Professional tree removers

featography

I havent been able to find an existing topic so I am starting one. I have a tree, app. 30 feet high that needs to come down. The challenge is, it is 2 feet from boundary wall, less than 4 feet from neighbors first floor roof, and about 2 feet from the corner of my house roof. It sets in the corner, if we were to fall it away from the mentioned obstacles, it would take out the roof of my car port, as well as boundary wall parallel to the street. It will have to be taken down in segments and I have seen how some ''professional'' jack of all trades, climb in their sandels with a hatched or hand saw and cut limbs and let them fall, with no ropes, much less snatch blocks.

Does anyone have a positive experience with, and can recommend a company that does this kind of close quarter work with all the tools of the trade?. The tree is infested with termites and I want it out of here before a hardy wind and rain blow it over.

I can take the jokes and laugh with you, but really need some constructive advice to go with it. Thanks in advance for both.

Additionally, I live in Sansai, Chiang Mai. The tree isnt leaning, or giving any visual indication that its about to uproot, I have driven a screw driver in the first 8 feet of the tree, all around it and the wood is solid, with no rot. The termites are just under the bark, and the bark does separate in chunks with bare hands.

The local Tessabhan is the place to go as they employ all the "pruners" you see around towm clearing tres from the electric lines. They will work OT for a fee and they took out a pair of 50 footers for me a while back.

post-7622-0-29506000-1406182239_thumb.jp

Edited by Maejo Man

The local Tessabhan is the place to go as they employ all the "pruners" you see around towm clearing tres from the electric lines. They will work OT for a fee and they took out a pair of 50 footers for me a while back.

thank you Maejo. I.ll check into that.

A question out of curiosity, give me a guesstimation based on what they charged for your 2 50 footers if you dont mind. I have no idea what the cost for mine might be, but would appreciate some figure in the ball park. I pay as I go, so wondering how much to rat hole away. Thanks again.

You are quite right to worry about how the job is done. I used to do this in my youth and I had insurance to back me up. I also worked with experienced teams and things went wrong all the time... branches land where you want them to and then bounce in unpredictable ways, strangely attracted by windows and the like.

• Like 2

We just had three removed at the 25 yo condo. One was a two day job. It had about 12 power lines running through the lower third of it. It was amazing.

Name was ana********. I think they are listed on some website that refers people for home repair. Very professional, almost surgical. If you can't find anybody, I'll try to get the info.. If you have a Thai speaker, I can put you in touch with the manager, whose English is about as nidnoi as my Thai.

• Like 1

2 years ago we had to have a huge tree cut down on the vacant lot next to us as it was covering our place and we had no sunlight and a lot of tree snakes were ending up in our garden. It had to have been 35-40 feet tall. We found a crew of guys that came on motorcycles like in a gang. They were total pros with spikes on their boots to climb the trees, ropes and pulleys and so forth. One guy was the foreman and called the shots and he operated the ropes while the other guys climbed up with chainsaws. Not a single branch landed on the roof, no damage, etc.They carefully cut up the tree and piled it up on the vacant lot. They charged us 2500 I believe. As I recall there were 3 or 4 guys. Took them about 4 hours.

Edited by elektrified
  • Like 1