Adjusting to Thailand

musicindustry

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Have you thought about Cambodia ?

Well I'm really here for the entertainment industry and also the particular scenery for a trailer were shooting. Unless Cambodia has that.

I think maybe its just cause I live in the native part of thailand instead of a tourist area?

Din Daeng LOL, crumby 7,500 baht per month apt, ROFL.
Sack whoever booked you in there.

Wouldnt be letting the Ratchada/Thong Lor Or RCA groupies know where you live, heck they probably live in better areas and apts their sponsors provide.

I can think of many adjectives to use to describe Din Daeng, native wouldnt be one, heck even the Thais laugh at the name.

If thats your photo, its a bit passe, the Thais favour the KPop look these days.

The locals are only negative about Din Daeng Flats but the area is much bigger and basically stretches all the way east up to Suttisan left from Ratchada.

Most groupies live actually in this area and it's not that bad. Mostly working class, taxi drivers, office workers, massage parlor workers etc.

I live currently live in a not so good part I believe. Is there an area with less bugs and wild animals? The bug problem here is really extreme

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The locals are only negative about Din Daeng Flats but the area is much bigger and basically stretches all the way east up to Suttisan left from Ratchada.

Most groupies live actually in this area and it's not that bad. Mostly working class, taxi drivers, office workers, massage parlor workers etc.

I live currently live in a not so good part I believe. Is there an area with less bugs and wild animals? The bug problem here is really extreme

I don't think you have gone native enough.

They aren't 'bugs and wild animals' ... they are food opportunites - breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Plus musicindustry, I do feel for you as you been up all night ... it's 4am in Thailand now.

Get some quality sleep and come back to the Forum with some more quality questions after Breakfast ... w00t.gif

• Like 1

do what I did, shag yourself silly for the first 6 weeks or until it gets boring bedding different women and then settle down to a normal life as you would anywhere else

Spoken like a true veteran. clap2.gif

Soutpeel is being koi.

He had visited every LB establishment in bangers in 6 days, not six weeks.

• Like 2

Its my second day. Here alone living in Din Daeng 7500/month apartment. Employees coming next month so we'll have to get somewhere bigger. Just need to learn Thai I suppose. I'm a dance music/nightlife CEO from NYC and also a performer and I have a big fan base already built in thailand as well as a thailand division of the company so I'll be in demand for performances for next month.

Every english speaker I talked to was very wise and informative here which is why I'd like to learn from you guys, you're all probably more experienced than the people I've met so far.

Well the correct class of visa and of course a work permit might just be the priority aim along with a course of anti delusional medication to assist in coming to terms with reality.

Plus one should beware of turning into a ogreish Scandinavian creature too!!whistling.gif

Edited by siampolee

do what I did, shag yourself silly for the first 6 weeks or until it gets boring bedding different women and then settle down to a normal life as you would anywhere else

Thats pretty much how it went for me.

I moved straight into Pattaya. I had no idea what was to great me. but was emptying a load within 30 minutes of arrival. !!

Lol. If you're a good guy, just be yourself and things will be cool. If you're a revolting, misogynistic braggart, I have no advice for you.

I moved straight into Pattaya. I had no idea what was to great me. but was emptying a load within 30 minutes of arrival. !!

Lol. If you're a good guy, just be yourself and things will be cool. If you're a revolting, misogynistic braggart, I have no advice for you.

Revolting, misogynistic braggarts are the single largest means of support for single mums in Thailand.

Always remember......

When it comes to free advice.....

You get what you pay for.

It seems TV is full of experts on life in Thailand,

Who spend their life looking at the same computer screen they could see anywhere in the world.

EXPERT : Ex = " something that use to be" Spurt = " a drip under pressure"

An expert is just someone who was once a drip under pressure.

Keep your eyes open and use your head.

If you are not a fool, you will do just fine on your own.

Edited by willyumiii

Revolting, misogynistic braggarts are the single largest means of support for single mums in Thailand.

I have no advice for you.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You need to Wai everyone, even foreigners if you really want to fit in. Often stopping by a spirit house and giving it a Wai is also acceptable, the locals in Din Daeng will appreciate it.
You need to Wai everyone, even foreigners if you really want to fit in. Often stopping by a spirit house and giving it a Wai is also acceptable, the locals in Din Daeng will appreciate it.

Dont forget the security guards, janitory workers etc very important for face in Thailand

I was doing it a little before now I will always do it for everyone. It's great to be nice to people here they smile and are always nice back.

Some people on this forum think its cute to give you bad advice. Its rather childish and only amusing for a few.

Look up on this forum the etiquette of the wai. You don't need to do it all the time, only in certain circumstances.

Dont forget the security guards, janitory workers etc very important for face in Thailand

I was doing it a little before now I will always do it for everyone. It's great to be nice to people here they smile and are always nice back.

Some people on this forum think its cute to give you bad advice. Its rather childish and only amusing for a few.

Look up on this forum the etiquette of the wai. You don't need to do it all the time, only in certain circumstances.

It's always better to over wai than under wai. Since the OP has only been here 2 days he doesn't know the difference between a security guard and a cop. So wai everyone to start off with and things will work themselves out. Like you said people smile when you wai. Smile = Happy.

BTW BADDAT couldn't you afford a better avatar. I'd hate to see your real car.

I really do not understand that you are having problems "adjusting" here...?????

What exactly are the problems? Can't get laid? Feeling lonely? Don't like the food? Don't fancy the Thai-people? Need other foreigners to hang out with? Miss mom back home?

Thailand would in my opinion be one of the easiest countries in the world to adjust in. I don't get it?

I think that is his real car, believe he is trying to get some money together to buy a second hand "motocy" engine to put in it thumbsup.gif

but at the moment needs to power it like Fred Flintstone... yaba daba doo

• Like 1

willyumiii post # 37

Always remember......

You get what you pay for.

It seems TV is full of experts on life in Thailand,

Who spend their life looking at the same computer screen they could see anywhere in the world.

EXPERT : Ex = " something that use to be" Spurt = " a drip under pressure"

Keep your eyes open and use your head.

If you are not a fool, you will do just fine on your own.

Always remember......

You get what you pay for. It seems TV is full of experts on life in Thailand like me, who spend their life looking at the same computer screen they could see anywhere in the world.

EXPERT : Ex = " something that use to be" Spurt = " a drip under pressure cumming or going.''

Now I have released the pressure

Kept my eyes open and used the head, blow me I felt so much better afterwards!!!!

If you're a fool, you will do just fine on your own.

Edited by siampolee

It's always better to over wai than under wai. Since the OP has only been here 2 days he doesn't know the difference between a security guard and a cop. So wai everyone to start off with and things will work themselves out. Like you said people smile when you wai. Smile = Happy.

You know the intention of the advice others gave was to try and embarrass the OP and make him look even more like a newbie. He will be fine if he wai's everyone or he doesn't wai a single person.

My avatar is of my project car I am building. That is a pretty lame attempt at a jab.

I think that is his real car, believe he is trying to get some money together to buy a second hand "motocy" engine to put in it thumbsup.gif

Its a 1972 Datsun 510 powered by a 4.3L Lexus V8. It is one of a few cars and motorcycles I own..not that has anything to do with this thread....

Maybe if you guys had a hobby like building a project car or something then you would spend less time trying to insult other posters for their avatars.

• Like 1

.. is this what I should do to say thank you to drivers and food personel

and with that giveaway comment, I call TROLL

The wild animals gave it away.

OP will be asking next where to top up with extra strength whitening cream.

I do recall seeing some fairly wild animals hanging around Din Daeng in Redshirts at the intesection that meets with Vibhavadi some years back. Maybe that is what he is referring to?

Its a 1972 Datsun 510 powered by a 4.3L Lexus V8. It is one of a few cars and motorcycles I own..not that has anything to do with this thread....

Maybe if you guys had a hobby like building a project car or something then you would spend less time trying to insult other posters for their avatars.

So after it's finished it's going to look like this? I think it will impress a lot of Thais.

post-202194-0-39613000-1406264790_thumb.

AFT see I told you it was his real car..tongue.png

" It is one of a few cars and motorcycles I own"

Are they all in same condition as the Datsun ? rolleyes.gif

Ah now I get your hobby.... your running a scrap yard, interesting hobby laugh.png .....thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

You precious little darling RikDao, would you like a tissue to wipe the tear from your eye ?

You precious little darling RikDao, would you like a tissue to wipe the tear from your eye ?

I think you need all the tissue you can get, right by your bedside.

• Like 1

I really do not understand that you are having problems "adjusting" here...?????

What exactly are the problems? Can't get laid? Feeling lonely? Don't like the food? Don't fancy the Thai-people? Need other foreigners to hang out with? Miss mom back home?

Thailand would in my opinion be one of the easiest countries in the world to adjust in. I don't get it?

The OP says it is his SECOND DAY here .

Just another needy type who'll move the first girl he shags into his apartment within 5 days.

• Like 1

AFT see I told you it was his real car..tongue.png

" It is one of a few cars and motorcycles I own"

Are they all in same condition as the Datsun ? rolleyes.gif

Ah now I get your hobby.... your running a scrap yard, interesting hobby laugh.png .....thumbsup.gif

So you are proud of yourself for figuring out that from my avatar and screen name that I own the car in the picture?

I own a newer can and truck that are both in great shape. They are parked in storage at home (which my company pays for) while I am in Thailand. I own a brand new motorcycle here which I bought in cash. I drive a rental car here most of the time which my company also pays for. I would never bring any of this up, but for some reason you a find it necessary to try and put me down for things you know nothing about.

I am not even sure why you have chosen to try and make fun of me. Whether a troll or not, the advice given (on wai'ing) was obviously not intended to help the OP or anyone for that matter. I just pointed that out even thought it may be painfully obvious to he seasoned TV poster.

This forum is supposedly to help educate people on Thailand and help them with issues they come across. But for most it seems it is for a completely different reason.

• Like 1

I do recall seeing some fairly wild animals hanging around Din Daeng in Redshirts at the intesection that meets with Vibhavadi some years back. Maybe that is what he is referring to?

Post # 29 makes reference to them, it may be he refers to those involved in the night life industry.

The OP says it is his SECOND DAY here .

Just another needy type who'll move the first girl he shags into his apartment within 5 days.

Been here two days and hasnt had a shag or moved one in yet, maybe not as hansum as he claims.

Jeez, Soi Cowboy is just up the road.

• Like 2

So you are proud of yourself for figuring out that from my avatar and screen name that I own the car in the picture?

I own a newer can and truck that are both in great shape. They are parked in storage at home (which my company pays for) while I am in Thailand. I own a brand new motorcycle here which I bought in cash. I drive a rental car here most of the time which my company also pays for. I would never bring any of this up, but for some reason you a find it necessary to try and put me down for things you know nothing about.

I am not even sure why you have chosen to try and make fun of me. Whether a troll or not, the advice given (on wai'ing) was obviously not intended to help the OP or anyone for that matter. I just pointed that out even thought it may be painfully obvious to he seasoned TV poster.

This forum is supposedly to help educate people on Thailand and help them with issues they come across. But for most it seems it is for a completely different reason.

OP another bit of valuable of information which will be very useful for you in Thailand, one needs a sense of humour and dont take things or yourself too seriously and you will be fine, dont become another one of those uptight farangs thats are running around.... sanook sanook...thumbsup.gif

• Like 1