Will Alcohol Sales Be Banned on August 11 + 12

soihok

But the bars won't be open on the 12th. The 12th is also Mothers Day.

Mother's Day is defined by the Queen's birthday. Similarly, Father's Day is defined by the King's birthday. On neither day is the sale of alcohol banned. It's only banned for Buddhist holidays, pre-voting and elections days (and possibly for Moslem holidays down south - I don't know about that).

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Mother's Day is defined by the Queen's birthday. Similarly, Father's Day is defined by the King's birthday. On neither day is the sale of alcohol banned. It's only banned for Buddhist holidays, pre-voting and elections days (and possibly for Moslem holidays down south - I don't know about that).

Certainly for the King's birthday, out of respect, we always closed the bar. About 8 years ago, we also started doing this for the Queen's birthday. Not sure what it is now, and this was up-country as well..

I remember because it was the only two holiday's I remember..........................wink.png

Well depends where you live, we are North and in our village some won't sell alcohol for all those you mention also by 10o/c most everything is shut at all days of the year, except for a very few food street sellers.

7-11 is open 24 and on some of these days they won't sell alcohol either not even at there allowed times.

Edited by Kwasaki

Jesus christ.....go get yourself two boxes of beer and leave them in the corner of the room and you'll be fully stocked up for the holiday

I enjoy a drink as well but I don't think I would ever be stressing about it being available 3 weeks in the future or not

Who really cares. Like a drink myself and can get one pretty much 24/7/365. Bars and such like may not sell but there are always other ways to go. E.g. invite a few friends round and take advantage of the lack of beer bars.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

To all those who commented ' you people are obsessed with alcohol' etc etc I am sure you guys would stock up on food if you where told ALL shops are closed for 2 days and you might well post on here asking are they really going to be closed, but you DONT need food every day. but why put yourself through that. may as well be prepared.

For the record here in Phuket the bans are stricktly enforced these days, and most restaurants wont let you have a singha coffee (beer in a coffee mug) like days gone by, these are places I eat in EVERY week and they know I am not going to get drunk and cause a problem - but still NO alcohol. I like a wine or a beer with my meal, and my wife and I eat out 6 times per week, so if I need to get food AND alcohol in for 2 consecutive days, yeah I prefer to plan ahead.

I wont die with out the booze for 2 days, but nor would you die with out food, but you would plan for it. Wouldn't you?

If forums like these are not for quastions like this they are a waste of time. Certianly more relevant question to me than anything about bar girls, bar fines or all the other rubbish most of you like to talk about. (sorry many of you).

(By the way, I dont know the asnwer but interested as in Phuket there is the EPL Master game on the Sunday and would be a tough sell if there was alcohol for sale).

G

• Like 1

To all those who commented ' you people are obsessed with alcohol' etc etc I am sure you guys would stock up on food if you where told ALL shops are closed for 2 days and you might well post on here asking are they really going to be closed, but you DONT need food every day. but why put yourself through that. may as well be prepared.

For the record here in Phuket the bans are stricktly enforced these days, and most restaurants wont let you have a singha coffee (beer in a coffee mug) like days gone by, these are places I eat in EVERY week and they know I am not going to get drunk and cause a problem - but still NO alcohol. I like a wine or a beer with my meal, and my wife and I eat out 6 times per week, so if I need to get food AND alcohol in for 2 consecutive days, yeah I prefer to plan ahead.

I wont die with out the booze for 2 days, but nor would you die with out food, but you would plan for it. Wouldn't you?

If forums like these are not for quastions like this they are a waste of time. Certianly more relevant question to me than anything about bar girls, bar fines or all the other rubbish most of you like to talk about. (sorry many of you).

(By the way, I dont know the asnwer but interested as in Phuket there is the EPL Master game on the Sunday and would be a tough sell if there was alcohol for sale).

G

The point is if you want a drink you will be able to get one without a problem. You may not be able to drink where you want to, restaurants, bars etc. Little bit of imagination would help.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When you are on holiday for a week and two days the bars are closed then that sucks. In my case It's not about the drinking. I enjoy to go out and about and socialize with a refreshing beer or two. I never drink in the house. Nor do I see the entertainment value of sitting in my hotel room drinking, so stocking up will not help. I am in Phuket from 11th. till 18th. and will not be a happy chappy if the bars are closed for 2 days.

Den

every bloody holiday generates this post. Almost every Mom and Pop shop sells alcohol. Stock up!

Almost every farang bar sells booze. Or stock up . What's the problem? And why do you need to post about it?

every bloody holiday generates this post. Almost every Mom and Pop shop sells alcohol. Stock up!

Almost every farang bar sells booze. Or stock up . What's the problem? And why do you need to post about it?

Did you read the post above yours?

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

No alcohol sales on the 12th Mother's Day.

Source? The Queen's birthday is not normally a 'dry' day.

Sent from my GT-S7270L using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Scource - the miserable bitch who runs our local shop. No booze sold on Kings Birthday last year either. In our town the boys in brown go round checking too.