Honda Forza 123000bahts, 5400km, good deal?

bitcoinman

I have found a red forza in pattaya in a non Honda shop.

As I m moving out of Thailand for 3 or 4 months, should I buy it or wait? . My gf will use it but worry about the weight of the forza . We have already a pcx.

Included in price is change of name, tax road, and number.

I still have to buy insurance in case someone steal it. but I can have a good price somewhere we know.

What do you think? I don't think they will lower the price.

It s just make me sad I have to leave Thailand and letting a nice bike here that I can not ride for 3 or 4 months.

Edited by bitcoinman

No copy apparently. New bike is 166k bahts with insurance and number.

Second hand I can now get it for 123k bahts .I would get it if my visa was not expiring in a week and I go back to Europe for a few months to visit relatives.

So I don't know. I m tempted to get this bike but I can wait end of this year and look around when back in pattaya.

Garage seem interested to sell it as fast as possible to a farang because they said it's too expensive for thai and they decreased the price when I told them I was leaving Thailand so I was unsure to get a bigger bike right now.

I am just asking what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Here pic of the red forza that I am talking about (3pictures), enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/7kinoauc6k88sot/AAB3xb18a7fnwphs_COCQJ3Aa

Edited by bitcoinman

A drop of 43k baht plus rego changeover is a very good deal for only 5400km ridden. That's a 26% drop from new price.

The big price drop is probably because they (big scooters) are a slow mover here and they don't want to keep that money tied up. I would want to check when the bike was first registered.

If you just need to get around congested areas of town, a smaller bike makes more sense and much easier to park and forget. If you do long trips, then it makes sense. If you don't, I wouldn't bother.

• Like 1

A drop of 43k baht plus rego changeover is a very good deal for only 5400km ridden. That's a 26% drop from new price.

The big price drop is probably because they (big scooters) are a slow mover here and they don't want to keep that money tied up. I would want to check when the bike was first registered.

If you just need to get around congested areas of town, a smaller bike makes more sense and much easier to park and forget. If you do long trips, then it makes sense. If you don't, I wouldn't bother.

The Forza is a great bike, and the price is IMHO very low, and much lower than I have seen advertised for Forzas for sale. around Thailand -- most are B140k to B135K, so low B120s is very good, I think. I have the Forza and a PCX150, and I seldom use the PCX, except for shopping because the PCX has a top box and the Forza does not, and the storage area on the Forza is useless (and hot). There is no comparison between the comfort, pick-up and handling of the two bikes, especially for a tall/large rider.

But Tropo may be right, the Forza may be a very slow moving bike, so actual selling prices may be much lower than the advertised price. It really depends on whether this price is an "outlier" or the same price or close to it can be had when you get back. My guess is that this price is less than you will find again, so if you wait, expect to pay B10k more for a Forza in similar condition.

Edited by Thailaw

What you mean by " storage area is useless" ?

Compared to the pcx can you put more or less?

The actual storage areas on the Forza and the PCX are about the same, the Forza's area may be slightly larger, but it is long and not very deep, with lots of ups and downs, so getting much in there is a challenge, and a loaf of bread will be crushed if put in the under seat storage area, unless that is all you are carrying. But, as I said, I have a top box on the PCX which allows me to shop and carry much more -- still, not a lot, but much more than with the Forza. And I don't like to put meat or anything requiring refrigeration under the seat of the Forza, as it seems to get very hot under there. You can, of course, add a top box to the Forza should you buy one, many do, and that will solve the storage issue (at least in part), but I don't like the look of the box on the back of the Forza, and as long as I have the PCX for shopping I will use that and not add a box to the Forza. You should check out the Forza and the PCX side by side, looking carefully at the undulations on the bottom of the Forza seat, and I think that you will see what I mean.

No warranty. At the end I didn't buy it after my girlfriend and I decided we don't need to rush for a new bike. The bike looks older than they said, too many scratches and the instrument dash plastic board look like the bike sat under the sun for long time.

The 5000km seemed odd to me. Too many scratches for a 5000km bike and I know it s not hard to reset the counter.

My pcx has over 17000km and look really good. Look better than a 5k km forza !

The garage seem to have hard time to sell it. I expect at least 3 months warranty in case the engine is cracked like fissure or the bike has been involved in an accident.

Is that possible? Owner maybe didn't change the oil.

I will be gone in Europe anyway so I didn't bother with this forza. Maybe when I come back from europe I will have plenty of time to look for a new second hand bike, and I like to shop around for a second hand bike and take my time.

Anyway, when something looks too nice, stay away!

Edited by bitcoinman

I have to thank you for a tip mate, i went there and after long and careful check + test drive (keeping in mind your warnings), i decided to buy it. It's not 100% condition but with this price 99% condition is acceptable. After all, it's a second hand bike, not new.

Thanks again smile.png

Just as a matter of interest there were two great looking Forzas in John Collingbournes auction last week and they did not sell

One was under 1 year old

Think the reserves were in the region of 130K Baht

Edited by n210mp

They are just too expensive. For the price of 1 forza, you get 4 fino or 3 pcx. You got scooter for the whole family. Why these forza are so expensive?

Not quite, new PCX 150 is 80.000 THB and new Forza 166.000 THB so you can get 2 PCX's with price of Forza... however can you actually compare 150cc motorbike with 300cc motorbike? They are in totally different category, another one is small scooter and another maxi scooter. Forza also have ABS brakes.

Really abs breaks? Or combi break, I though abs was for some European and USA models only!

I don't know if it's possible to buy Forza without ABS in Thailand, but seems that you can get those models in USA. I don't know how it goes in Europe.

At least my bike have both ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) and CBS (Combined Braking System).

post-216040-0-84843000-1406883993.png

Edited by termix

So if you are unsure if Forza have ABS or not, you can check...

1) Control panel have yellow ABS light (look at pic from previous post) which turns on when power is turned on. Light should stop in few minutes after start and it means that system is working normally. If it still stays on, it means that there is something wrong with ABS system and you need to go to service. In that case brakes work like non ABS models.

2) "Combined Braking System ABS "- sticker in front fender (at least my bike have it)

3) Brake disc looks different compering with non-ABS models (look at pic from previous post).

Edited by termix

Hello.

If you still haven't got that Forza, let me offer you mine. It's a red one too, only one year old (bought from Honda shop in Chonburi mid-august 2013). It has 23k km ridden but after 22k I have changed variator belt, few bearing and something else that was just slightly worn in transmission, front and rear break pads, and few weeks ago I also changed rear tire and battery. Which means that it's like new now, everything that could possibly wear out is changed. Bike has a holder for mobile phone/navigator and a huge 48L trunk (SHAD SH48 New) with a backrest installed. I will also give away 3 helmets, 2 jackets, feet pump, manometer and USB charger with micro-USB cable. Since I was the only owner of this bike and took a great care of it, it's in perfect condition. And I can prove that any way you like, can even take it to the service center for an inspection. I only want 125000 baht for everything (including name change, of course). New price including trunk and mobile phone holder was 178000 baht.

post-216824-0-98248900-1407124794_thumb.

More pictures here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/we45jtmeww938r8/AADK465HlROTw7BJ8DMnru9ta

I canceled all purchase ideas as I don't even know how long I can stay in thailand with a tourist visa. I will not even buy a condo. I knew this time will come.

I will wait for end 2014 for a new second hand forza. Will probably go lower 100k.

The forza for sale in my original post has still not been sold.

Edited by bitcoinman

• 3 weeks later...

I canceled all purchase ideas as I don't even know how long I can stay in thailand with a tourist visa. I will not even buy a condo. I knew this time will come.

I will wait for end 2014 for a new second hand forza. Will probably go lower 100k.

The forza for sale in my original post has still not been sold.

I went there today to ask news about my green book (not yet come) and yes, they indeed had new Forza there. I didn't ask any information about it, but it looked good anyway. In pic you can see my bike on left, and it's bike what your original post meant (i changed Ermax windshield and put Givi box) and on right you can see new bike.

If anyone is interested of this new bike, shop can be found about opposite of Honda Big Wing Pattaya shop in Sukhumvit Road.

post-216040-0-34465800-1408615832_thumb.