THB stronger over the last 24 hours?

Thai baht gets stronger and stronger for every week and nobody knows why .

Yes, it gained towards the Euro and the US dollar.

Towards the Euro continuous gains since the beginning of the month,

Small peak compared to Friday.

Don't ask me for the reasons. Multiple factors I guess.

Because Euro land and the Euro are in the shit. if Germany was not proping it up ,along with Britains money it would sink into oblivion ,fingers crossed.

Edited by i claudius
  • Like 2

Because Euro land and the Euro are in the shit. if Germany was not proping it up ,along with Britains money it would sink into oblivion ,fingers crossed.

what kind of shit happened in Sterling Land these last days? huh.png

post-35218-0-86541200-1405946737_thumb.j

I have been told there is a perception of stability now that both the Yingbat clowns and the yellow shirt circus jesters are out of the way. The thinking is that the Junta will bring continued stability. In other words the country is being run by real men now, instead of completely incompetent man children. And since tourism only makes up about 10% or so of the real economy, not a big deal, I guess?

Spidermike007

let's not forget that Thailand's economy is not worse than the economies of the U.S (aka Greatest Nation on Earth™), average €Yew EU and the Yewnighted United Kingdom.

post-35218-0-86432400-1405947184.jpg

Klingonworf

Edited by Naam

GBP

Bounced back to 54.8 a moment ago.

USD

Same recovery.

Looks like someone manipulating the market, then they stopped.

Guess they were buying bucket loads of THB for some reason.

Spoke too soon, up again.

bounce up and down again ermm.gif

post-35218-0-21913800-1405950169_thumb.j

post-35218-0-29742200-1405950022_thumb.j

GBP

Bounced back to 54.8 a moment ago.

USD

Same recovery.

Looks like someone manipulating the market, then they stopped.

Guess they were buying bucket loads of THB for some reason.

Spoke too soon, up again.

if someone bought bucket loads he lost bucket loads in a matter of 20 minutes.

post-35218-0-69912000-1405950797_thumb.j

• Like 1

21.07.2014 15:30:02

21.07.2014 15:25:11

21.07.2014 15:20:01

21.07.2014 15:15:01

21.07.2014 15:10:00

21.07.2014 15:05:00

21.07.2014 15:00:03

• Like 1

Just the natural ebb and flow of currencies. Depends on who's buying and selling and what they are willing to pay. There's no simple answer. You'd have to ask everyone that bought and sold on that day. Then you still might not know the reason.

what kind of shit happened in Sterling Land these last days? huh.png

attachicon.gifGBP THB 5d.jpg

Yes - the GBP has been over 1.7 USD for sometime now. I got 55.22 ThB to the GBP earlier this month. So shitty.

Is the redback going to replace the US dollar?

most interesting quote :

China is also trying to establish a secure worldwide payments network - the China International Payments System - to rival the dollar payment systems, namely the privately-owned CHIPS system and the Federal Reserve's Fedwire.

switch to yuan now as both US and UK currency will become as mentioned above toilet paper

China has now thrown its weight behind the New Development Bank, announced last week. This bank, known as the Brics Bank, will be headquartered in Shanghai and is expected to become part of the global realignment of currencies.

Edited by hi so jin

The strengthening of USD appears to be on the back of increased tension surrounding Ukraine and Gaza, stock markets have fallen and money is moving into safer havens, it could all unwind and reverse just as quickly.

Don't worry. I exchanged dollars to baht yesterday. The baht will now weaken against the dollar. It was just waiting for my exchange.

USD 31.75

EUR 42.8325

GBP 54.1225

big weakening crying.gif

Is the redback going to replace the US dollar?

most interesting quote :

China is also trying to establish a secure worldwide payments network - the China International Payments System - to rival the dollar payment systems, namely the privately-owned CHIPS system and the Federal Reserve's Fedwire.

switch to yuan now as both US and UK currency will become as mentioned above toilet paper

China has now thrown its weight behind the New Development Bank, announced last week. This bank, known as the Brics Bank, will be headquartered in Shanghai and is expected to become part of the global realignment of currencies.

how many Yuan do you hold in your portfolio Honourable Sir Hi So, Esq.? whistling.gif

"switch to yuan now as both US and UK currency will become as mentioned above toilet paper"

Chinese Yuan is not a tradeable currency. They have limits on how much can be exchanged and sent out.

But it has been on a steady growth for about 5 years. Still slightly undervalued compared to their GDP though.

"switch to yuan now as both US and UK currency will become as mentioned above toilet paper"

Chinese Yuan is not a tradeable currency. They have limits on how much can be exchanged and sent out.

But it has been on a steady growth for about 5 years. Still slightly undervalued compared to their GDP though.

you know that and i know that. but some ignorants have no idea.

Anybody who thought the NZD was overvalued last week and leveraged to buy a truck load of THB heavily at the peak, and just unloaded the Baht with a 3% NZD profit would be quite happy.

Especially if he also bought 1.5M Baht of real money at the same peak and has it in a FCA in NZ.

He could live happily in Thailand for another year on the profit.

Just sayin'. wink.png

Thailands baht surged to its highest level in seven months after the Asian nations exports recovered strongly while foreign investors purchased more local assets.

The baht rose by up to 0.4 percent to trade at 31.993 per dollar, its highest level since December 17, before edging slightly lower to 31.995 by 3:35 p.m. local time. Thailands exports in June increased 7.2 percent from a year ago, said Junta leader Prayuth Chan-Ocha last Friday. This was the first gain in four months, and exceeded the analysts forecast of 3.1 percent advance in a survey done by Bloomberg.

The rebound in exports may support the bahts additional strength in the short term, Tim Leelahaphan, a Bangkok-based economist at Maybank Kim Eng Securities (Thailand) Plc told Bloomberg. A better economic outlook has also attracted foreign fund inflows into domestic bonds and stocks.

How can this be, there's some bloke over in the Financial Crisis thread who swears USD/THB is headed towards 40 or even 50, surely he can't be mistaken. blink.pnggiggle.gif

there are many blokes and dudes in a dozen other threads who won't like this:

$ 31.66000

€ 42.56875

£ 53.92875

w00t.gif

Edited by Naam

How can this be, there's some bloke over in the Financial Crisis thread who swears USD/THB is headed towards 40 or even 50, surely he can't be mistaken. blink.pnggiggle.gif

$ 31.66000

€ 42.56875

£ 53.92875

w00t.gif

Waaa, GBP is down 1/65th of a Singha! giggle.gif

$ 31.66000

€ 42.56875

£ 53.92875

w00t.gif

Waaa, GBP is down 1/65th of a Singha! giggle.gif

every sip is precious!

• Like 1

A report from Krungsri in the paper that can't be named talking about an expectation that foreign buyers on the SET have returned and may end up the year in a net buy position, the resulting capital inflows will likely push THB to 31. Who said 40, are you mad!