Anyone know where this bay is ?

Garnethoyes

Hi, I'm trying to find the name of this bay and a good place to stay there. Think its in the north east of the island. Any ideas anyone ?

Actually I'd like to find the place from which the last photo is taken.

Thank,

Garnet.

post-63406-0-54514100-1405587656_thumb.j

post-63406-0-01145800-1405587757_thumb.j

post-63406-0-28922600-1405587778_thumb.j

post-63406-0-77540700-1405587831_thumb.j

Edited by Garnethoyes

It is Ao Yon, on the south western corner of Cape Panwa, which is about 5km south of Phuket Town (south east area of the island). There is no accommodation there, though several hotels on the Ao Chalong side of the Cape, and on the Ao Makham side. All within 800m to 1 km from Ao Yon.

The place where the 'loungers' are is the beach bar of a resort called Bel Air at Ao Makham. They run a courtesy bus to and from their beach bar.

Ao Yon has 2 beaches, separated by a small headland that you can walk around except at high tide. It is a year round anchorage for boats.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by pagallim
  • Like 2

It is Ao Yon, on the south western corner of Cape Panwa, which is about 5km south of Phuket Town (south east area of the island). There is no accommodation there, though several hotels on the Ao Chalong side of the Cape, and on the Ao Makham side. All within 800m to 1 km from Ao Yon.

The place where the 'loungers' are is the beach bar of a resort called Bel Air at Ao Makham. They run a courtesy bus to and from their beach bar.

Ao Yon has 2 beaches, separated by a small headland that you can walk around except at high tide. It is a year round anchorage for boats.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Any one know if Bel Air is a good place to stay ? Thanks again.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. Any one know if Bel Air is a good place to stay ? Thanks again.

It's primarily a residential condominium resort, with both year round residents and holidaymakers. You don't have to be a resident to use their beach bar (their prices are quite a bit higher than other nearby beach bar/restaurants). Where Bel Air is located is at Ao Makham, which has the commercial port for Phuket, and no direct beach front. There are a good range of hotels in the area, ranging from places like Kantary Bay (3 star I would estimate), to The Cape Panwa Hotel (4 star, own beach) and Sri Panwa (5 star, all villa type accommodation, some with private pools). There is also the Regent nearby (4 star, own beach and reputation for quite good food), which is probably the closest to Ao Yon.

About 800 metres from Ao Yon on the Ao Chalong side is Cloud 19, a small boutique type hotel with direct beach frontage.

Best thing is to Google Cape Panwa hotels, or use TripAdvisor, and look at the reviews for the quality/price you're looking for.

Actually, looking at the first photograph, my boat is in the background, and I haven't moored it there for about 3 years, so the photos aren't recent.

Edited by pagallim

Best thing is to Google Cape Panwa hotels, or use TripAdvisor, and look at the reviews for the quality/price you're looking for.

Why when we have you? ;)

• Like 1

What is your budget?

Bel Air used to be a resort, now they've gone the "Absolute" fractional ownership route, "yes, you too can own 1/52nd of this condo,you lucky bast*rd you!".

Other side of the road,toward the port there are a couple small bungalow operations, budget too.

Funniest one for me in that area is that Point monstrosity. Who wants a condo looking out on the LPG tanks?