Babies passport

Ladies and Gents

I wondered if you could help.

My wife has been in the UK on a 2 year settlement visa and during that time we have had a baby boy.

We plan to go to Thailand next year so we will need to get him his first passport.

My question is I guess would he just have a English passport or a dual citizenship passport?

If he had a dual citizenship would we be able to go to Thailand for 3 months for example and he not need to worry about a visa etc.

Any info will be greatly welcome....

Thanks Tom

As the child of a Thai citizen your son is automatically a Thai citizen. You can, by appointment, apply for his birth certificate and passport via the Thai embassy in London.

Entry to Thailand using the Thai passport would indeed not subject him to time restrictions on his stay. Of course he'd need a UK passport to enter the UK.

We registered both our children's births at the Thai embassy in their early months, both have UK & Thai passports, it makes life a lot easier when the kids visit yai for extended trips.

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/10

if you follow the link above it explains what you need to do to get a Thai birth certificate for your child, you can apply for a passport at the same time, good luck and congratulations

Sorry forgot to add no such thing as a dual nationality passport, just seperate UK and THAI passports

Edited by Waterloo