Durian for 600$ a piece

I grew up eating all type of durians on regular basis... $600 for a durian ? No way i am paying even if the shell is gold plated ! laugh.png

The most expensive 2kg durian i ever paid was for a D-24 red flesh durian at SGD$20.-

Edited by RedBullHorn

Connection is too slow to watch 8min of durian. However in Japan I've seen mangos and melons go for between 2000 and 6000 baht. They are specially taken care of without any defects and presented in a nice box, etc. I still can't see overpaying for a fruit like that no matter how perfect it is.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 piece of durian for $600 . Who would buy it . Have more durian than u can eat for 50 bart per kilo , give or take 100 bart each way . $600 per piece . Farm durian and see how many pieces u sell for $600 . 18000 bart . Lmfao

Sent from my SM-T315T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My apologies , I just talked to my wife about this durian . She said its true $600 18000 bart per piece , sold at siam paragon bangkok and other places . She said a type , strain of durian . Was a big flood and killed most of the trees . Now the farmers who have it wont let others have seedlings . Smart .they control the whole market .
So my apologies to you all for my ignorant ingnorarmous . 555

Sent from my SM-T315T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hello All, you maybe not get $600 for these durian, but for those in the

Khunhan District of Srisket are growing good quality durian.

Here's where where the article is(see pic) and here's part of it(in Thai).

They are having a seminar on the 14th(? or so), my crypto tec is out,

so can't transulate. 

rice555 

• Like 1

Durian is an amazing fruit; during the season we have some almost every day.

Impossible to describe the absolute creaminess with a slight tinge of vanilla flavor that you get when you bite on a perfectly ripened pod.

Unfortunately it is also one of the most misunderstood fruit. Constantly bad mouthed by Idiots that never tasted one or by other people then never bothered to obtained a good one. (many overripe or watery ones out there; will surely give the wrong impression)

Beginning of the season they sell for up to 60/70 baht kilo; now at the height, are down to 45 baht kilo, no shortage whatsoever. 

We successfully grow some (this year the heat got them, no fruit), in the market; durian sellers always have the most action.

• Like 1