Tesco Lotus declares to stop selling parrot fish meat

webfact

It is delicious, taste and texture similar to lobster but only lives on coral reef so total numbers are limited, I am rather surprised it was even available at nontropical supermarkets. It eats dead coral with algae on it and poops out sand, many beaches would have little to no sand if not for this fish.

Edited by daoyai

It is delicious, taste and texture similar to lobster but only lives on coral reef so total numbers are limited, I am rather surprised it was even available at nontropical supermarkets. It eats dead coral with algae on it and poops out sand, many beaches would have little to no sand if not for this fish.

Any fish that poops sand must be pretty darn tuff! No way I'm eating sand pooping fish! Consider it my contribution to the environment. blink.png

I don't give a damn what they sell.

I am more interested in the now 3 months of invoices they have failed to pay us for our products they have been stocking and have now cut off their credit line.

Worst customer we have on the books.

Haven't shopped at Tesco Lotus in 4 years. Agree with you, not a good retailer. But glad to see they stopped selling parrot fish.

Edited by jcb2001
  • Like 2

I am more interested in the now 3 months of invoices they have failed to pay us for our products they have been stocking and have now cut off their credit line.

Haven't shopped at Tesco Lotus in 4 years. Agree with you, not a good retailer. But glad to see they stopped selling parrot fish.

Shop most times at the Extra----Udon. Eyes tested and buying glasses one of the best. bottled water --lowest prices than anywhere. check-outs manned good service. best parking of most outlets, competitive, cash coupons posted every 3 months a help. Do occasionally shop Tops Big C, Macro, not too much to choose or they would be out of business. depends where you live also. Love their ready roasted chickens off the spit--125 baht.

• Like 1

I suggest you both look at their terms and conditions of supply. You will find that a three or four month period is standard, depending on what you are supplying.

And as for not being a good retailer, well, the rest of the business world disagrees.

You may be suffering from tescolotusthailandica, a well known problem which affects the ability of their staff to realise that Tesco itself has very high standards, everywhere but here ...

• Like 1

I suggest you both look at their terms and conditions of supply. You will find that a three or four month period is standard, depending on what you are supplying.

And as for not being a good retailer, well, the rest of the business world disagrees.

You may be suffering from tescolotusthailandica, a well known problem which affects the ability of their staff to realise that Tesco itself has very high standards, everywhere but here ...

Tesco Lotus are very slow payers, end of!

• Like 1

Tesco is better than BigC

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Tesco are the first big food retailer to stop selling Parrot fish, Makro, Big C still sell Parrot fish and other coral fish and sharks, lets hope they follow suit so i say good on you Tesco Lotus its a start.

Plenty of other types of attacks on coral reefs reducing the reef populations of the world without reducing important reef fish populations essential for the health of coral reefs.

Now shark fin is the biggy to ban as the inhumane horror of shark finning is cruel beyond belief.

Between 70 million and 100 million sharks are tortured by shark finning EVERY YEAR and thrown back alive into the sea to drown mainly because of shark fin soup for the Asian markets including Thailand.

If we don't take action extinction is possible and it will be goodbye to the sharks and the balance of nature where they roam.

100% agree, but those Chinese appetites must be sated.

you should have done what they do,....you get the money first and then you send the product.

thats the only way not to get caught.

i only work like this since long long time!better loosing a customer than to have milions in the pocket of clever felows.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Our parrot fish are same colors than the one someone posted and more rounded body. I have always avoided colorful fish as they are typically found in warmer waters and therefore not as nutritious. Not sure if that statement is true but always been my belief. Now that someone says they are so tasty I will buy one next time at the grocery. By the way not a TESCO store but a Safeway and not in Thailand. Bon appetite!

Need to stop people catching them! Tesco Lotus a bunch of wusses by comparison with the Thai fishing industry: slavery, press gangs and MONEY!

Does the fishing industry drag their nets where there is Coral?

I would think that would damage the nets.

Dirty Bastards. They are operating off your company's money.

Tesco are the first big food retailer to stop selling Parrot fish, Makro, Big C still sell Parrot fish and other coral fish and sharks, lets hope they follow suit so i say good on you Tesco Lotus its a start.

Plenty of other types of attacks on coral reefs reducing the reef populations of the world without reducing important reef fish populations essential for the health of coral reefs.

Now shark fin is the biggy to ban as the inhumane horror of shark finning is cruel beyond belief.

Between 70 million and 100 million sharks are tortured by shark finning EVERY YEAR and thrown back alive into the sea to drown mainly because of shark fin soup for the Asian markets including Thailand.

If we don't take action extinction is possible and it will be goodbye to the sharks and the balance of nature where they roam.

Yes we should tell the 1 billion+ Chinese in asia that it is wrong to eat shark fins. They just love it when the GwaiLo tell them what to think. It always gets their attention....The thing they hate most is being criticised by non-Chinese. It really makes them squirm with embarrassment...