Halal processed food taking over our supermarkets...

chappie1207

Oppressive? Oh, sorry, forgot this was the end of empire pity party club - motto: we used to rule the darkies and now they rule us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Must have missed the time that christians tried to rule a muslim society .

The Crusades perhaps?

We could make a list of all countries or groups that invaded other places.

That would be a loooong list.

It would cover the entire history of mankind.

It would be a most interesting list, but unfortunately, completely irrelevant to this thread.

It might be irrelevant to the thread - it wasn't irrelevant to the off topic question that I answered though.

How about we just look a bit south? Malaysia. Indonesia.

To the west, greater India including what is now Bangladesh and Pakistan.

And don't forget the British Mandate and Palestine.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't all the examples you just give us actually just the opposite of what you want to make us believe ?

The OP is simply asking if the situation was reversed and everything was non halal/kosherfood, would muslims (or jews) complain and subsequently be called bigots. A very straightforward question that seems noone wants to answer :-)

Firstly I do not believe the OP is asking a 'simple question'.

Based on the majority attitudes on this forum why bother to ask as it would certainly be 'yes'

Oppressive? Oh, sorry, forgot this was the end of empire pity party club - motto: we used to rule the darkies and now they rule us!!

The Crusades perhaps?

It would be a most interesting list, but unfortunately, completely irrelevant to this thread.

It might be irrelevant to the thread - it wasn't irrelevant to the off topic question that I answered though.

Can you do something about the way you reply to a post, it's a mess. All these

are very annoying.

Aren't all the examples you just give us actually just the opposite of what you want to make us believe ?

What would that be? I'm not the one with the Islamists are trying to take over tesco argument. The sun apparently, never set over the British empire. And for all the talk about wanting to convert us to sharia law, where do you reckon the foundations of British common law still work to this very day?

Edited by samran

The Crusades perhaps?

Can you do something about the way you reply to a post, it's a mess. All these

are very annoying.

You talking about the quote function. Or the logical responses to the emasculated former lords of empire?

samran

I'm talking about the quote function. Can't you see the difference between your responses and other peoples? I don't know what you are doing differently but it just looks like a garbled mess. Are you using quote or multi quote?

Edited by giddyup

samran

I'm talking about the quote function. Can't you see the difference between your responses and other peoples? I don't know what you are doing differently but it just looks like a garbled mess. Are you using quote or multi quote?

Am using the Thai visa app so it does it all for me, but looks fine from my end. Can't tell if it is getting mucked up from my end.

samran

Am using the Thai visa app so it does it all for me, but looks fine from my end. Can't tell if it is getting mucked up from my end.

That's strange because it's only your responses (when you've included quotes) that look like that. Never mind, it's just that it makes your posts hard to read. Maybe it's just me.

What would that be? I'm not the one with the Islamists are trying to take over tesco argument. The sun apparently, never set over the British empire. And for all the talk about wanting to convert us to sharia law, where do you reckon the foundations of British common law still work to this very day?

As far as I know India was never a Muslim country, but majority Hindu. Of course the Muslims couldn't accept that and , as in most part of the non Muslim world these days, wanted their own separate country in a country. How do you call this other than oppressing ?

As far as I know India was never a Muslim country, but majority Hindu. Of course the Muslims couldn't accept that and , as in most part of the non Muslim world these days, wanted their own separate country in a country. How do you call this other than oppressing ?

British India before partition was pretty diverse. It was a Brit who drew the borders by the way after partition.

As many Indians have told me, India has a larger Muslim population than Pakistan. Past Indian presidents have included a number Muslims. How is that 'non acceptance' of the country in which they live?

Sounds like you've drunken a bit too much of the anti Islam koolaid. Separation out in most parts of the non Muslim world? My arse. Show me where that really is the case above and beyond a you tube cleric spouting off to his 30 followers. Don't see you complaining too much about the Vatican while we are at it - you know, religious states carved out for a religious group and all which controls assets across the world and influences leaders on moral policy.

But back to Muslims trying to split off in the non Muslim world? Show me. Not even the Jewish state of Israel with 20% odd Arab Israeli population do you see this. They've even got Muslim MPs!

Funny though how shitscared all you guys are just because there is a sticker on some food in the supermarket. Are you really that paranoid?

Edited by samran

British India before partition was pretty diverse. It was a Brit who drew the borders by the way after partition.

As many Indians have told me, India has a larger Muslim population than Pakistan. Past Indian presidents have included a number Muslims. How is that 'non acceptance' of the country in which they live?

Sounds like you've drunken a bit too much of the anti Islam koolaid. Separation out in most parts of the non Muslim world? My arse. Show me where that really is the case above and beyond a you tube cleric spouting off to his 30 followers. Don't see you complaining too much about the Vatican while we are at it - you know, religious states carved out for a religious group and all which controls assets across the world and influences leaders on moral policy.

But back to Muslims trying to split off in the non Muslim world? Show me. Not even the Jewish state of Israel with 20% odd Arab Israeli population do you see this. They've even got Muslim MPs!

Funny though how shitscared all you guys are just because there is a sticker on some food in the supermarket. Are you really that paranoid?

Separation out in most parts of the non Muslim world? My arse. Show me where that really is the case above and beyond a you tube cleric spouting off to his 30 followers.

You don't have to look any further as to the most South provinces of this country. You not gonna say that with 5% of the population being Muslim that Thailand is a Muslim country, isn't it.

So what gives them the right to claim there rights on a separating part of the country ?

Dont come up with the excuse that they are ethnic Malaysians, because they should be aware already that they are in the wrong country, and nothing holds them back from moving to Malaysia.

Now next look at European countries like France for instance. You consider France to be a Muslim country ? It will be soon and not because of it's original habitants, but because of all the import that breeds like ..........

• Like 1

If you want to characterise what is going on down south as some sort of Muslim led separatist movement really shows a lack of understanding.

Have you even lived there?

But it sure as heck fits into the anti Islam diatribe, then why not, hey?

If you want to characterise what is going on down south as some sort of Muslim led separatist movement really shows a lack of understanding.

Have you even lived there?

But it sure as heck fits into the anti Islam diatribe, then why not, hey?

A miracle!

The white knight and I share a common thought.

Now please - I know it is off topic, but please - say in plain words what you think is going on in the south.

And no, I am not being sarcastic. (at least, not about the south)

• 3 weeks later...

Separation out in most parts of the non Muslim world? My arse. Show me where that really is the case above and beyond a you tube cleric spouting off to his 30 followers.

You don't have to look any further as to the most South provinces of this country. You not gonna say that with 5% of the population being Muslim that Thailand is a Muslim country, isn't it.

So what gives them the right to claim there rights on a separating part of the country ?

Dont come up with the excuse that they are ethnic Malaysians, because they should be aware already that they are in the wrong country, and nothing holds them back from moving to Malaysia.

Now next look at European countries like France for instance. You consider France to be a Muslim country ? It will be soon and not because of it's original habitants, but because of all the import that breeds like ..........

those separatists just have a really old map. on the same map you cant go to penang for a visa cos u aint out the country yet. british drew up plenty of maps in their time.

I can't help but think that if halal was a christian requirement ,the liberals/lefties/atheists would be frothing at the mouth ,demanding abolition or different lines of products for non-observers.

...now they just go along with the halal bs and call the refuseniks 'bigots'....facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Instead of "liberals/lefties/atheists", just type "sane".

dont understand the point really; so what?

for jews in thailand it helps cause no pork, and the slaughter is similar (for observant jews its a no go , but for those like my son who just dont eat pork or shellfish, its fine)...

i ate in halal food venues in ayuthaya; so what?

half the stuff americans buy also has a K FOR KOSHER on it and they dont notice... for those that it is important to them, they notice, otherwise, who cares.

funnily enough, the arab guys (muslems all) who work with us att he hotel are all religious (not fanatic, just religious) filled their suitcase up with instant soups and stuff from here (kosher, not halal, but same same) cause they didnt trust any food in thaialnd at all (dog, cat tiger, they are pretty ignorant about it all); when i suggested that they go to halal restaraunts, they didnt even know there are muslems in thailand or halal food.

i was the one to search and find info for them.

when we go out on worker fun days, its all kosher to encompass all the 'no eating pork' contigency and also the jewish side of the 'not mixing meat and milk' as there is one group of muslems in one village who do not mix milk and meat either (they cant explain why, maybe they had jewish family members as well who knows)...

so if i come from our little 'war torn' country and dont care about halal in stores, why shoudl you?

"so if i come from our little 'war torn' country and dont care about halal in stores, why shoudl you?"

I'm really sorry that your friends and family are living in a war torn area. I read your other post about incoming rockets. I'm sorry.

About the Halai food, I just watched some videos of animals being killed. I've never seen such cruelty to animals and I refuse to support that with my money, and I refuse to eat that meat.

If I and the men I grew up around on a large cattle ranch caught someone doing that....

Nevermind.

The US has huge amounts of animal cruelty, especially of wild animals. Goes hand in hand with having something like 50% of the world's firearms. And there are moves afoot to open up federal land the facilitate the recreational slaughter of more and more animals.

Let's see, she buys halal and all the kids in her class can participate. She doesn't, some kids miss out. One is catetering to everyone. One isn't.

You have strange definitions of 'bending one way or another'.

Funny no one here has a problem with kosher food or those with gluten intolerance. All you care about is instilled 'us and them' attitudes with kids, no less.

When there is a choice to make based on conscience, then you take the less evil option surely? No halal, or otherwise no meat.

Kosher and halal are basically the same and both about equally as bad as far as slaughter goes. Food intolerances are another matter.

'ere we go govner...another muslim bashing thread this one about halal.

Halal is one of the most humane processes in the killing of animals. One video shows nothing of the overall picture.

err how on earth can cutting a terrified animals throat be more humane than stunning the animal first? If it's just good business practice why has this only just started to happen, in the west as well?

'ere we go govner...another muslim bashing thread this one about halal.

Halal is one of the most humane processes in the killing of animals. One video shows nothing of the overall picture.

err how on earth can cutting a terrified animals throat be more humane than stunning the animal first? If it's just good business practice why has this only just started to happen, in the west as well?

They are able to use religious exemptions to bypass the usual restrictions to flood the market with their cheap meat.

Personally, I think the law is the law and religious exemptions shouldn't happen regardless of the religion.

• Like 1