Appeal for Irishman Matthew Boyle missing in Bangkok

webfact

Appeal for Irishman Matthew Boyle missing in Bangkok
By Colin Brennan

Matthew.jpg
Matthew Boyle

Matthew is 37 years old, five foot eight inches tall and of stocky build

BANGKOK: -- His last contact with his parents was by phone on July 8th and since then they have been unable to contact him either by phone, text, email or skype.

Normally they would be in contact two/three times a week.

Matthew went to Bangkok in September 2011 to work as a Senior Business Analyst with a company called Asia Biogas.

In the summer of 2013 he and a colleague bought a wine bar – SIP Winebar- in Bangkok and later that year Matthew left Asia Biogas to run the wine bar on a full-time basis.

Full story: http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/appeal-irishman-matthew-boyle-missing-3889068

-- IRISH MIrror 2014-07-21

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most likely got stitched up. Or fell in love with a ladyboy.

More like stitched up, possibly by the mandatory 51% Thai business partner as required by law.

You wouldn't walk away from your life for a ladyboy, unless of course you have enough experience with them to contest that?

Seen a guy a lot like him around 17-00 hrs on Soi Wat Dang about opposite Urbania near a small coffee shop Winmill I think by name looks to ride a small scooter 50c.c.thing at times friendly with I think an Asian fellow who has a cubby hole booth stall selling fried chicken and french fries western style. Might be worth a look.

• Like 1

Almost worthless article unless the purpose is to give the internet detectives, conspiracy and Thai bashers fuel to spread their thoughts. Not only are even the most simplest of details missing, such as did anyone speak to his partner or check his work or see if he checked out of the hotel or just stopped paying but if this is story looking to raise awareness in case somebody should see him then they should have included a number or contact info on who to report any sightings. Doesn't even say if the police are involved.

• Like 1

JohnThailandJohn post # 14

Almost worthless article unless the purpose is to give the internet detectives, conspiracy and Thai bashers fuel to spread their thoughts. Not only are even the most simplest of details missing, such as did anyone speak to his partner or check his work or see if he checked out of the hotel or just stopped paying but if this is story looking to raise awareness in case somebody should see him then they should have included a number or contact info on who to report any sightings. Doesn't even say if the police are involved.

If perhaps you have been resident here for more than a couple of years you might just be aware that people do vanish in some dreadfiul circumstances hence friends and family concern.

I do hope he turns up safe and well.

I hope the BiB are at least making some inquiries as to Matthews welfare, and already made enquiries at the bar and wherever he lives, including interviewing his business partners.

He's AWOL for just over 2 weeks...... hardly reason to panic yet. Has anybody been to the wine bar to ask ?

Very likely his parents are reading this, and they will be annoyed when people come up with all kinds of wild theories.

Checking at the wine bar would be a logical first move, and after that if need be at his apartment, which is likely to be in the same area.

Anybody with a bit of time to spare who lives in Bangkok?

BKK is a big city, as you know, any idea where this basr is located ? I live in BKK and like a spot of red from time to time ?

• Like 1

He's AWOL for just over 2 weeks...... hardly reason to panic yet. Has anybody been to the wine bar to ask ?

Very likely his parents are reading this, and they will be annoyed when people come up with all kinds of wild theories.

Checking at the wine bar would be a logical first move, and after that if need be at his apartment, which is likely to be in the same area.

BKK is a big city, as you know, any idea where this basr is located ? I live in BKK and like a spot of red from time to time ?

Have a look at post 17.

Have a look at post 17.

Gosh!, reading other posts can be time consuming especially if they contain just the information you are looking for.

only missing for 2 weeks!!!! I disappear for over a month on some adventure fuelled binge and no body ever asks about my where abouts!

That's different nobody cares about those who feel the need for 30 day binge fueled adventures.

• Like 1