Hamas ties ceasefire to blockade

webfact

If ever proof was needed that Israel uses the USA. Dont be so naive. The State has no intention of talking about giving up land. "We stole it and we are the law in this region" Says the "democratic" terrorist state"

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/28/john-kerry-and-white-house-fire-back-at-scathing-criticism-of-failed-u-s-ceasefire-plan/

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ever proof was needed that Israel uses the USA. Dont be so naive. The State has no intention of talking about giving up land. "We stole it and we are the law in this region" Says the "democratic" terrorist state"

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07/28/john-kerry-and-white-house-fire-back-at-scathing-criticism-of-failed-u-s-ceasefire-plan/

There are millions of Jews in Israel. The vast majority were born there. They aren't going anywhere. I know that Iran (world's foremost sponsor of state sponsored terrorism) and terrorist organizations like Hamas in Gaza have aggressive intentions to get the Jews out ... but the Jews, they don't intend to go. It would be possible to take criticism seriously from entities that accept the right of Israel to exist at all. But Hamas and Iran do not.  

Edited by Jingthing

Welcome to TVF.

The link provided does not include bogus quote alluded - could you possibly provide a clear reference?

• Like 2

There are millions of Jews in Israel. The vast majority were born there. They aren't going anywhere.

The state of Israel was created in 1948. Sixty-six years ago.

Sixty, seventy, eighty, one hundred, two hundred, years is just a drop in the bucket.  More than a few nations have come and gone in that period of time.  And I'm sure everyone of the people living there didn't think they were "going anywhere".  But in the end, they did go somewhere:  to the scrapheap of history.

There are millions of Jews in Israel. The vast majority were born there. They aren't going anywhere.

Sixty, seventy, eighty, one hundred, two hundred, years is just a drop in the bucket.  More than a few nations have come and gone in that period of time.  And I'm sure everyone of the people living there didn't think they were "going anywhere".  But in the end, they did go somewhere:  to the scrapheap of history.

Dream on. 

Suggest you watch this series:

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/story-jews/video/preview/

It's an amazing and unlikely story indeed.

And NOT over. 

Edited by Jingthing

By this logic it could apply to the Palestinians as well...

That long term historical processes may change national boundaries, and even the existence of societies and civilizations is a given. Doubt most nations and leaders plan this far, though.

• Like 1

If ever proof was needed that Israel uses the USA. Dont be so naive. The State has no intention of talking about giving up land.

Why yes, Israel does use the same rationale as does the occupying forces of North America not only in the US but Canada as well.  And it is the same reasoning used by the occupying forces of Australia, the occupying forces of western China and Tibet, the occupying forces of Russia east of the Urals, and the list could go on. And then there are those pesky civilian casualties in Gaza with no mention of complaint about the 20,000 civilian casualties in Afghanistan and over 10 times that number in Iraq.  But what is good for the goose is not good for the gander when speaking of the perceived killers of some prophet.  The hypocrisy, the denial of historical forces, becomes overwhelming some days.

• Like 1

If Israel hadn't stolen Palestinian lands, evicted the Palestinians living there and built illegal settlements on them; if Israel and Egypt hadn't blockaded Gaza so that even medical supplies couldn't get in; would Hamas have had much support from the people of Gaza?

I doubt it.

Lifting the blockade may carry risks for Israel, but it may also be a start down the long road to peace.

It would certainly ease the suffering of the people of Gaza.

UN: Gaza humanitarian situation 'dire'

Israel pulled out completely out of Gaza in 2006, in hope to have peace, and we are observing the results of that now.
  • Like 2

A troll post and replies has been deleted.

Please don't feed the troll.   Some of you have been around long enough to recognize them.   Feeding them only encourages them.

We can do this all day. There are lots of opinions, but it really does not matter, because no one can do anything to stop Israel from blocking weapons to Hamas.

Exactly - when it comes down to it, the Zionists will do whatever they want, because they have might and power. Ipso facto, the Palestinians need to develop or acquire effective weapons to be able to get justice.

So you want a blood bath!

Respectfully, We have a blood bath already - I want the Palestinians to have a deterrence against the IDF. Or should the bath only be full of Palestinian blood?

Whist i feel sorrow for the ordinary Palestinian people's in this war, they need to come to the realisation that having Hamas as leaders or even sharing leadership will never bring about a peaceful solution to the problems. You cannot bring a terrorist organisation who openly admit their aim is the destruction of the Jewish State to the bargaining table.

So who else will resist the Zionist occupation and blockade, or get them their land back. You cannot bring a terrorist government who openly refuse to hand back stolen land to the bargaining table.

People, ask yourselves - what choices do the Palestinians have to get their land back? 

Unless there is an answer to that question, and progress with a solution, Hamas will continue to flourish - after all, no one wants to live with the Zionists jackboots pinning their faces to the ground.

While there is occupation, and no just solution to the "right of return", all resistance is not only valid, but needs to supported by the international community

People, ask yourselves - what choices do the Palestinians have to get their land back?

I'll make it easy for you! It's a very simple choice, all they have to do is accept the state of Israel's right to exist, lay down their arms and make peace. Then they the Palestinians would have their land and economic prosperity. 

This is an oxymoron

Whist i feel sorrow for the ordinary Palestinian people's in this war, they need to come to the realisation that having Hamas as leaders or even sharing leadership will never bring about a peaceful solution to the problems. You cannot bring a terrorist organisation who openly admit their aim is the destruction of the Jewish State to the bargaining table.

So who else will resist the Zionist occupation and blockade, or get them their land back. You cannot bring a terrorist government who openly refuse to hand back stolen land to the bargaining table.

Unless there is an answer to that question, and progress with a solution, Hamas will continue to flourish - after all, no one wants to live with the Zionists jackboots pinning their faces to the ground.

While there is occupation, and no just solution to the "right of return", all resistance is not only valid, but needs to supported by the international community

I'll make it easy for you! It's a very simple choice, all they have to do is accept the state of Israel's right to exist, lay down their arms and make peace. Then they the Palestinians would have their land and economic prosperity. 

This is an oxymoron

So you want the destruction of Israel? As you seam to want that Hamas have the right sort of weapons!

Respectfully, We have a blood bath already - I want the Palestinians to have a deterrence against the IDF. Or should the bath only be full of Palestinian blood?

The Palestinians are not interested in merely a deterence against the IDF, they want to destroy Israel. A representative of Hamas was interviewed just yesterday making this point quite clear, that the existence of Israel was not acceptable. So in effect, probably out of naiveté and not direct intention, you are arguing for a greater blood bath.  As Israel had abided every ceasefire and has only reacted to continued Hamas breaking of the ceasefires, the best deterence against the IDF would be to engage in non-violent protest and cease the shelling. 

I want the Zionists to make peace with the people whose land they have stolen. Its their job to do the heavy lifting.

I don't agree that the land was "stolen" but people were displaced as a result of normal historical tides. And Israel, being in the position of power and thus shouldering that obligation, should indeed take the lead in making efforts towards peace and take some risks.  And they have made those efforts in the past.  Most of the West Bank has been ceded to the Palestinian Authority and Israel did indeed retreat from the Gaza and even forecibly removed its people from settlements within Gaza.  And there are still some settlements in the West Bank that should also be removed, especially in the Hebron neighborhood. But at some point there must be a response in kind from the Palestinians and that has not happened yet.  The wall along the West Bank is the wall of mutual failure.  I repeat my mantra: both sides are in the wrong, pick a side and your wrong too.

Edited by Johpa
  • Like 2

The Palestinians are not interested in merely a deterence against the IDF, they want to destroy Israel. A representative of Hamas was interviewed just yesterday making this point quite clear, that the existence of Israel was not acceptable. So in effect, probably out of naiveté and not direct intention, you are arguing for a greater blood bath.  As Israel had abided every ceasefire and has only reacted to continued Hamas breaking of the ceasefires, the best deterence against the IDF would be to engage in non-violent protest and cease the shelling. 

I want the Zionists to make peace with the people whose land they have stolen. Its their job to do the heavy lifting.

I don't agree that the land was "stolen" but people were displaced as a result of normal historical tides. And Israel, being in the position of power and thus shouldering that obligation, should indeed take the lead in making efforts towards peace and take some risks.  And they have made those efforts in the past.  Most of the West Bank has been ceded to the Palestinian Authority and Israel did indeed retreat from the Gaza and even forecibly removed its people from settlements within Gaza.  And there are still some settlements in the West Bank that should also be removed, especially in the Hebron neighborhood. But at some point there must be a response in kind from the Palestinians and that has not happened yet.  The wall along the West Bank is the wall of mutual failure.  I repeat my mantra: both sides are in the wrong, pick a side and your wrong too.

Your response to these posts capture my thoughts as well. Thanks for some level-headed, impartial comments on such a polarized issue. I would add that irrespective of what roads brought us here there is one single over riding imperative of Israel's enemies- the total destruction of the State of Israel and genocide of all Jews. It is fallacious to suggest this imperative is related to land in the Levant. This is sacred mandate. Therefore, when Israel's actions are viewed in this context and amazing narrative of restraint is revealed.

• Like 1

Your response to these posts capture my thoughts as well. Thanks for some level-headed, impartial comments on such a polarized issue. I would add that irrespective of what roads brought us here there is one single over riding imperative of Israel's enemies- the total destruction of the State of Israel and genocide of all Jews. It is fallacious to suggest this imperative is related to land in the Levant. This is sacred mandate. Therefore, when Israel's actions are viewed in this context and amazing narrative of restraint is revealed.

The orthdox Muslim view as interpreted by the Sulafi movement is not necessarily the genocide of all Jews, as it does allow for both Jews and Christians to live in a subordinated "dhimmi" status within a Muslim state.  The sacred mandate is for the creation of such a Muslim state and these very orthodox interpretations of Islam allow for great violence, the Sword of Allah as seen on the Saudi flag,  in order to create such a state.  This is the foundation for ISIS (ISIL) which is largely funded by the close Arab friends of King James the Baker in Houston.

The orthdox Muslim view as interpreted by the Sulafi movement is not necessarily the genocide of all Jews, as it does allow for both Jews and Christians to live in a subordinated "dhimmi" status within a Muslim state.  The sacred mandate is for the creation of such a Muslim state and these very orthodox interpretations of Islam allow for great violence, the Sword of Allah as seen on the Saudi flag,  in order to create such a state.  This is the foundation for ISIS (ISIL) which is largely funded by the close Arab friends of King James the Baker in Houston.

Fair. Agreed. I consider dhimmitude just as bad as genocide; but clearly there is a difference. Your right.

But People, ask yourselves, Do the Palestinians really want peace? If they elect Hamas as their leaders? Probably not.  It's very easy for Meshaal to say no ceasefire, he's in Qatar far away from the fighting  safe in his hotel, while his People are suffering.

That's what I call really brave. cheesy.gif

Wooweeee ! You have found the solution. The same as the Oslo accords, which the PLO accepted - largely - back in the early 90s. The Israeli right wing then killed Rabin to stop him finding peace with Palestine. And the Zionists then brought in right wingers and Zionist supporters, like Netanyahu - and (probably) assassinated Arafat. If the land grab of the Western Bank by Zionists was stopped, the other substantive issues (right of return and/or compensation, security, etc)  could be approached with some good will. The theft of Palestinian land is the key issue, as it would be if Palestine or Egypt of Jordan were stealing Israeli land.

But on a related topic, how on earth could any responsible government that sincerely wanted peace offer a Cabinet position to someone as blatantly a war-mongering racist as Avigdor Lieberman? Foreign Minister??? Responsible for international relations? It is of course impossible to accept that Israel has a peaceful agenda while people with perspectives such as Lieberman are Israel's leaders.

How long do you try to make peace, before there is Peace? This has been going on now for over 60 years. Maybe it proves there is no peace to be made with terrorists! You go on about land grabs, But Israel returned the Sinai to Egypt for a peace treaty. Israel would return 95% of the west bank for peace.

For as many Hawks there are within the Israeli government. I don't see any doves on the other side who are ready for peace.

what hasn't helped anyone is Obama and Kerry. They have pissed off the Egyptians and the PA apart from Israel. It has probably set the whole process back.

• Like 2

Fair. Agreed. I consider dhimmitude just as bad as genocide; but clearly there is a difference. Your right.
Alas the appeasement of Muslim activists in Europe suggest many prefer dhimmitude or are so ignorant that they don't realize it is precisely that they risk serving up on a plate for their children.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1

There are plenty more accounts of journalists being threatened by Hamas, they have also been caught storing weapons in a third UN school and a Palestinian missile fell short onto a hospital killing ten, but you will not hear of this in the MSN except perhaps as an afterthought at the bottom of a news report.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/07/29/THIRD-Rocket-Arsenal-Found-At-UN-School-In-Gaza

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The IDF has a policy of intimidation and murdering journalists - everyone knows this.  

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/media/attacked.html

"The Palestinians are not interested in merely a deterence against the IDF, they want to destroy Israel."

+

"Thanks for some level-headed, impartial comments"

=

cheesy.gif

The clearly stated objectives of Hamas are not so funny. Yes they are deeply anti-semitic and reveal genocidal intentions towards Jews. They don't even try to hide it. 

As far as lifting blockades, do you think it was rational of Hamas to go for this by launching a war they knew they couldn't win militarily? Yes, they are winning the international "PR" war, that's true, but if Israel caves in it will be giving the wrong message to any more rational Palestinian players in future. Just play the Hamas insane game and you will win. Israel can't do that. Israel shouldn't do that. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

"The Palestinians are not interested in merely a deterence against the IDF, they want to destroy Israel."

+

"Thanks for some level-headed, impartial comments"

=

cheesy.gif

glad you find the truth so funny.

• Like 1