• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stop all trade as well

What is the reason to stop the trade ?

Legal reasons for a start

12 more EU countries warn against trade with Israeli settlements

Settlements are illegal under international law, statements say, and dealing with them carries legal and financial risks.

Twelve members of the European Union have published warnings over the past day urging their citizens to refrain from engaging in business, economic activity and investment in settlements or bodies connected to the settlements.

For more information : http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.603030

Edited by JohnnyJazz

It will only mean that Israel feels justified in going even HARDER against Hamas missile capability during this current war. Indeed they will and indeed they are FULLY JUSTIFIED.

Agreed. Once the International community has recognized the danger from those rockets, no one but the most dishonest can blame the Jewish natiion for defending themselves. Israel have every justification to crush Hamas completely.
i don't agree with you both.

Israel is trying to crush Hamas already for 27 years...

But unfortunately this implicates also a lot of innocent Palestinians...

You can't justify the conflicts in a region between both extremities/edges of Eastern and Western world, religion, etnicity, ...

Euh ? You've ever been in war conflict zone yourself before you can judge any justification...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Thorgal

stop all trade as well

Yes, I suppose that would be one's feeling....IF one believes that the current pro-Palestinian propaganda is 100% factual, with no distortions of the truth or outright lies. And, IF one ovelooks the stated goals and historical methods used by each to attain their stated goal.

I, personally, have greater ease in believing Israeli statements as to their intentions, motivations and "what really happened" than I do in believing a sources within a Palestinian government currently headed by President Mahmoud ABBAS who has no political rival, and who to all intents and purposes, is a Yassir Arafat in a suit and tie! Follow that with the accompanying powerful influence of, and likely successor HAMAS parlimentarian Aziz Dweik, who apparently under "Palestinian basic law" is stipulated to be ABBAS's successor in the event of his being unfit or unable to carry out his duties. (see: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/04/19/slow_death_palestinian_democracy_fayyad_abbas), and perhaps you can understand why I am more liable to believe that many of the photos and video clips proclaiming atrocities allegedly commited by Israelis, are staged events, specifically designed to inflame anti-Israeli public feeling.

HAMAS is an organization whose sole goal is the "destruction and erradication of Israel". It is an organization designated by the United States, Canada, the European Union, Jordan , Egypt and Japan as a terrorist organization, while others, such as Iran, Russia, Turkey and China as well as many Arab nations claim them to be non-terrorists in spite of their tactics! Whatever you believe them to be, they openly state their sole goal is the total destruction and erradication of Israel. They have shown themselves to be absent of any morality by way of their historical terroristic tactics of plane hi-jackings, suicide bombings (in many cases using children as the 'bombers") in civilian locations (the more densely populated, the better, locations that included schools and playgrounds) and the continued rocket attacks which replaced suicide bombings after 2007-08 (but only AFTER it became apparent that to continue these suicide attacks would be to bring absolute condemnation from their own people as well as the world!)

ISRAEL is a UN recognized and democratically ruled country whose sole goal is "peace within their borders" Name me one instance of Israel carrying out a plane hijacking, a suicide bombing or a rocket attack, provoked or unprovoked, on any area other than an area from which unrelenting attacks designed to intimidate, demoralize and kill as many of the Israeli populace as possible have been and continue to originate!!

The populace of the Gaza Strip, occupied, governed and used by HAMAS as a launching area for its unapologetic and unrelenting war on Israel are undeniably victims. But just who is their oppressor AND the root cause for their sad plight? HAMAS gets my vote 100%!! Which is why I continue to align myself on the side of Israel while at the same time hoping that a solution to the continued victimization of both Israel and Palestine can be discovered.

Is it possible that you have similar hopes? If so, is it possible that any such hopes would be better realized through convincing all countries that HAMAS is a terrorist organization and therefore not deserving of any direct or indirect support?

When a terrorist act happened, as in 9-11, why did the Palestinians crowd the streets in celebration???? Take out the pal from Palestine after that for me.

• Like 1

The Israeli government justify their bombing of Gaza and the killing of civilians by blaming the indiscriminate rocket attacks on Israel by Hamas.

Yet at the same time seems to be saying to the world's airlines that flying into Israel is perfectly safe; that their planes wont be hit by Hamas' rockets.

In case you haven't noticed, the terrorists aim is terrible and Iron Dome helps a lot too. That is why Hamas just fling the rockets towards the masses of civilians that they hope to murder and hope for the worst. bah.gif

The chances of these evil clowns hitting a specific airliner is practically nil.

I did not say that Hamas are trying, or will try, to hit any specific airliner. As far as I know, no one is.

The accuracy of the Hamas missiles is terrible; so the chances of one deliberately hitting a specific, aimed for airliner, in the air or on the ground, is very low; but for the same reason the chances of hitting one by mistake is as high as it hitting anything else!

Flying into or even over a conflict zone is risky, very risky; as the tragic event in The Ukraine shows.

Do you really want the same thing to happen over Israel; even though if it did it would be by accident?

I wonder is something of this sort is applied to other countries, though. Afghanistan? Syria? Iraq? Ukraine?

Also, this must be a PITA for West Bank Palestinians and Arab Israelis wishing to fly abroad, as well.

Castrate their current missile capacity by killing hundreds of innocent civilians!

A missile capacity which does not seem very effective anyway; 31 Israelis killed in the last 15 days; 649 Palestinians.

Why can the Israeli government, and their supporters, not see that their current actions only increase support for Hamas among Palestinians.

Currently, the people doing the most to recruit new members to Hamas is the IDF and the Israeli government.

Gaza conflict: Abbas backs Hamas ceasefire demands

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has backed calls by Hamas for an end to the economic blockade of the Gaza Strip as a condition for a ceasefire.

Why wont the Isreali government agree to that?

Previous easing of the blockade resulted in Hamas bringing in more rockets and other weapons.

Building materials are obviously used generously for Hamas military wing projects, less for public benefit and safety.

• Like 1

If flights can't depart and land then it's a clear sign that the situation is out of control.

It's time for a UN troops to be deployed to the area.

Flights can depart and land, Israel's national carrier and others keep operating as usual.

If this was a real emergency Israel could use other airfields on a temporary basis.

Even actual shutting down of an airport (as opposed to airlines stopping service) does not

necessarily mean the situation is out of control or we'd have UN troops in Bangkok back

when PAD had their fun.

How would the UN presence help the situation?

Sure. The US Government is afraid of "shame"....

What will be its reaction if a passenger plane is shut down over Israel...using a US made rocket portable launcher....The same kind Bin Laden people got from the US to shot down Russian copters and win the Afgan war....

The "revolutionaries" have a lot of those...and they like to show it on Syria's fights pictures. Ironically..that was the weapon used months ago to shut down a US copter killing 5 Marines from the group that killed Osama.

War don't makes sense for the Humanity...but makes a lot of sense for few people with not interest in Humanity...but in power.

Some elected by popular vote....

Peace.jpg

Lol, grow some nads and stop whining about the big bad ole USA picking on everyone and being so unfair.

• Like 1

The Israeli government justify their bombing of Gaza and the killing of civilians by blaming the indiscriminate rocket attacks on Israel by Hamas.

Yet at the same time seems to be saying to the world's airlines that flying into Israel is perfectly safe; that their planes wont be hit by Hamas' rockets.

In case you haven't noticed, the terrorists aim is terrible and Iron Dome helps a lot too. That is why Hamas just fling the rockets towards the masses of civilians that they hope to murder and hope for the worst. bah.gif

The chances of these evil clowns hitting a specific airliner is practically nil.

I did not say that Hamas are trying, or will try, to hit any specific airliner. As far as I know, no one is.

The accuracy of the Hamas missiles is terrible; so the chances of one deliberately hitting a specific, aimed for airliner, in the air or on the ground, is very low; but for the same reason the chances of hitting one by mistake is as high as it hitting anything else!

Flying into or even over a conflict zone is risky, very risky; as the tragic event in The Ukraine shows.

Do you really want the same thing to happen over Israel; even though if it did it would be by accident?

I wonder is something of this sort is applied to other countries, though. Afghanistan? Syria? Iraq? Ukraine?

Also, this must be a PITA for West Bank Palestinians and Arab Israelis wishing to fly abroad, as well.

Even if governments and airlines aren't as concerned as they should be, pilots are: Balpa criticises airline route safety assessments

stop all trade as well

Yes, I suppose that would be one's feeling....IF one believes that the current pro-Palestinian propaganda is 100% factual, with no distortions of the truth or outright lies. And, IF one ovelooks the stated goals and historical methods used by each to attain their stated goal.

I, personally, have greater ease in believing Israeli statements as to their intentions, motivations and "what really happened" than I do in believing a sources within a Palestinian government currently headed by President Mahmoud ABBAS who has no political rival, and who to all intents and purposes, is a Yassir Arafat in a suit and tie! Follow that with the accompanying powerful influence of, and likely successor HAMAS parlimentarian Aziz Dweik, who apparently under "Palestinian basic law" is stipulated to be ABBAS's successor in the event of his being unfit or unable to carry out his duties. (see: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/04/19/slow_death_palestinian_democracy_fayyad_abbas), and perhaps you can understand why I am more liable to believe that many of the photos and video clips proclaiming atrocities allegedly commited by Israelis, are staged events, specifically designed to inflame anti-Israeli public feeling.

HAMAS is an organization whose sole goal is the "destruction and erradication of Israel". It is an organization designated by the United States, Canada, the European Union, Jordan , Egypt and Japan as a terrorist organization, while others, such as Iran, Russia, Turkey and China as well as many Arab nations claim them to be non-terrorists in spite of their tactics! Whatever you believe them to be, they openly state their sole goal is the total destruction and erradication of Israel. They have shown themselves to be absent of any morality by way of their historical terroristic tactics of plane hi-jackings, suicide bombings (in many cases using children as the 'bombers") in civilian locations (the more densely populated, the better, locations that included schools and playgrounds) and the continued rocket attacks which replaced suicide bombings after 2007-08 (but only AFTER it became apparent that to continue these suicide attacks would be to bring absolute condemnation from their own people as well as the world!)

ISRAEL is a UN recognized and democratically ruled country whose sole goal is "peace within their borders" Name me one instance of Israel carrying out a plane hijacking, a suicide bombing or a rocket attack, provoked or unprovoked, on any area other than an area from which unrelenting attacks designed to intimidate, demoralize and kill as many of the Israeli populace as possible have been and continue to originate!!

The populace of the Gaza Strip, occupied, governed and used by HAMAS as a launching area for its unapologetic and unrelenting war on Israel are undeniably victims. But just who is their oppressor AND the root cause for their sad plight? HAMAS gets my vote 100%!! Which is why I continue to align myself on the side of Israel while at the same time hoping that a solution to the continued victimization of both Israel and Palestine can be discovered.

Is it possible that you have similar hopes? If so, is it possible that any such hopes would be better realized through convincing all countries that HAMAS is a terrorist organization and therefore not deserving of any direct or indirect support?

Do you actually believe that the Israeli government has never lied or hidden the truth about it's actions in the Palestinian situation? Both sides lie constantly, not just Hamas.

• Like 1

If flights can't depart and land then it's a clear sign that the situation is out of control.

It's time for a UN troops to be deployed to the area.

I agree that the UN should be on the ground in Gaza -

They have to be invited in by both sides in a conflict,

• Like 1

Very strange.

This is such a great post which perfectly illustrates Israel's duplicitousness.

Israel is only concerned about the optics of the closure and couldn't care less about the safety of the passengers.

From the slant of your posts, one could accuse you of exactly the same thing. You only want the airport shut down to harass Israel. It has nothing to do with any "compassion" for anyone.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

Israel is only concerned about the optics of the closure and couldn't care less about the safety of the passengers.

From the slant of your posts, one could accuse you of exactly the same thing. You only want the airport shut down to harass Israel. It has nothing to do with any "compassion" for anyone.

This thread is about the US and Europe halting flights to Israel.

Enough with the personal attacks.

• Like 1

If the rockets from Gaza are as threatening as Israel suggests then European and other airlines are taking a risk flying in there.

Better the ban continue while the tension is high in the area.