Entrance via land border or airport when there is risk for denied entry?

When denied entry happens in land border it is quite easy process. You just return to the country where you came from. But if that happens in airport, you are forced to buy flight ticket out ( or the airline which you flew in with, will arrange that ). And if there is longer waiting time before your flight leaves you will be locked in airport in some kind of airport IDC. And if that is full you may be taken to the real IDC.

Do they put big nasty "denied entry" stamp in your passport?
If they do and you are flown back to Singapore for example Singapore immigration will see your entry to Thailand
was denied and they think you are suspicious and they also may deny entry?
Then you most probably need to buy expensive ticket directly to your home country.

Is there a clear procedure for denied entry in airport?

After mid August I think it is better to enter via land border if you have history of frequent tourist trips to Thailand. Then you are in control of the situation.

I have many exempt stamps in my old 10 year passport accumulated during several years. I will fly out in August and will come back in September. In new passport there is double entry tourist visa and couple of entry exit stamps. New passport is so new and empty that immigration may be curious to dig out information about my old passport.

Denied entry means the country you were coming from will need to take you back. In that case they can deny you entry as well and repatriate you to your home country.

That goes for air borders and land borders. Same rules apply.

• Like 2

It seems that some of the people who where denied entry in Malaysian border continued to travel in region and were not forced to return to their home country. Some even flew into Thailand.

I still dont know which kind of stamp one gets when entry is denied. Is that something that would look suspicious when applying visas to other countries. If so then I would need to apply new passport to have clean passport for applying visa for example to China.

scandinavi your entry will be denied.you should go somewhere else

Yes, that may happen. The only way to know for sure is to try. My question is that which way is the good way to try. Easy for me and also easy for immigration. Denied entry on airport seems to be bad experience.

The airline has the obbligation to send you back to your point of origin UNLESS you have signed a letter to exempt the airline and you assume the responsability for the cost of the fly back.

Many many years ago, in the late 90s when I was still a kid and Thailand had very relaxed rules, the airline refused to let me in in Switzerland because I had a one way ticket, no exit ticket and no visa (visa exempt). I had told them i had made it a dozen times to Thailand that way without any problem (it was true), the responsable told me to sign a letter to exempt the airline from the cost of my fly back in case I would have been rejected. But It didn't happen.

But by default they should bear that responsability. At least this is what i know, but i can't put my hand on fire.

Edited by max72