Namphet sacked from Miss Universe Thailand second runner-up title

Lite Beer

Namphet sacked from Miss Universe Thailand second runner-up title

1399371445-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Second runner-up of Miss Universe Thailand, Miss Sunnanipa "Namphet" Krissanasuwan, has been sacked from the title .

The Organising Committee of Miss Universe Thailand did not give reason for sacking Miss Sunnanipa in its announcement released yesterday.

But announcement was dated July 10.

A PR staff of the committee just explained that the date shown on the announcement was the date when the beauty pageant came to sign acknowledgement of the action.

Miss Sunnanipa later told Channel 3 Saturday that she was pressured to resign over pictures widely shared on the social network which were criticised to be inappropriate.

She said she would give a press conference on Monday about the matter.

Earlier pictures showing she posted inside a van and sitting on the lap of a man were shared on the social network, sparking outcry of her behaviour.

But she later came out to defend that they were pictures that were taken when she acted as a pretty for an advertisement before she came to the beauty contest.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/namphet-sacked-miss-universe-thailand-second-runner-title/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=namphet-sacked-miss-universe-thailand-second-runner-title

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-19

Ah, not fair. Not fair at all. People in Thailand and people outside Thailand have very different ideas about proper Thai behavior.

So be it. They say she is inappropriate. What about that controversial winner, though.....?

People question that more than the second runner up altogether -- is this herring red? It sure smells fishy.

• Like 1

This beauty pageant is more corrupt than the rice scheme I tell you, there is a lot of wheeling

dealing going on in there and vast interest of some questionable ethics as well,

the bottom line there is money....

• Like 1

I would sack her too. In Holland she would not be considered pretty enough to enter the pageant.

Any other consideration, on the other hand, such as sleazy boyfriends, a go-go past, a cocaine habit, or even worse would not be considered a hindrance to come in as a winner.

Thailand. Same-same, but different.

To forsestall any racist slurs: In Holland it could easily be a Luk-Krueng girl with either Indonesian, Marrocan or African blood that wins.

Happens everywhere. Remember Vanessa Williams??? (De-frocked Miss America; I forget why.)

Vanessa Williams' was a bit different, she posed nude in a magazine.

Actually, she posed nude for a photographer that she was an assistant/make up artist for a couple of years before the pageant. He sold the photos to magazine without her authorisation.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Happens everywhere. Remember Vanessa Williams??? (De-frocked Miss America; I forget why.)

Penthouse nude photos were discovered and she resigned amid controversy. Williams has gone on to be the most successful Miss America in the entertainment industry.

Dont see the fuss myself, if your out trying to get along on looks for your bread and butter its a sex based parade thing anyway.

Still selling her body in a way regardless lets be honest.

Not that I have a problem with that its their choice but please dont try and put beauty pagents on a pedestal and a centerspread in the gutter, theres really only a fine line of cloth between them.

• Like 1

Penthouse nude photos were discovered and she resigned amid controversy. Williams has gone on to be the most successful Miss America in the entertainment industry.

The photos were taken well before she became Miss America, and were sold to Penthouse after she was crowned.

I was a youngster at the time, and the photos had (ahem) a profound effect on me. whistling.gif

• Like 2

(And before someone says it, Pattaya/Nana/PatPong/Patong aren't representative of the majority of Thai people at all, what goes on there essentially flies in the face of all Thai morality, however morals are sometimes a luxury when you're poor).

Actually you need to look at the hundreds of Thai massage parlours along Petchaburi or Rachada road to see what the Thai men do.

Stripped of title of "2nd Runner Up"...you mean second place among losers? And apparently she didn't even earn that coming in 3rd place before a girl above her kicked out. I didn't know 2nd runner up constituted a "title" such that you could lose it.

And anyways Vanessa Williams it wasn't just nude penthouse pictures...they were also homoerotic with another girl. And yes, they were awesome!

Stripped of title of "2nd Runner Up"...you mean second place among losers? And apparently she didn't even earn that coming in 3rd place before a girl above her kicked out. I didn't know 2nd runner up constituted a "title" such that you could lose it.

And anyways Vanessa Williams it wasn't just nude penthouse pictures...they were also homoerotic with another girl. And yes, they were awesome!

I still have a copy of that issue and homoerotic is an understatement...rolleyes.gif

The Miss Universe Pageant is owned by NBC Universal and Donald Trump. Both of these enities utilize more skin in some of their advertisements than was shown by this young lady. I think it's a nod to some of the more conservative religious countries to remove her.

Vanessa Williams' was a bit different, she posed nude in a magazine.

In what way is it different?

Up to now, it seems none of the members of the Official Thai Visa Thai Behaviour Vetting Committee have bothered looking at the photos and reading what prompted this controversy. The entire Committee has read one purposely and carefully discreet story, and then commented out of ignorance.

But I presume you have seen the photos and heard/read the opinions, so in what way is this case different?