Thai worker killed by mortar attack in Israel

webfact

Thai worker killed in Israel

7-24-2014-9-48-09-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Thai worker was confirmed killed in a rocket attack in Israel on Wednesday, the Employment Department said.

Department director-general Sumet Mahosot confirmed the worker’s death but has name remained unknown.

However he said the slain worker was a male native from Pua district of Nan province.

According to the Jerusalem Post, the .Thai worker was injured from mortar shell fired from the Gaza Strip which hit a house in the Ashkelon Coast Regional Council.

He was rushed to a medical centre in Ashkelon by helicopter where he succumbed to his injuries, it added.

The paper said Israel authorities have sent condolences to the victim’s family.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-worker-killed-israel/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-24

Thai worker killed in Israeli air strike
By Digital Content

14061789931328.jpg

BANGKOK, July 24 -- A Thai worker has been killed in an air strike in Israel, according to Thailand’s Department of Employment.

Sumet Mahosot, director-general of the Department of Employment under the Ministry of Labour, said today that a Thai national, identified as 36-year-old worker Narakorn Kittiyangkul, was killed in an Israeli air strike yesterday.

Mr Narakorn, originally from Thailand’s northern province of Nan, went to work in Israel on June 24 before the escalation of violence between Israel and Palestine.

The Department of Employment coordinated with officials in Israel and family of the worker in sending the body to Thailand before flying the body back to Nan.

Initially, the family of the worker was to receive Bt40,000 from the Overseas Workers' Welfare Fund, while assistance from Israel is currently in progress.

The Thai Employment Department, meanwhile, requested employers in Israel to allow Thai workers to stop working temporarily and go to safe areas. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-07-24

Thailand urges Israel to relocate workers

BANGKOK, July 24, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand on Thursday urged Israel to relocate 4,000 Thai nationals working near the battle-scarred Gaza strip after one of its citizens was killed.

Israeli police said a farm labourer, Narakorn Kittiyongkul, died on Wednesday when a projectile fired from Gaza struck the greenhouse where he was working in the southern part of the country.

He joined a soaring death toll from 17 days of conflict which has claimed more than 700 lives so far and prompted frantic diplomatic efforts to forge a truce led by the US and United Nations.

The Thai Foreign Ministry said its embassy in Tel Aviv had advised its citizens to stop working in the area near Gaza.

"The Thai Embassy has contacted the Israeli Foreign Ministry and employers to ask them to relocate 4,000 Thai workers in agriculture estates near the Gaza strip immediately and unconditionally to safe areas 10 to 20 kilometres (6-12 miles) away," ministry spokesman Sek Wannamethee told reporters in Bangkok.

"But we will not evacuate our workers from Israel yet," he added.

Thousands of overseas workers, many from Southeast Asia, work on Israeli farms and in factories.

Israeli air strikes and military incursions into Gaza have battered the densely populated enclave, leaving more than 700 dead.

Gaza-based rights groups say at least 80 percent of the victims are civilians, including women and children.

Israel says over 30 of its soldiers have died since it began ground operations on July 17.

Israel says it is targeting the Islamist Hamas movement which has fired hundreds of rockets into Israel over recent months.

US Secretary of State John Kerry and UN chief Ban Ki-moon held talks in Jerusalem on Wednesday in a bid to secure a ceasefire, but so far Hamas has rejected any truce without the lifting of Israel's eight-year blockade on Gaza.

afplogo.jpg
-- © Copyright AFP 2014-07-24

"Mr Narakorn, originally from Thailand’s northern province of Nan, went to work in Israel on June 24 before the escalation of violence between Israel and Palestine."

WHAT? blink.png

Escalation of violence just began to 'up' on June 24th, 2014?

<deleted>... Thai lack of knowledge of what occurs beyond its borders never ceases to amaze me.

Interesting that the Thai govt is stating it was an Israeli air strike that killed him???

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm quite sure that the Thai government has not taken the time to ascertain where Israel is, or what is happening there. Three articles about the unfortunate fellow's death - one states Israeli Airforce, the next states "mortar" and the third states "projectile". It really is not worth the extra money to go and work there.

I never understand why foreigners would choose to work in Palestine or Israel, or Iran for that matter. There are plenty of places available.

RIP fellow.

Wrong place at the wrong time. Not the first, and not the last, unfortunately.

What is wrong with Iran? I wouldn't work in Saudi Arabia but Iran seems very civilized.

• Like 2

where are all of the people who have been condemning Israel on the other threads?

Why aren't they here saying he deserved it???

They apparently think that the Jews who die or are injured or terrorized from Hamas rockets and mortars don't have the right to fight back, right???

So why aren't they here now?? Do you think Hamas is sorry??

Hamas does not care how many innocent people die; their goal is not to create a palestinian state; it is to kill ANY and EVERY jew they can as well as anyone who supports them in any way.

• Like 2

Thailand asks Israel to help evacuate Thais from Gaza
By Digital Content

14061796785136.jpg

BANGKOK, July 24 -- The Thai Foreign Ministry has coordinated with the Israeli Foreign Ministry asking for cooperation in moving Thai workers in the Gaza Strip to safer areas, though no plans of an evacuation have yet been made, foreign ministry spokesman Sek Wannamethee said today.

In his briefing to journalists at the ministry, Mr Sek said that the attacks in Israel yesterday caused one Thai workers, Narakorn Kittiyungkul from Nan province, to be caught in the violence and lose his life.

According to the Royal Thai Embassy in Tel Aviv, the deceased was working inside an agricultural industrial estate in the Gaza Strip, when an air raid was carried out.

He was wounded in the attack and died of his wounds.

The embassy said it has informed the deceased's family of his death and would send the victim's body to Nan for a proper Buddhist funeral.

The spokesman said that the Royal Thai Embassy in Israel is closely monitoring the situation around the clock.

Thirty-eight Thai workers have asked to be moved from the violence-impacted area.

Meanwhile, the Thai foreign ministry has contacted the Israeli Foreign Affairs Ministry and employers of the 4,000 Thai labourers working in 96 agriculture industrial estates near Gaza to move the Thai nationals to safer areas, about 10-20 kilometres away, immediately, and that all workers be given temporary leave.

However, there are no plans to evacuate the Thai citizens from Israel to Thailand yet. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-07-24

Thais in Israel being moved to safe place after death of one worker

BANGKOK, 24 July 2014 (NNT) – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is coordinating a relocation of thousands of Thai workers in Israel to a safe haven following the death of one Thai national in an artillery attack yesterday.

Mr Sek Wannamethi, Director-General of the Department of Information and Spokesman for the Foreign Ministry, stated that one of the victims of Wednesday’s air strike in Israel was a Thai citizen. The dead has been identified as 36-year-old Narakorn Kittiyangkul, a resident of Pua district, Nan province. The Department of Employment is cooperating with Israeli authorities in bringing the body back home.

Following the tragedy, Mr Sek reported that the Thai Embassy in Tel Aviv has requested the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs as well as Israeli employers to facilitate the relocation of around 4,000 Thai nationals working near the Israel-Gaza border to a safer place, preferably out of the 20-kilometer radius from the violence-prone zone. The employers were also urged to allow the Thai employees to suspend their work for the time being.

Thus far, no evacuation of Thais from Israel has been ordered. Nonetheless, the Thai Embassy is keeping a watchful eye on the local situation while trying to ensure safety for all citizens there.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-07-24 footer_n.gif

For quite some years many hundreds of thousands Palestinians worked in Israel. When I travelled through that area in 1971 as student and in the 80-s, the borders were as open as between Siam and Lanna.

However, HAMAS used the opportunity to do terrorist attacts, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas.

Result: the Israelis closed all border with the Palestinian territories, even had to build a high wall, and brought in workers from Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand: from Thailand alone about 25.000; I even helped with that.

Many thousands of rockets were fired in the last decades.

What the Thai gov. + military would do, if thousands rockets were fired on Srichiengmai alone from Laos as Sdderot got ( see map and see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sderot )

Would they do nothing as Lao gov stored rockets in a school, like UNWRA in Gaza ? Or.. just as with the temple case with Cambodia: FIRE !

• Like 1

Israel asks all Thai workers to leave Gaza Strip: Official
By Digital Content

14061939473466.jpg

BANGKOK, July 24 - Israel has asked Thailand to inform all Thai workers in the Gaza Strip to leave the area for safer locations, even if some refused to do so, a Thai foreign ministry official said today.

Information Department Deputy Director-General Russ Jalichandra said that the Royal Thai Embassy in Tel Aviv has warned all Thai nationals working near the Gaza Strip since July 8 to stop going to work and to stay indoors as a safety precaution.

Mr Russ, as a foreign ministry deputy spokesman, said that the Israeli government has asked the Thai embassy to make sure that Thai workers near the Gaza Strip, some of whom have refused to move, to evacuate to safer areas as soon as possible as violence is escalating in the area.

According to the official, the Thai ministry and relevant agencies are ready to evacuate all Thais living in Israel once the situation there has become too severe, though a thorough discussion must first be carried out to determine the best course of action and that of the rights of the Thai workers, as some already expressed that they would still want to work in Israel.

The Royal Thai Embassy in Tel Aviv estimated that are 4,276 Thai nationals living and working in risk prone locations and has already asked them to move to safer locations. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-07-24

I never understand why foreigners would choose to work in Palestine or Israel, or Iran for that matter. There are plenty of places available.

RIP fellow.

What is wrong with Iran? I wouldn't work in Saudi Arabia but Iran seems very civilized.

I worked for several months in KSA - and would certainly go back there. Iran is somewhat less predictable.

RIP fellow.

How about why Israel is killing innocent people?I can't imagine this guy was a Hamas follower

where are all of the people who have been condemning Israel on the other threads?

Why aren't they here saying he deserved it???

They apparently think that the Jews who die or are injured or terrorized from Hamas rockets and mortars don't have the right to fight back, right???

So why aren't they here now?? Do you think Hamas is sorry??

Hamas does not care how many innocent people die; their goal is not to create a palestinian state; it is to kill ANY and EVERY jew they can as well as anyone who supports them in any way.

Time to up your medication, methinks.

The correct story is he was killed by Hamas mortar fire whilst working in a green house in Ashkelon. Ashkelon is not in the Gaza strip, but is just North of the border. I actually saw the story on the local (Israeli) news the other night about someone being injured in Ashkelon, so this now makes sense (as long as you ignore most Thai media). This death has been reported outside of Thailand with the cause being rocket or mortar, but definetly not inside Gaza. I think there was even a thread running where the Thai government said there were no Thai's in Gaza the other week?

And no Israel is not killing "innocent" people unless they are put in harms way deliberately. Watching at night the usual scenario is rockets launched and within a few minutes the site is bombed. A lot of the time there are secondary explosions indicating more explosives were in the area. Other times there are flares launched over an area about 5 minutes before the bomb hits. So the Israeli's are not indiscriminately bombing the area or targetting civilians. This is not from media, but my own eyes. Hamas on the other hand, well a bit differennt. They started by murdering 3 Israeli teenagers and then justifying(?) it by saying they were practising for abducting and killing soldiers, there are online video's for this of one of the Hamas leaders proudly stating this fact. Then they indiscriminantly fire missilies at Israel hoping to murder some jews, but in this case hitting a Thai. They will be annoyed that their victim is not a jew, but no guilt will worry them as they will probably be happy just to have killed someone in Israel. Nice people.

Is it really dangerous in Israel, not really. I am more worried about the trip down to Pattaya I am planning to drive when I get back to Thailand.

Cheers

Thanks for the info about the poor Thai man. May he RIP.

But don't use this instance to become yet another member of the Israeli social media spin machine. Why do you deny that Israel is killing innocent civilians? The IDF knows, as you and I know, that if you fire missiles, naval and tank shells into the most densely populated place on Earth you will kill people who are not involved in fighting. You will kill women and children. Even if you deny this will happen, the Israeli government readily acknowledges civilians will die. But these civilian dead are not really people, they are simply "collateral damage". And the Israeli givernment and IDF also know that while firing missiles and heavy armamments to destroy the essentials of a normal life (water and sewerage, schools, hospitals, electricity generation etc etc) that there will be civilians present - who will be killed and maimed. From a rational point of view, this prior knowledge constitutes an act of murder.

Hamas don't seem bothered about who dies either. But their backyard rockets cannot be aimed well - they are too primitive. They just throw 'em up and hope they land and kill someone. But to unleash the most advanced weaponry in the world against backyard rockets seems a wee bit disproportionate, and throws a greater responsibility on Israel to find ways to cease the slaughter.

And while you have been away, news reports continue to say that there was no Hamas plot or agreement to kidnap and murder the Israeli teenagers, but that a rogue group (the notoriously insane Qawasmeh clan) did so. Hamas denies any involvement, and as they are always ready to claim credit for the odd nasty act, I suspect they are telling the truth. Funny how this isn't accepted by Netanyahu, yet he expects Palestinians to readily accept that a rogue group of Jews kidnapped, tortured and murdered the 16-year-old Palestinian boy, Abu Khdeir. If you have evidence that Hamas claimed responsibility for killing the 3 students, please pass it on. If not, check your facts before unleashing your prejudices.

PS Drive safely!

RIP fellow.

Where? rolleyes.gif

With working Visa easy available please, I have some family members of my GF who would like to work abroad, but possibly now, not in Israel, where it is not so difficult to get a working visa. whistling.gif

Interesting that the Thai govt is stating it was an Israeli air strike that killed him???

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He meant possibly, - died in an airstrike against Israel.

If the location of the deadly incident is right, many Kilometers from the border, it was no Israeli airstrike on its own soil. LIT. = Lost in translation, I believe.

RIP fellow.

Compared to parts of Syria, ISIS controlled, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia and North Korea, ect. maybe. rolleyes.gif

"Israel has asked Thailand to inform all Thai workers in the Gaza Strip to leave the area for safer locations, even if some refused to do so, a Thai foreign ministry official said today.
Information Department Deputy Director-General Russ Jalichandra said that the Royal Thai Embassy in Tel Aviv has warned all Thai nationals working near the Gaza Strip since July 8 to stop going to work and to stay indoors as a safety precaution."

So, which is it? In the Gaza Strip or Near the Gaza Strip. Why would Israeli firms hire Thai workers to work IN the Gaza Strip?

Was he killed by an 'evil' Israeli air strike or a 'peaceful' Hamas mortar? /sarcasm

None of the reports make anything clear except the poor, deceased Thai was working and died violently in either Israel or the Gaza Strip.

Edited by rametindallas

The correct story is he was killed by Hamas mortar fire whilst working in a green house in Ashkelon. Ashkelon is not in the Gaza strip, but is just North of the border. I actually saw the story on the local (Israeli) news the other night about someone being injured in Ashkelon, so this now makes sense (as long as you ignore most Thai media). This death has been reported outside of Thailand with the cause being rocket or mortar, but definetly not inside Gaza. I think there was even a thread running where the Thai government said there were no Thai's in Gaza the other week?

And no Israel is not killing "innocent" people unless they are put in harms way deliberately. Watching at night the usual scenario is rockets launched and within a few minutes the site is bombed. A lot of the time there are secondary explosions indicating more explosives were in the area. Other times there are flares launched over an area about 5 minutes before the bomb hits. So the Israeli's are not indiscriminately bombing the area or targetting civilians. This is not from media, but my own eyes. Hamas on the other hand, well a bit differennt. They started by murdering 3 Israeli teenagers and then justifying(?) it by saying they were practising for abducting and killing soldiers, there are online video's for this of one of the Hamas leaders proudly stating this fact. Then they indiscriminantly fire missilies at Israel hoping to murder some jews, but in this case hitting a Thai. They will be annoyed that their victim is not a jew, but no guilt will worry them as they will probably be happy just to have killed someone in Israel. Nice people.

Is it really dangerous in Israel, not really. I am more worried about the trip down to Pattaya I am planning to drive when I get back to Thailand.

Cheers

Thanks for the info about the poor Thai man. May he RIP.

But don't use this instance to become yet another member of the Israeli social media spin machine. Why do you deny that Israel is killing innocent civilians? The IDF knows, as you and I know, that if you fire missiles, naval and tank shells into the most densely populated place on Earth you will kill people who are not involved in fighting. You will kill women and children. Even if you deny this will happen, the Israeli government readily acknowledges civilians will die. But these civilian dead are not really people, they are simply "collateral damage". And the Israeli givernment and IDF also know that while firing missiles and heavy armamments to destroy the essentials of a normal life (water and sewerage, schools, hospitals, electricity generation etc etc) that there will be civilians present - who will be killed and maimed. From a rational point of view, this prior knowledge constitutes an act of murder.

Hamas don't seem bothered about who dies either. But their backyard rockets cannot be aimed well - they are too primitive. They just throw 'em up and hope they land and kill someone. But to unleash the most advanced weaponry in the world against backyard rockets seems a wee bit disproportionate, and throws a greater responsibility on Israel to find ways to cease the slaughter.

And while you have been away, news reports continue to say that there was no Hamas plot or agreement to kidnap and murder the Israeli teenagers, but that a rogue group (the notoriously insane Qawasmeh clan) did so. Hamas denies any involvement, and as they are always ready to claim credit for the odd nasty act, I suspect they are telling the truth. Funny how this isn't accepted by Netanyahu, yet he expects Palestinians to readily accept that a rogue group of Jews kidnapped, tortured and murdered the 16-year-old Palestinian boy, Abu Khdeir. If you have evidence that Hamas claimed responsibility for killing the 3 students, please pass it on. If not, check your facts before unleashing your prejudices.

PS Drive safely!

But to unleash the most advanced weaponry in the world against backyard rockets seems a wee bit disproportionate

Are you suggesting that Israel use the same crude weapons, that Hamas is using, against the civilian population of the Gaza Strip? Dead by a 'backyard' rocket (these are not home-made as you suggest) or dead by an Israeli fighter jet is still dead.

BTW, the Israeli incursion/attack on the Gaza Strip has nothing to do with the kidnapping/murder of Israeli teens but with the launching of rockets on the civilian population of Israel. I don't know what country you are from but in the US, if terrorist were launching rockets from Mexico into El Paso Texas, and the Mexican government didn't stop it immediately, the US government would be conducting air strikes into Mexico to take out those rockets, too. Too bad your government wouldn't protect its citizens the same way.

Funny how this isn't accepted by Netanyahu, yet he expects Palestinians to readily accept that a rogue group of Jews kidnapped, tortured and murdered the 16-year-old Palestinian boy, Abu Khdeir.

If it wasn't a 'rogue' group, then it was a government sponsored kidnapping/torture/murder. Is that your claim? That the Israeli government ordered the kidnapping/torture/murder of the 16 year old Palestinian boy?

Innuendo, much?

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

RIP fellow.

Thais never consider risk. They only see the money. They haven't got the intellect to factor in risk.