot to see around BKK I think.