Buying clubs!

baneko

I'm looking to buy a set of clubs. Where can I find the best value for money golf shop in my area? I live in Phanat Nikhom so Pattaya is about 1hr 30 as is Sukhumvit in Bangkok.

Either that or I may buy online. I would like to have a swing first rather than buy online and regret my purchase.

I normally use Cobra woods and irons. Even a good set of second hands would be fine for a start.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edited by baneko

I bought mine on line at PINEMEADOWS GOLF CLUBS in Oregon /Washington.  They ask you a bunch of questions and custom make them for you.  My only complaint was the handles were too small.  It took a golf club fitter about 10 bucks and 10 minutes to resize them according to the hand measurements that he took.  The feel and quality of my clubs are wonderful and I have looked at other much more expensive clubs locally. no feel at all.  The shipping charge is high and the inport Tax is high, but that isn't Pine Meadows fault.  I did not like their golf bag at all.  The total cost is still less than buying the name brands locally...and most of them are Asian size!

Looking at the Scottish flag I assume you hail from there. If you had any friends or relatives coming to visit Thailand in the near future, then maybe you could ask them to bring in a set which will look like they are coming to Thailand to play golf so you won't have to pay the extortionate prices here or the import tax if getting them sent. 

• 2 weeks later...
If you have not found any used clubs, I have a couple of very good sets for sale. One set is Cleveland TA7, one set Ping I3+, one set Taylor Made R7, one set Mizuno T-zoid Pro (graphite shafts), and lastly, a set of classic Hogan Edge (1990). Each set has a bag, putter, and at least a driver and 3 wood as well as a sand wedge. I live west of Phetchaburi/Tha Yang area in Kaeng Krachan. About 50 km from Cha Am.