Halal processed food taking over our supermarkets...

chappie1207

This is a personal belief of mine and not meant to cause offence, but if it does...well go read another thread!!!

I have been shopping at Tesco for a number of years here in Thailand, and over the past few months have noticed more and more products having the "Halal" logo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal). When I say more and more products, what I mean is so F***ing many!!!!

Halal...foods that are permissible for Muslims to eat or drink under Islamic Shariʻah.

I am a meat lover and respect the humane way animals are slaughtered in the west (https://www.gov.uk/farm-animal-welfare-at-slaughter), and I am not sure how many of you know the way animals are slaughtered under the Halal process (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAQJ-FZo1cA) WARNING...THIS IS DISTRESSING TO WATCH...

My question, why is Tesco and other supermarkets selling the majority of their products under Halal? is Thailand a Muslim country now?!?!.....why am I being forced to buy foods, drinks etc that are processed in a way I do not agree with and is only relevant for Muslims?!!!

An extract which is disturbing..... According to Islamic law, sex is permissible and limited to between those who are married, between a man and his female wife and between a man and a female captive in wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal)

I dont expect you all to agree with my view, and I know some will be thinking just shop somewhere else... the trouble is most supermarkets are selling Halal products which makes it difficult to find products that are not Halal....

Views:

• Like 2

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Muslims kill most of the food animals in Thailand because Buddhists won't do it. Therefore I suppose most animals are dispatched in a Halal or Semi-Halal fashion including pork.

Tesco exports huge amounts of food daily from Thailand to other countries and having a Halal sticker on it makes good biz. A sticker goes a looooong way!

• Like 2

The OP shows his colours with his quote about sex between men and women captive in wars. Totally irrelevant to the topic, but an emotive (to those inclined to his bigotry) addition to the underlying anti-Muslim intent.

The video, admittedly showing disturbing practices, is also an emotionally charged thing, with the cute white calves etc, and fails to mention that THAT type of halal slaughter is the exception, not the norm. The video itself shows it's true agenda in the final message....seeking protest against "ritual"; It's the fact that it's ritual that they object to.

• Like 2

But it's good to see some care about how the animal dies before they eat it.

If I were to do that I would not eat meat or fish at all. Humans are not that nice handling animals and killing it for food. But I enjoy the taste of meat and (some) fish. Actually humans are a plague on this great planet.

The animals gotta be killed one way or the other.

If people feel so strongly about it go vegan.

It's easy to buy that polystyrene foam with cling film. And a piece of chicken inside.

And not feel guilty.

When I lived in issan at 23,30 or 0.00 + 1sec the cow would be slaughtered.

How?, 3/4 whacks on the head with a 14 pound sledge hammer

The bloke still whacking him on the head 2 others already got their knives in.

Best beef I've tasted.

It still moves when your slicing it up before cooking

Always a Q though.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If I were to do that I would not eat meat or fish at all. Humans are not that nice handling animals and killing it for food. But I enjoy the taste of meat and (some) fish. Actually humans are a plague on this great planet.

You bring up (inadvertently, lol) a very good point; Fish are killed in their hundreds of millions in the most inhumane and excruciating way by crushing or suffocating.

Lets see the animal rights activists that protest halal slaughter fight the good fight for these animals. There are, after all, many million times more fish inhumanely treated than cattle and sheep.

Go and protest at the prawn farms. You could get a double whammy as many prawn farms down south are Muslim operated.

• Like 1

Just think of it as "Organic". No one really knows if something is organic but people will pay extra for the label.

Nuts and grains all have Halal labels but I was under the impression that they had to be blessed by an Imman similar to Kosher food being blessed by a Rabbi.

Edited by ATF

I seem to recall many many Kosher products available too?

Its basically the same, but people love to attack halal more as then you can give Muslims a whack while acting as if you only do it for the animals.

• Like 2

Probably not really halal anyway...all the beef in top that has and Australian Beef sticker 50% is not really Australian Beef.

Tastes like the local stuff all glued together.

Sent from my c64

Good God. I just watched video of sheer cruelty. I can tell who the animals are.

I have witnessed hundreds of slaughterings of cattle. Not one suffered.

The animal is fed and made to be as calm as possible because adrenaline will affect the taste of the meat. The animals in that video have to be pumping gobs of adrenaline.

Then when the animal is calm it is without warning shot with a small caliber rifle in a certain part of the brain. The animal never knows it's coming, or that it happened.

Only then are the hind legs lassoed and the animal hung inverted and bled out.

I have never seen anything so cruel done to animals in my life and it wouldn't be tolerated where I come from.

Good God. I just watched video of sheer cruelty. I can tell who the animals are.

I have witnessed hundreds of slaughterings of cattle. Not one suffered.

The animal is fed and made to be as calm as possible because adrenaline will affect the taste of the meat. The animals in that video have to be pumping gobs of adrenaline.

Then when the animal is calm it is without warning shot with a small caliber rifle in a certain part of the brain. The animal never knows it's coming, or that it happened.

Only then are the hind legs lassoed and the animal hung inverted and bled out.

I have never seen anything so cruel done to animals in my life and it wouldn't be tolerated where I come from.

I can tell you about Dutch slaughterhouses where the animal gets something on his head to blindfold it and a contraption shoots a pin in its head killing it. I am sure animals feel it coming.

I am meat eater.. but I realize meat is murder and that some animal suffer a lot.

...except you of coursefacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Self-loathing seems to be on the rise in the blighted lands of the west these days.

I am human.. so I am just as bad as the rest. I love my aircon and driving my car / bike. Come on seriously we are damaging the planet and there are too many of us. No self loathing here just stating the facts.

• Like 1

I can remember coming home from a night out (very late) and in the cab who pulled up behind a truckload of recently kulled piggies, blood was dripping out the back of the truck all over the road.

Next morning to cure the hangover - I skipped the bacon and only had moo ping.

• Like 1

So, chappie, when are you coming back to defend yourself? Or are you that guy with a dozen or more names who likes to start threads and then sits back and chuckles?

As-Salaam-Alaikum.

Maybe he sees the futility of getting into a pointless discussion where he's only going to get accused of being a racist.

• Like 2