The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride - Bangkok/Pattaya

Hey guys

Just wanted to let you know about this year's DGR. This is the 3rd year for this ride, which is held on the same day throughout hundreds of cities around the world.

If you've never heard about it, check out last years pictures here:

http://omega-racer.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-distinguished-gentlemans-ride-2013.html

To see the details and join the ride, please go to the official DGR forum:

http://goo.gl/TQzU2m

see ya

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm game. Be OK on a Z800?

I'll get a tux made for it, sounds like good fun but will feel weird riding without gear.

While the organizers in Australia would like to keep it a custom/cafe/vintage bike event, no one will be left behind.

You're welcome to join!

Looks fun, when is it? To go to the official forum I need to register, just want to know the date.

It's on Sunday, 28 of September.

If you don't want to register with the official forum, you can go to my blog where I duplicated the info.

http://omega-racer.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-distinguished-gentlemans-ride.html

Will be on my days off then, will try to make it.

I'm game. Be OK on a Z800?

I'll get a tux made for it, sounds like good fun but will feel weird riding without gear.

While the organizers in Australia would like to keep it a custom/cafe/vintage bike event, no one will be left behind.

You're welcome to join!

where will it be held?

if in Bangkok, why not?

Well, you have to dress up like a 'gentleman' for one thing. No Sidis, no leathers, in fact it appears no protective gear at all. Okay I guess if they're pottering around on step-throughs, Forzas etc but on sportsbikes it'd obviously be impractical. Can't really see you doing this!

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

if in Bangkok, why not?

Well, you have to dress up like a 'gentleman' for one thing. No Sidis, no leathers, in fact it appears no protective gear at all. Okay I guess if they're pottering around on step-throughs, Forzas etc but on sportsbikes it'd obviously be impractical. Can't really see you doing this!

Here we go again. Doesn't seem like a year ago.

Raleigh Chopper Mk 1 0.5 HP pedal bike

Sadly my scooter is not a distinguished ride.

Pulled this from the event info.

1) Ride a motorcycle, preferably a classic, retro, bobber, chopper, custom, cafe racer. Riders with screaming 4 pot plastic rockets may also join, but have to put double effort in looking particularly distinguished.

Wish I had a cafe racer.

Looks like a fun ride.

if in Bangkok, why not?

Here we go again. Doesn't seem like a year ago.

Raleigh Chopper Mk 1 0.5 HP pedal bike

Hehe I was thinking the exact same thing! Déjà vue

Looks like a real TwatFest to me I'd rather go to a Hog Down and that's saying something.

Is everyone getting geriatric here?

Hey, thanks for your input.

Glad you can't make it. Such a shame...

Yeah I definitely won't be joining you on your male menopausal ride. Get real or check out.

if in Bangkok, why not?

of course with my honda wavebiggrin.png it is more than enough for such a gentlemen crowd.

did you think i will join such a ride with my sport bike?laugh.png

Edited by ll2

Update:

The link to the DGR forum I put in the first post is basically only for organizers. The official website will go live in 10 days, but you can already sign up now to get all the necessary infos about the ride.

Also, since this is a charity ride, you'll be able to donate online there. Ideally, no money should change hands during the ride, but I'm not sure if that's feasible with our Thai friends, who might find it easier to do 'thamm bunn' the traditional way.

Given it's for charity and fun, heck, if the theme was bikini's I'd wear one, maybe, seems like a good cause and some fun, Vimeo has some video's of the rides around the world, Singapore was a nice surprise.

I will be there with my suit on this year! Not sure what I will be riding as my big girl has an electrical fault.....and I can't find it! facepalm.gif

Yes boys and girls, it could take till the 28th of September to find out what the problem is! No, I am not slack (?????). whistling.gif The bike is in Pattaya and I am there only 2 weeks out of 6.

But if someone knows a bike guru who can work on it I am willing to allow said guru the opportunity to 'make our day'! happy.png Well the 28th of September to be precise.

PM if you know the guru's wereabouts. smile.png