Fluoridation in OK - don't beleive the scaremongers.

wilcopops

If you live in a fluoridated community, consider yourself lucky. But no matter where you live, don't let poisonmongers scare you. Think of fluoridation as a modern health miracle.

The "recent" article in the Lancet wasn't a recent article it was a repeat, there was only one reference in the whole paper to Fluoride.

it won't damage your health or your children's IQ - in reality it the concept of "IQ" that is flawed and worthless.

the passage....

“A meta-analysis of 27 cross-sectional studies of children exposed to fl uoride in drinking water, mainly from China, suggests an average IQ decrement of about seven points in children exposed to raised fluoride concentrations.44 Confounding from other substances seemed unlikely in most of these studies. Further characterisation of the dose–response association would be desirable.”

Increased risk of Osteofluorosis

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/osteofluorosis

Medical publication, declaring increased risk

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1779481

And another from The Lancet, Hip fracture more likely with long term exposure to Fluoride in drinking water

"In the continuing debate concerning water fluoridation, the question of its role in hip fracture is still unresolved. A number of studies found that hip fracture incidence rises with increased fluoride concentration in drinking water. A fewer number of studies found no detrimental bone effect of fluoridated water compared to unfluoridated water. In a previous report1, I have pointed out that the few studies that found no increase of hip fracture relative to fluoride concentration in drinking water are all faulty due to the short duration of exposure to fluoridated water (6 years or less), the small number of subjects, or the advanced age of the subjects."

Also

Rumour that it makes you 5% more amenable, which is an impetus for governments to want it.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

All taken erroneously by the anti-fluoridation brigade - they should learn to read scientific papers - and that includes the press.

e.g. your first example - "by chronic fluorine poisoning"

second published in 1991 and since failed peer reviews.

...and the Lancet - "the question of its role in hip fracture is still unresolved" DATED????? it is of course a meta analysis?

and rumour! - how daft can you get?

Edited by wilcopops

All taken erroneously by the anti-fluoridation brigade - they should learn to read scientific papers - and that includes the press.

e.g. your first example - "by chronic fluorine poisoning"[/size]

second published in 1991 and since failed peer reviews.[/size]

Some people consider The Lancet to be a fairly reputable scientific organisation.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736%2899%2907161-5/abstract

Sorry for some reason, The Lancet link wasn't in my last post.

The 2rd link I gave, is gathered from 7 scientific papers, with references.

e.g. your first example - "by chronic fluorine poisoning"[/size]

second published in 1991 and since failed peer reviews.[/size]

Some people consider The Lancet to be a fairly reputable scientific organisation.

The 3rd link I gave, is gathered from 7 scientific papers, with references.

Don't just look at the name look at there conclusions! the4y don't support your point of view.

Edited by wilcopops

Don't just look at the name look at there conclusions! the4y don't support your point of view.

They all support my point of view.

Most of the surveys claiming no problem, were made using post menopausal women, not exposed to fluoridation until after menopause.

The problems are mainly caused to women by long term exposure (10 years+) to fluoride before menopause.

The actual findings of the study do not show that there is any risk to public water fluoridation (if anything, they show that it is safe), but the study was seized upon by antifluoridation activists and distorted for their propaganda purposes. Unfortunately, the internet is now fertile ground for the spreading of propaganda.

"If you live in a fluoridated community, consider yourself lucky. But no matter where you live, don't let poisonmongers scare you. Think of fluoridation as a modern health miracle."

If there is no fluoridation of water or salt, I can add it myself if I believe it is good. I don't know a nanny state that thinks for me.

• Like 1

Closed per Health Forum rule:

"4. Posting/pinning of news articles: The forum is for members to seek advice on health/beauty related matters. it is not the place for general dissemination of news, research findings etc. Members are not to post news articles/research findings unless in the context of a discussion specific to a TV member's health/beauty related problem. "

Fluoride is not added to drinking water in Thailand.